Historical Revisionists

Aural Offramp

four glorious pixels of cock
kiwifarms.net
from blog writingwithcolor:

or maybe people don't know the ancient egyptians were black because they left pictures of what they looked like ffs.
I know this is a little late but I figured I would add it anyway:
So a couple of years ago I was in the process of finishing up my degree. While picking papers I found that I needed one more random paper so on a whim I picked a 100 level Egyptology paper. Taking one basic paper in something surely doesn't make a person an expert but When the whole tumblr "ancient Egyptians were black" thing popped up I was completely baffled. The Egyptians had frequent boarder disagreements with Nubia and invaded the Nubians several times all the while doing what the Egyptians always did: recording stuff. They both wrote about the Nubians and drew them as black compared to themselves, not only that they depicted Assyrians as being closer in colour to themselves so they pretty clearly told us that they had tanned skin, and a fairly expected range of facial features for a group in that locality.

Also I once saw a tumblrite claim that Egyptians must be black because of the afro style hair that they wore... accept anyone who has bothered to do any reading will tell you that lots of wealthy Egyptians shaved their heads and wore wigs made of Nubian hair. Sure they had kinky hair: it just wasn't their own in many cases.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So you know how lazy assholes who want famous black people so bad they'll turn people black just because? All while ignoring awesome historical figures like Mansa Musa, Shaka Zulu, Jugurtha, and the Nubian Dynasties of Egypt? Particularly the dumb fucks that try to paint the Ancient Egyptians as black, even though they were about the same complexion as most of North Africa? Welp, they ain't the only people they try to do this to. They also try to do this with the Punic peoples, particularly Hannibal Barca. Even though... you know, they hailed from Phoenicia originally. Particularly around Lebanon. But hey, that's because clearly the lands of Caanan were OG black too!

For examples of this shoe eating idiocy, sift through the comments here:

And here's some pretty bad examples of such idiocy.

Fuck looking up Mali said:
French Men, firstly learn the difference between language in somatikos. Somatic characters have nothing to do with language which can be imposed on people over generations. Secondly Canaanites were always black, just ask any Jewish Rabbi and he will tell you they were black. Berber is nothing but a language family, has nothing to do with physical appearance. You would be considered berber if you spoke he language. It has nothing to do with race. My profile picture is a pottery fragment discovered in Israel with the face of Canaanite on it. Stick to studying Napoleon.

Secondly, Canaanites are still Ethiopia to this day. If you're going to make a comment be factual.
The Agaw Ethiopia are said to be the descendants of Canaan.
Genealogy tree Canaan
Adwari(Advarite)
Yaner & Entala
Adyraki

Fuck researching Kart-Hadast's Culture said:
1. His father was a descendant of Phoenician settlers. There is NO evidence or documents telling who is mother is.

2. My Mother is descended from British Settlers going back to the 1650's. Over the course of history that blood becomes diluted. For all we know his father is mixed with Sub Saharan African, Semetic, and Italian stock. That isn't even taking into account who is mother was.

3. There is only a handful of images during the time period that illustrates what he looks like. This is coinage from one of the settlements during his conquest. It shows him to look like he is from Sub Saharan stock. Wide nose, thick lips, and kinky curly hair. It even shows him having hoop earrings which were common in Sub Saharan culture.

4. Carthage was much like Egypt at the time. A melting pot of cultures with people from Around the Mediterranean and from deep Africa. My point is it isn't as simple as saying " He is from Carthage so he MUST be Semetic." My guess, especially based on his coinage illustration, he was of mixed ethnicity. No doubt he probably had Semetic blood in him, but he probably had Sub Saharan roots as well.

Helvetica Scenario

Helvetica is a very, very rare occurrence.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Back when I used Tumblr I was mostly in it for war photos because blah blah special interest something something powerlevel. One of the pictures I reblogged was of a mother grieving over a child who had been killed by a bombing raid. Someone then reblogged it from me and felt the need to add the caption 'my feels'.

