His Current Days: How do you REALLY want them to be?

Would it be in Chris' best interest to have more autonomy and leave the house more frequently?

  • Yes.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anchuent Christory

Socially Awesome and Cool.
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Chris used to have an enormous amount of personal freedom because he had absolutely zero responsibilities and all the free time in the world to pursue whatever he could dream up. Unfortunately, he chose to squander this time by loitering, harassing, and generally being a nuisance to the local community.
I mean, look at TheGameplace; As an autistic manchild in a hobby store, he should have been in heaven, but by all accounts he was a rude, abrasive, entitled, obnoxious twat who was finally kicked out, and if anything, he's only gotten worse since then.

He had a chance to reset the clock somewhat after he finally washed his hands with the court case, but he almost instantaneously reverted back to his default setting of being an entitled wanker.
 

rocket

14/f/japan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 19, 2013
I just want the dude to get some real help and have a fighting chance out there

But since that's like wishing to win the lottery I'll sit back and facepalm at the continued downward spiral
 

Stalin

Uncle Snuggles Peanut Butter
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Jul 26, 2013
Chris needs to get out more. It would help is psyche to not be stuck in the Horde all day, subject to the whims of Barb. Barb does nothing for Chris except scare him into submission. Once he has a bit of freedom, he may relax.

I do agree that supervision is probably the best for him, though.
 

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
i voted yes and no because it'd be good for him and not good for the rest of the world
 

Stuff and Things

Bloodsucker
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
My quick answer is yes: because i just want to see a new saga...

My long answer would be: at the end, Chris will do whatever the hell he wants to do, so, if he wants to go out there and vandalize store property or stalk boyfriend-free girls, he would do it anyway... also, if he goes out more often, we all know that he would have a lot of issues with the rest of the people, and since he was never punished or called out for anything because "he's special", so, he needs to learn that he can't do whatever he wants to do, he needs to learn that he has to respect other people, he needs to learn that he has no right to make somebody's else life worse, he needs to learn that the world doesn't revolves around him... if he just spends more time locked up in the hoard, it would just be like a time bomb... but he doesn't only needs to go out just like that, he needs to go out and seek help... but he's chris, he never learns because he doesn't have to, after all, he's perfect in every way...
 

3Yikes

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Globe said:
He's gone from loitering and holding up signs to defacing private property simply because he's in a "bad mood". Not that I think he'd ever deliberately harm someone, but that's borderline sociopath shit.

Most of the things he actually does to annoy people are pretty mild. Loitering and smelling really bad aren't exactly anything that most people take too seriously.

If anything, I find your idea to be borderline psychopathic, to suggest that he needs to stay in what is essentially solitary confinement, in order to protect people from mostly harmless autistic tard-rages

Besides, I think that he has learned something. He has learned, according to Marvin anyway, that he can't win against the cops. He has learned (in his mind), that there will be consequences if he disobeys his mother. The problem here is, imho, that he just doesn't have adequate ability to introspect in order to truly realize WHY and HOW he does all of this shit to himself.

Chris needs to be conditioned to act like a semi-normal person. And that can't happen with Barb keeping him on a leash. I say let him go, and if he gets in trouble, then he might finally get at least some amount of the actual help he needed in the last greater than 10 years.
 

Coldgrip

Agreed upon laws of the wild
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
gumbarrel said:
If anything, I find your idea to be borderline psychopathic, to suggest that he needs to stay in what is essentially solitary confinement, in order to protect people from mostly harmless autistic tard-rages
Like the time he hit Snyder or when he nearly backed over a Wal-Mart manager. And I think that illustrates just why Chris should stay inside, he's a dangerous driver. Sure, on foot Chris is a harmless retard, but behind the wheel he's shown he's a danger to both person and property. Remember when he got into an accident because "My mind got distracted by being its own calculator"? The just recent Smoker-Gal incident?

