Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1621770582035.png

Schizo post - 1955

soy_king

I am the Prom King, I seethe at everything
kiwifarms.net
The woman in the lower right has a face that says she enjoyed every fucking minute.

The one second row up on the left looks like she's regretful the war is over.

Talk about stone cold killers.
Having gone through the horrors of a war where the other side thought you and your loved ones were subhuman filth and treated you accordingly, the element of revenge and bloodlust was strong.

Gunga Dan

kiwifarms.net

Marilyn Can Fix It

Long before her days in hit movies such as Some Like It Hot, Marilyn Monroe was doing something very different with her life – fixing drones for the U.S. Military. Known by her birth name Norma Jeane Dougherty at the time, she worked at a factory in Van Nuys. It turns out that the man who took this photo, David Conover, is considered to be the person who was responsible for discovering Monroe in the first place. The rest was truly “historical.”

These Are Not Edited N21 14642 PM.jpg

shameful existence

and their conscience will not let them forget
kiwifarms.net
In 1915, Albert Einstein published his general theory of relativity. It suggested that gravity of massive bodies is essentially a distortion of spacetime. He also came up with a way to put this idea to a test - observe the light of distant stars passing close to the Sun. Its gravitational field should bend it and they should look slightly out of place. The opportunity for such an observation was a solar eclipse, when the brightness of the Sun would be temporarily blocked, making distant stars visible.

There were several attempts to perform the experiment. The most famous one took place after the end of WW1, when a British astronomer Arthur Eddington travelled to an African island of Principe to observe the solar eclipse of 29th May 1919. The expedition faced difficulties due to both remoteness of the island and a bad weather. They "had to work under mosquito nets and chase off monkeys which continually tried to steal bits of their equipment."
We began to get a glimpse of the sun. We had to carry out our photographs in faith. I did not see the eclipse, being too busy changing plates, except for one glance to make sure that it had begun and another half-way through to see how much cloud there was. We took sixteen photographs. They are all good of the sun, showing a very remarkable prominence; but the cloud has interfered with the star images. The last few photographs show a few images which I hope will give us what we need...
Eddington was so anxious about the result that he attempted to measure the stars' position right then and there. His result confirmed Einstein's prediction.
This is one of the original photographic plates, which killed (or "refined" I guess) the easy to understand Newtonian universe. The position of stars (they were observing the Hyades) is marked. There is a HD version of another photograph on Wikipedia, very clear after modern processing link.
1919_eclipse_positive.jpg

instruments.png

Instruments used in Brazil

einstein eddington.jpg

Eddington with Einstein
There was also a parallel expedition to observe the eclipse in Brazil, which was already mentioned in this post.
Eddington's efforts were captured in a 2008 TV film Eddington and Einstein IMDB which I didn't like all that much and a 2019 book No Shadow of a Doubt Goodreads which I heard was good.

For the remaining skeptics in the scientific community, this experiment was repeated in September 1922 in Western Australia, by an expedition under the lead of an American astronomer W. W. Campbell. To quote from the summary of his paper:
Einstein's law that the light deflections are inversely proportional to the angular distance from the Sun's center represents the observation best. With this law the combined observations of the two instruments furnish a value of 1'~75 ± '~O9 for the deflection at the Sun's limb which agrees exactly with Einstein's prediction.
This is the one 1922 photo I was able to find. Can't really see the stars in it, but I suppose they could.
obs.jpg

campbell.jpg

W. W. Campbell

campbells wife oerating the floyd camera.jpg

Campbell's wife operating one of the cameras

Last edited:

LurkNoMore

kiwifarms.net

Marilyn Can Fix It

Long before her days in hit movies such as Some Like It Hot, Marilyn Monroe was doing something very different with her life – fixing drones for the U.S. Military. Known by her birth name Norma Jeane Dougherty at the time, she worked at a factory in Van Nuys. It turns out that the man who took this photo, David Conover, is considered to be the person who was responsible for discovering Monroe in the first place. The rest was truly “historical.”

View attachment 2203916
She looks better like this then what they turned her into.

Exterminatus

I am His final judgment
kiwifarms.net
Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1984-055-14,_Schlachtschiff_Bismarck,_nach_Seegefecht.jpg

KMS Bismarck, the pride of the Kriegsmarine, photo was taken aboard the Prinz Eugen. This photo in particular was taken shortly before the Bismarck and Eugen would have their fateful encounter with the HMS Hood and HMS Prince of Wales at the Battle of the Denmark Strait.

467px-HOOD023.jpg

This is the last known photo of HMS Hood taken from the deck of the Prince of Wales before her fate was sealed by a salvo fired from Bismarck, one shell from Bismarck is believed to have penetrated Hood's armor and detonated some of her ammunition which obliterated the ship. There were a little over 1400 men aboard HMS Hood, only 3 survived.

The Hood was the pride of the Royal Navy and upon her sinking when news reached Prime Minister Churchill he curtly replied "Sink the Bismarck" and so began the chase by almost the entirety of the Royal Navy for Eugen and Bismarck.