I think that just about says it all regarding the tumblrina understanding of history.

Last edited:

Operator Kyoko Sakura

Magical Operator Operating Operationally
kiwifarms.net
The worst type of historical revisionists to me are the alt-right ones that try to claim that The holocaust didn't happen and that the internment camps "where for the safety of Jews" and that only a few thousand Jews died because of allied bombing raids, then say the true victims are the Germans and Nazis.

Then the icing on the cake of historical revisionists, the Afro-Centrist ones that claim everything that white people did was stolen from them, such as for example, trying to claim that Europeans didn't bathe and that African slaves and moors taught them to bathe, or other bullshit.

They're annoying and have one thing in common with neo-nazis, they both have an evil boogeyman. For the Afro-Centrist revisionists, it's the whites, for the neo-nazis, it's the Jews.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
The worst type of historical revisionists to me are the alt-right ones that try to claim that The holocaust didn't happen and that the internment camps "where for the safety of Jews" and that only a few thousand Jews died because of allied bombing raids, then say the true victims are the Germans and Nazis.

Then the icing on the cake of historical revisionists, the Afro-Centrist ones that claim everything that white people did was stolen from them, such as for example, trying to claim that Europeans didn't bathe and that African slaves and moors taught them to bathe, or other bullshit.

They're annoying and have one thing in common with neo-nazis, they both have an evil boogeyman. For the Afro-Centrist revisionists, it's the whites, for the neo-nazis, it's the Jews.
Two sides of the same coin, really.

ChameleonBody

whatever
kiwifarms.net

That's one of my big pet peeve historical misconceptions, just because there's so much easily-found visual material to disprove it. I sort of understand where the idea came from because it may be true that there was a lot of sewage and bodily waste on the street in those times, but from the Romans to the medieval era baths and bathhouses were a common social arena.

RomanBathhouse2.jpg

MIMI_MMW_10A11_069V_MIN_1.jpg

While from a slightly later period, a detail from the famous Arnolfini portrait shows a kind of wooden footwear that protected shoes from crap on the ground. That's how prissy they were!
0W9qJlZ.jpg

[/powerlevel]

K>C

kiwifarms.net
The thing is with the Nation of Islam is that Orthodox Muslims hate them for being heretics like believing Elijah Muhammed is a Prophet and their founder W.D. Fard is God made flesh. No wonder why they don't get traction outside the Anglosphere.

Last edited:

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
From what I understand, if one wants to make a pilgrimage to Mecca, a reccomendation from the NOI is not considered legit, correct? (I believe you have to get a letter from your mosque, no?)

It's late and I'm going to bed soon, so I'll add more later, but historical revisionism is one of my favorite topics. Anyone ever heard of this guy?

KingGeedorah

The Monster From Planet X
kiwifarms.net
The thing is with the Nation of Islam is that Orthodox Muslims hate them for being heretics like believing Elijah Muhammed is a Prophet and their founder W.D. Fard is God made flesh. No wonder why they don't get traction outside the Anglosphere.
Push wannabes. If they really about they Islam game, they would follow Clarence 13x and the 5 percenter movement.

K>C

kiwifarms.net
From what I understand, if one wants to make a pilgrimage to Mecca, a reccomendation from the NOI is not considered legit, correct? (I believe you have to get a letter from your mosque, no?)

It's late and I'm going to bed soon, so I'll add more later, but historical revisionism is one of my favorite topics. Anyone ever heard of this guy?

Well, no because what Saudi Arabia says that all you really need is the Shahada to go to Mecca, The NOI is trying to make itself seem more orthodox by advising its members to follow the Sunnah.