Behind the wheel Chris has shown to be a danger. So he can fester with his mother in the hoard, the rest of Ruckersville will be safer for it.

gumbarrel said:
Besides, I think that he has learned something. He has learned, according to Marvin anyway, that he can't win against the cops.
It took him being charged with a class 5 Felony to finally get it through his skull that he can't win. All the bans, warnings and close calls did nothing to instill in him a respect for authority.

gumbarrel said:
He has learned (in his mind), that there will be consequences if he disobeys his mother. The problem here is, imho, that he just doesn't have adequate ability to introspect in order to truly realize WHY and HOW he does all of this shit to himself.
Chris has shown on a few occasions to be capable of introspection. But he'd rather blame somebody else for his problems then risk damaging his ego by realizing he might not be perfect.

gumbarrel said:
Chris needs to be conditioned to act like a semi-normal person. And that can't happen with Barb keeping him on a leash. I say let him go, and if he gets in trouble...
It's not a matter of if he gets in trouble, but when.

gumbarrel said:
...then he might finally get at least some amount of the actual help he needed in the last greater than 10 years.
Right, Chris just needs second third fith eigth Nth chance to get help and improve himself.
Chris has had enough time and opportunities to get his act together and seek help. But he won't. He believes he's a perfect being that can do no wrong and to seek help might just dispel that illusion. Or worse yet, it might make him realize that his autism doesn't make him a superhuman and that he just might be closer to being a window-to-hell then then he realizes.
 

LordCustos3

Guvking Stalbjer
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
There are two goals here that you need to consider.

A) Do you want Chris to be Happy?
and
B) Do you want more content?

To make him happier, let him go free and raise all the hell he likes; this also leads to more content....up until he does something so egregious that he gets arrested and then ALL the content stops for a few years.
I see no reason to keep him cooped up in The Snorlax Maximum Security Penitentiary for Wayward Tomgirls. It does him no good, and it does us no good. Let him generate his last fapcup full of content before he gets taken away and Ludovico Treatmented into conformity by the forces of the Green County Conspiracy.

Also, this is a petty, side issue....but it is really starting to stick in my craw, people.

Hoard: Piles of trash clogging every room of Chez Chandler.
Horde: Slavering rabble of axe-weilding barbarians.

A Hoard has a thin film of mildew underneath the thick layer of dust.
A Horde has a thin film of dried blood all over its thick armor.

A Hoard is made of water damaged National Geographics from the 80s.
A Horde is made of angry goblinoids.

A Hoard One is defended by a crotchety old Snorlax.
A Horde The other is augmented by an Orc Shaman.

Learn the difference.
Your safety, and the safety of the whole realm, depends on it.
 

SodomyRocket

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Aug 13, 2013
Coldgrip said:
gumbarrel said:
If anything, I find your idea to be borderline psychopathic, to suggest that he needs to stay in what is essentially solitary confinement, in order to protect people from mostly harmless autistic tard-rages
Like the time he hit Snyder or when he nearly backed over a Wal-Mart manager. And I think that illustrates just why Chris should stay inside, he's a dangerous driver. Sure, on foot Chris is a harmless exceptional individual, but behind the wheel he's shown he's a danger to both person and property. Remember when he got into an accident because "My mind got distracted by being its own calculator"? The just recent Smoker-Gal incident?

Behind the wheel Chris has shown to be a danger. So he can fester with his mother in the horde, the rest of Ruckersville will be safer for it.

The idea of Chris having a gun scares people and rightfully so. What people don't realize is Chris is way more dangerous with a car. I like his shenanigans as much as anybody here but not if the cost is going to be peoples lives or well being.
 

Poison_Ivy

Queen of the Couch-Fort
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Sep 17, 2013
With all of the problems he's caused in the past, I hope he gets out of the house and does something productive. It's entertaining/depressing to watch him embarrass himself time and time again, but he needs help. He needs a good friend and support system to maybe get himself on a healthy path to having a decent life.
 

Grand Number of Pounds

Sonichu fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Yes, Chris needs a social life and needs to get away from Barb from time to time. He might even make a few friends. Being stuck at home would make anyone nuts.

No, he doesn't need to drive. I agree with Coldgrip that Chris is a danger behind the wheel. He can carpool or take another form of transportation. He may get banned from some places and cause some minor problems, but without a car, Chris really can't cause too much harm. The worst thing that would happen would be him getting arrested for trespassing, which we already know the court doesn't care to punish him for.

Chris will never get better, the best we can hope for is Future Message Chris, a goofy happy-go-lucky guy. He needs someone to supervise him and be a caretaker, although Chris will never allow it and no one can force him to have one at the present time.
 