800px-Rodney_firing_on_Bismarck.png

HMS Rodney opens fire on the wounded, immobile Bismarck with Bismarck returning fire to no avail. Rodney would also fire her torpedoes at Bismarck and become the only battleship to score a torpedo strike on another battleship.

Being named Bismarck though, this ship built of iron and blood, it would not go down easily. It took an incredible amount of heavy fire from several Royal Navy vessels to finally bring the Iron Chancellor down.

With her turrets dead and deck heavily damaged one of the surviving senior officers ordered the remaining crew to prepare charges to scuttle the battleship and so it was after suffering insurmountable fire the ship sank beneath the waves.

HMS Dorsetshire, a cruiser among the ships that trailed Bismarck and fired upon the vessel, rescued many survivors of the fallen battleship as can be seen in the photo below.

HMS_Dorsetshire_Bismarck_survivors.jpg

On Bismarck were 2,200 men, after the chase and battle were concluded only 115 survived.

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2210919

KMS Bismarck, the pride of the Kriegsmarine, photo was taken aboard the Prinz Eugen. This photo in particular was taken shortly before the Bismarck and Eugen would have their fateful encounter with the HMS Hood and HMS Prince of Wales at the Battle of the Denmark Strait.

View attachment 2210928

This is the last known photo of HMS Hood taken from the deck of the Prince of Wales before her fate was sealed by a salvo fired from Bismarck, one shell from Bismarck is believed to have penetrated Hood's armor and detonated some of her ammunition which obliterated the ship. There were a little over 1400 men aboard HMS Hood, only 3 survived.

The Hood was the pride of the Royal Navy and upon her sinking when news reached Prime Minister Churchill he curtly replied "Sink the Bismarck" and so began the chase by almost the entirety of the Royal Navy for Eugen and Bismarck.

View attachment 2210947

HMS Rodney opens fire on the wounded, immobile Bismarck with Bismarck returning fire to no avail. Rodney would also fire her torpedoes at Bismarck and become the only battleship to score a torpedo strike on another battleship.

Being named Bismarck though, this ship built of iron and blood, it would not go down easily. It took an incredible amount of heavy fire from several Royal Navy vessels to finally bring the Iron Chancellor down.

With her turrets dead and deck heavily damaged one of the surviving senior officers ordered the remaining crew to prepare charges to scuttle the battleship and so it was after suffering insurmountable fire the ship sank beneath the waves.

HMS Dorsetshire, a cruiser among the ships that trailed Bismarck and fired upon the vessel, rescued many survivors of the fallen battleship as can be seen in the photo below.

View attachment 2210969

On Bismarck were 2,200 men, after the chase and battle were concluded only 115 survived.
HMS Dorsetshire could have saved more but they were worried/suspected that u-boats were starting to come their way and had to stop rescue efforts.

Here is a video on KMS Bismarck
And one on the HMS Hood

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
A young German woman, beaten and raped, filmed by an allied soldier in May 1945 near Pilsen, Czechoslovakia, when trying to cross the demarcation line to escape the Red Army. There's a lot of speculation online about her identity (still unresolved, as far as I know), status (most people seem to think, based mostly on her trousers, she was some sort of uniformed personnel), or her life after the war. Due to her loose hair and clothing, she looks very contemporary - which is what I think made her stand out from all the post-war footage.
View attachment 2139844
View attachment 2139845
Where did you get that information? I saw her clip in what is a very surreal piece of war footage.

I had assumed she was czech and maybe was in love with a german army soldier and was wearing her dead lovers pants and holding a deck of his playing cards. And got an eye jammy for loving the enemy.

The video description describes her as:
"A woman described in the shot sheet as an "SS girl" walks down the road. She has been beaten and one eye is swollen shut. Several shots of her as she walks toward the camera. She clasps her hands (she appears to be holding a deck of playing cards) and looks down. The camera pans down her body."

She first appears at 17:27

shameful existence

and their conscience will not let them forget
kiwifarms.net
Where did you get that information? I saw her clip in what is a very surreal piece of war footage.
I had assumed she was czech and maybe was in love with a german army soldier and was wearing her dead lovers pants and holding a deck of his playing cards. And got an eye jammy for loving the enemy.
It is all speculation, but she's unlikely to be Czech. Probably an Austrian/German woman. There are even some names discussed in the gigantic thread on the Axis History Forum that is still active after 13 years.

Gunga Dan

kiwifarms.net

Houdini In Chains​

When you think of magic and illusions, it’s extremely likely that one of the first names to come to mind is Harry Houdini. The Austro-Hungarian was well renowned for his numerous escape acts and his ability to do the seemingly impossible. With time, his escape acts became more and more extreme, including ropes, buildings, and holding his breath to his repertoire. At one point, Houdini’s trademark act revolved around locking himself in chains. He even buried himself alive.

These Are Not Edited Never-Before-Seen Hi2021 53652 PM.jpg