Pumpkin

kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised no one has mentioned GodGazi - unless you have and I've missed it, only skimmed this thread - he's a Black dude obsessed with Africa, acts like an expert on it (despite never setting foot anywhere near Africa).
Also thinks everything ever was invented and stolen from Black people.

tumblr_nqc739c9yV1tc6kdzo2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqc739c9yV1tc6kdzo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nkx5ftZvXn1u18pnxo1_1280.jpg

And this

This isn't even the tip of the iceberg, I haven't even touched on his many many videos.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My favorite concept he thinks the Arabs stole from Songhai (Mali's days were passed at this point if I remember right) was Algebra, considering that the name itself gives you a clue on where it came from. It literally came from الجبر, in our alphabet al-jabr, meaning "restoration" or "union of parts". It also existed as an idea since the 9th century when the ideas were codified in Baghdad in the book The Compendious Book on Calculation by Completion and Balancing, and spread to Europe like 4 centuries before his idea for a date as Liber Algebræ et Almucabola.

Pumpkin

kiwifarms.net
Oh turst me - people constantly point out to him how he's wrong and give him links and such.
His response is always "YALL ARE BRAINWASHED! History has been re-wrote you just don't get it it's all lies everything was stolen from AFRAKANS!!! -gives linked to biased Afro-revisionist site-"
He really really has no idea of anything he preaches. I mean he thinks parts of Africa are less homophobic than America....
Like I'm all about re-connecting to your roots, be proud, be interested in Africa. I just want to know how he go to the point where he thinks Africa and Black people are the apex of humanity.

Last edited:

APerson

Official Lolcattle Abductor
kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised no one has mentioned GodGazi - unless you have and I've missed it, only skimmed this thread - he's a Black dude obsessed with Africa, acts like an expert on it (despite never setting foot anywhere near Africa).
Also thinks everything ever was invented and stolen from Black people.

tumblr_nqc739c9yV1tc6kdzo2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqc739c9yV1tc6kdzo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nkx5ftZvXn1u18pnxo1_1280.jpg

And this

This isn't even the tip of the iceberg, I haven't even touched on his many many videos.
Why do so many African revisionists hate the Jews? I've seen it in a couple of these guys.

Last edited:

Pumpkin

kiwifarms.net
I've hung around these groups for a bit out of pure curiosity because it's all so batshit and what I've gleamed -
It's almost a sort of jealousy.
That (some) Jewish people got reparations after the Holocaust and that people are more willing to talk about the Holocaust than slavery and such.
There's probably more to it than just that, but that's the main reasons I see.

Louis Theroux did a program about meeting Black nationalists that touched on a lot of topics on this thread. Worth a watch to see this crazy in action.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've hung around these groups for a bit out of pure curiosity because it's all so batshit and what I've gleamed -
It's almost a sort of jealousy.
That (some) Jewish people got reparations after the Holocaust and that people are more willing to talk about the Holocaust than slavery and such.
There's probably more to it than just that, but that's the main reasons I see.

Louis Theroux did a program about meeting Black nationalists that touched on a lot of topics on this thread. Worth a watch to see this crazy in action.

Well the difference is that the people who got reparations survived the holocaust themselves; most black people that ask for it now at best had to deal with the later days of segregation (many not even that), with their great-grandparents dealing with our peculiar institution being quite dead and in the ground.

But the jealousy aspect would make sense; I wonder if they got pissed when Italian and Slavic peoples were deemed white too.

TowinKarz

Send More Lolcows, We're Fresh Out.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And when you don't like communism, the Jews are secretly Bolsheviks...

ANd when you don't like capitalism, the Jews secretly bankroll all the major players....

Also, note that the desire to "claim" a famous historical figure as "one of yours" is directly proportional to how beneficial they were seen to society, not just how famous. As mentioned before, they want to make the famous Presidents secretly gay (Washington, Lincoln) but, the one with the most (and not great) evidence for it is Buchannan, consistently rated the WORST chief executive in US history by actual historians.

They want to claim Einstein because everyone knows E=MC2, (or at least know it means something super-important) but, they pass over Turing who WAS persecuted because his work isn't as well known in the public consciousness.

They all want to claim Beethoven, who filled concert halls, but not the dozens who never made it so big....

It's all an act in promoting what makes them look good, that's not history, that's cherry picking.