Globe

baby you look great today
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
gumbarrel said:
Most of the things he actually does to annoy people are pretty mild. Loitering and smelling really bad aren't exactly anything that most people take too seriously.
I agree, which is why I mentioned what he's doing now. Chris' antics in public have graduated from loitering and abusing free drink refill policies to ruining a retailer's merchandise for absolutely no reason. He's doing shit that anybody with even the most rudimentary sense of decency, empathy and respect for another's property should know not to do. Even if you don't think it's a big deal, the fact that he did it, was willing to cause a scene the way he did and, ultimately, was completely unrepentant about it sets a bad precedent, don't you think?

gumbarrel said:
If anything, I find your idea to be borderline psychopathic, to suggest that he needs to stay in what is essentially solitary confinement, in order to protect people from mostly harmless autistic tard-rages
He winds up in "solitary confinement" whether he's allowed out of the house more often or not, and it's entirely because he can't socialize or interact worth dick. When he does go out, he takes absolutely no initiative to speak to anyone. Like every other goal he has, he doesn't pursue it, he just sits on his ass and waits for someone to bring it to him and when met with the suggestion that he change his routine and try to be a bit more outgoing, he rejects it and makes excuses ("I'm too shy", etc.) Even if he gets past that obstacle, his piss-poor character pretty much guarantees that he'll never be able to enjoy any friendship he makes for very long before he does something to fuck it up. It's Christian we're talking about, he drives just about everyone that isn't obligated to him out of his life. It's been over ten years since he graduated high school and got out into the real world, and he's only managed to make one friendship stretch (and to most, calling the relationship he has with Anna a "friendship" is pretty fucking laughable). Why do you think that is?

gumbarrel said:
Besides, I think that he has learned something. He has learned, according to Marvin anyway, that he can't win against the cops.
He knows that he can't win against any sort of authority, be it cops or just mall security, which is why he tries to run away every time his antics start to turn into a confrontation. That was going on long before the GamePlace incident. He hasn't learned jack.

gumbarrel said:
Chris needs to be conditioned to act like a semi-normal person. And that can't happen with Barb keeping him on a leash. I say let him go, and if he gets in trouble, then he might finally get at least some amount of the actual help he needed in the last greater than 10 years.
...Or it could just further cement his crazy, paranoid delusions that the world is discriminating against him because of his autism, which has pretty much been how he's interpreted repercussions every other time they've happened to him. Why do you think the next time would be any different, even if it involved incarceration?

Smutley said:
This will come off as incredibly callous, but I'd like Chris to have more autonomy so he can do as much harm to the world as possible. I know things aren't going to change because of one caustic exceptional individual and his grudge against everyone, but the more people who are mentally ill that cause destruction or death are more people that can't be ignored when it comes to meaningful reform for the mentally ill.

Chris isn't going to shoot up a school, I know that. He's not going to attack a navy base or the marines. He won't attack gays on the street except to maybe mutter "fag" under his breath. But he might run his car into a building trying to escape the mallcops, or throw a sign through a plate glass window. He could potentially run Snyder over as he leaves the store one night and kill him, or kill the kid in the passenger seat of the car he T-bones because he was raging about being banned again instead of concentrating on the road.

And when something like that happens - when he causes tens of thousands in damage, or ends someones life, everyone will be forced into having another difficult conversation of, "Why was this person given all these chances and all this leniency and not ever forcibly medicated and put under supervision despite years of building warning signs".

It won't change things immediately, but he'd finally be of some use, even if it is incredibly minuscule.

That is indeed a horribly callous thing to think, but I get the point you're driving at. The only problem is that an accident is pretty much the only scenario where one of Chris' antics could conceivably end in tragedy, and if/when that happens, it'll be a total crapshoot whether or not anyone would examine the whole thing critically because it was, after all, an accident.
 
Q

QI 541

Guest
kiwifarms.net
Globe said:
That is indeed a horribly callous thing to think, but I get the point you're driving at. The only problem is that an accident is pretty much the only scenario where one of Chris' antics could conceivably end in tragedy, and if/when that happens, it'll be a total crapshoot whether or not anyone would examine the whole thing critically because it was, after all, an accident.

The difference that will make is that Chris will be charged with manslaughter instead of murder.
 

