Historical images - Images that made history

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
I found these pics while looking at a list of celebs who lived passed 100.

Bob Hope
1621176660077.png

Olympic athlete turned actor, Bruce Bennett.
1621176801625.png

Fay McKenzie who had been in films since she was 10 months.
1621176924629.png

Julie Gibson
1621176963627.png

Grandma Moses
1621177017682.png

More AWS-8Q Than You

kiwifarms.net
I love this zoomed out picture because it really shows the sheer balls this guy had. He's an ant compared to the sheer force he's standing against, and by all rights they shouldn't have stopped. But they did. He even started messing with them, continually blocking their path and even climbing on top of one.

He was very likely executed after this, but it's certainly a hell of a way to go.
I've heard, and take this with a grain of salt since it can't really be confirmed, that the underground church managed to make the guy disappear into their network and keep the Chi Coms from getting to him. Again, can't confirm, but part of me hopes it's true.

Gunga Dan

kiwifarms.net
Ever wondered how MGM shot their iconic opening credits? Based on this historical photo, the method was fairly simple. All they did was take Leon the Lion, put him in the actual studios and record him roaring at the camera. Apparently, it only took one take back in 1928. It’s surprising that Leo didn’t get up and kill anyone. It was certainly much easier when they just used a lion as a logo. At the end of the day, a small risk can go a long way.

These Are Not Edited Never-Before-Seen Historical Photos — 5162021 54239 PM.jpg

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ever wondered how MGM shot their iconic opening credits? Based on this historical photo, the method was fairly simple. All they did was take Leon the Lion, put him in the actual studios and record him roaring at the camera. Apparently, it only took one take back in 1928. It’s surprising that Leo didn’t get up and kill anyone. It was certainly much easier when they just used a lion as a logo. At the end of the day, a small risk can go a long way.

View attachment 2176250
Yep, and I bet they didn't have animal rights folks breathing down their backs!

shameful existence

32°C
kiwifarms.net
The 1922 discovery of the intact tomb of Tutankhamun by a team under the lead of an English archaeologist Howard Carter.
At first I could see nothing, the hot air escaping from the chamber causing the candle flame to flicker, but presently, as my eyes grew accustomed to the light, details of the room within emerged slowly from the mist, strange animals, statues, and gold—everywhere the glint of gold. For the moment I was struck dumb with amazement, and when Lord Carnarvon [sponsor of the expedition], unable to stand the suspense any longer, inquired anxiously, “Can you see anything?” it was all I could do to get out the words, “Yes, wonderful things!"

rope.jpg

A seal on the tomb, unbroken for over 3000 years.
guards.jpg

The first room of the chamber. Must have been quite an experience to physically remove the guards.

chariots.jpg

Among other things, it contained four chariots.

burial chamber.jpg

The burial chamber.

innermost shrine.jpg

Entering the innermost shrine.

opening.jpg

Carter opening the middle coffin.
golden mask.jpg

Golden mask, with a mummy inside.

Last edited:

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
A man advertises himself during the Great Depression.
1621383788781.png

Man predicts cellphones in 1953.
1621383953507.png

The Eagle. Blackfoot tribe at Glacier National Park in 1913.
1621384012276.png

All ten of the Lusenko brothers fought and survived WW2 and reunited in 1982.
1621384184277.png

Meet the inspiration for the Joker, Conrad Veidt from The Man who Laughs.
1621384276855.png

A beach photo of Anne Frank and her sister.
1621384482974.png

1621384668887.png