Holdek

Down to where? All that is down is only the floor.
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Smutley said:
Globe said:
So, the question is this; even if you think Barb's "hoarding" of Chris is fucked up and psychologically damaging, how would you prefer he live while she's still kicking? Do you want Chris to be locked up all day with Barb, utterly miserable but at least out of trouble with the law, or would you prefer he be allowed to leave the house more frequently, where he's more likely to be a public nuisance, making other people's lives worse off?

This will come off as incredibly callous, but I'd like Chris to have more autonomy so he can do as much harm to the world as possible. I know things aren't going to change because of one caustic exceptional individual and his grudge against everyone, but the more people who are mentally ill that cause destruction or death are more people that can't be ignored when it comes to meaningful reform for the mentally ill.

Chris isn't going to shoot up a school, I know that. He's not going to attack a navy base or the marines. He won't attack gays on the street except to maybe mutter "fag" under his breath. But he might run his car into a building trying to escape the mallcops, or throw a sign through a plate glass window. He could potentially run Snyder over as he leaves the store one night and kill him, or kill the kid in the passenger seat of the car he T-bones because he was raging about being banned again instead of concentrating on the road.

And when something like that happens - when he causes tens of thousands in damage, or ends someones life, everyone will be forced into having another difficult conversation of, "Why was this person given all these chances and all this leniency and not ever forcibly medicated and put under supervision despite years of building warning signs".

It won't change things immediately, but he'd finally be of some use, even if it is incredibly minuscule.

Not worth an innocent person dying IMO.

gumbarrel said:
Globe said:
He's gone from loitering and holding up signs to defacing private property simply because he's in a "bad mood". Not that I think he'd ever deliberately harm someone, but that's borderline sociopath shit.

Most of the things he actually does to annoy people are pretty mild. Loitering and smelling really bad aren't exactly anything that most people take too seriously.

If anything, I find your idea to be borderline psychopathic, to suggest that he needs to stay in what is essentially solitary confinement, in order to protect people from mostly harmless autistic tard-rages

Besides, I think that he has learned something. He has learned, according to Marvin anyway, that he can't win against the cops. He has learned (in his mind), that there will be consequences if he disobeys his mother. The problem here is, imho, that he just doesn't have adequate ability to introspect in order to truly realize WHY and HOW he does all of this shit to himself.

Chris needs to be conditioned to act like a semi-normal person. And that can't happen with Barb keeping him on a leash. I say let him go, and if he gets in trouble, then he might finally get at least some amount of the actual help he needed in the last greater than 10 years.

It's "borderline psychopathic" to put Chris' desire to roam free above the safety of other people and their property.
 

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
I think before Chris is given more autonomy, someone needs to get through to him why such behaviors are inappropriate. Either that or he should have someone around to monitor his behavior and to stop him from pulling shit/talk to authorities when he does pull shit. Dude may be classified as high functioning but because of Borb I would forgive the uninitiated for believing otherwise.
 

3Yikes

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Holdek said:
Smutley said:
Globe said:
So, the question is this; even if you think Barb's "hoarding" of Chris is fucked up and psychologically damaging, how would you prefer he live while she's still kicking? Do you want Chris to be locked up all day with Barb, utterly miserable but at least out of trouble with the law, or would you prefer he be allowed to leave the house more frequently, where he's more likely to be a public nuisance, making other people's lives worse off?

This will come off as incredibly callous, but I'd like Chris to have more autonomy so he can do as much harm to the world as possible. I know things aren't going to change because of one caustic exceptional individual and his grudge against everyone, but the more people who are mentally ill that cause destruction or death are more people that can't be ignored when it comes to meaningful reform for the mentally ill.

Chris isn't going to shoot up a school, I know that. He's not going to attack a navy base or the marines. He won't attack gays on the street except to maybe mutter "fag" under his breath. But he might run his car into a building trying to escape the mallcops, or throw a sign through a plate glass window. He could potentially run Snyder over as he leaves the store one night and kill him, or kill the kid in the passenger seat of the car he T-bones because he was raging about being banned again instead of concentrating on the road.

And when something like that happens - when he causes tens of thousands in damage, or ends someones life, everyone will be forced into having another difficult conversation of, "Why was this person given all these chances and all this leniency and not ever forcibly medicated and put under supervision despite years of building warning signs".

It won't change things immediately, but he'd finally be of some use, even if it is incredibly minuscule.

Not worth an innocent person dying IMO.

gumbarrel said:
Globe said:
He's gone from loitering and holding up signs to defacing private property simply because he's in a "bad mood". Not that I think he'd ever deliberately harm someone, but that's borderline sociopath shit.

Most of the things he actually does to annoy people are pretty mild. Loitering and smelling really bad aren't exactly anything that most people take too seriously.

If anything, I find your idea to be borderline psychopathic, to suggest that he needs to stay in what is essentially solitary confinement, in order to protect people from mostly harmless autistic tard-rages

Besides, I think that he has learned something. He has learned, according to Marvin anyway, that he can't win against the cops. He has learned (in his mind), that there will be consequences if he disobeys his mother. The problem here is, imho, that he just doesn't have adequate ability to introspect in order to truly realize WHY and HOW he does all of this shit to himself.

Chris needs to be conditioned to act like a semi-normal person. And that can't happen with Barb keeping him on a leash. I say let him go, and if he gets in trouble, then he might finally get at least some amount of the actual help he needed in the last greater than 10 years.

It's "borderline psychopathic" to put Chris' desire to roam free above the safety of other people and their property.

Hi A-LOG!

Or it could just further cement his crazy, paranoid delusions that the world is discriminating against him because of his autism, which has pretty much been how he's interpreted repercussions every other time they've happened to him. Why do you think the next time would be any different, even if it involved incarceration?

Because then he might actually get a real authority figure to get some sense in to him. If he can get in to a position, where he won't get the support of all the enablers, i think that he can actually change with supervision.

And it's not like your alternative would actually be any better. Barb won't live forever and with her as (eventually) the only emotional support he will have, he won't get better. You will then have to deal with a 40 year old Chris who is now even more cynical and psychopathic than ever and with nothing to lose.

Discarding the possibility of someone getting off their ass and trying to actively help Chris, his only other chance is being able to get out and least keeping himself in a semi-sane state.

At the end of the day, I just don't see Chris ever committing anything serious. His recent fuck-ups are actually pretty mild, compared to the things I've seen far more sane people do. Call me hopelessly optimistic.
 

bradsternum

Won't Call Anyone
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Chris needs some lessons in being a human before he should go roaming free, or else he's going to end up in prison due to some silly misunderstanding.
 

Holdek

Down to where? All that is down is only the floor.
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
gumbarrel said:
Holdek said:
gumbarrel said:
Most of the things he actually does to annoy people are pretty mild. Loitering and smelling really bad aren't exactly anything that most people take too seriously.

If anything, I find your idea to be borderline psychopathic, to suggest that he needs to stay in what is essentially solitary confinement, in order to protect people from mostly harmless autistic tard-rages

Besides, I think that he has learned something. He has learned, according to Marvin anyway, that he can't win against the cops. He has learned (in his mind), that there will be consequences if he disobeys his mother. The problem here is, imho, that he just doesn't have adequate ability to introspect in order to truly realize WHY and HOW he does all of this shit to himself.

Chris needs to be conditioned to act like a semi-normal person. And that can't happen with Barb keeping him on a leash. I say let him go, and if he gets in trouble, then he might finally get at least some amount of the actual help he needed in the last greater than 10 years.

It's "borderline psychopathic" to put Chris' desire to roam free above the safety of other people and their property.

Hi A-LOG!

:|
 

Hasharin

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 10, 2013
One day he will dig Bob's gun up from the hoard and to go the mall, and you'll see what Holdek was trying to say :epik: :julay:
 

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 9, 2013
gumbarrel said:
At the end of the day, I just don't see Chris ever committing anything serious. His recent fuck-ups are actually pretty mild, compared to the things I've seen far more sane people do. Call me hopelessly optimistic.
Yeah, pretty much this. The things he's done on foot aren't really that serious. At most, he'll just get himself kicked out of places. And in his car, he's had accidents, but so does everyone else. If Chris started having car accidents consistently, then there'd be a reason to be concerned.

Hasharin said:
One day he will dig Bob's gun up from the hoard and to go the mall, and you'll see what Holdek was trying to say :epik: :julay:
The myth of Bob's gun is the most annoying rumor involving Chris, I gotta say. :tomgirl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.