Historical Revisionists

Rüdiger Gamm

credo quia absurdum est
kiwifarms.net
The toe thing is a reference to this chart:

21b6pzm.jpg

This thing gets passed around Tumblr a lot. As you might be able to guess, it reeks mostly of bullshit.

According to this chart, I am some weird cross between Greek and Celtic. And I sure as hell ain't Greek.
Egyptian-Roman crossbreed reporting in. Am I allowed to use the #blackout tag now? That would be awesome!

Vitriol

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That tumblr toe chart seems legit, not least because there are only five races, and four of them are from Europe (and one of them's just from a single city!)
agreed also footwear has no effect whatsoever on the shape of feet and before anyone mentions Chinese foot binding please remember they are people of colour so check your privilege and don't be racist. :P

Johnny Bravo

Bravokin
kiwifarms.net
You could do an entire thread about Vedic revisionism.

There's some stuff I've read that aims to overplay the savagery of the Mughals and the Sultanates in order to demonize Islam, but the more interesting stuff is stuff about Sanskrit being the 'mother of all languages' and the scientific revisionism.

The linguistic stuff mostly says that sanskrit is either the root of all languages (which is nonsense) or the root of all proto-indo-european languages (which is wrong but slightly more credible)

The scientific stuff is where the fun bits are. Hindu nationalists like to claim that all modern science was encoded in Hinduism, which gives us shit like this:

10922795_10155165972980454_4492552543576106073_n.jpg

Another big shitshow here is surrounding the history of the Vimana, which in Hindu mythology is a kind of flying chariot. Obviously, this is great news for ancient aliens types who believe it's actually an ancient UFO or something.

In the 1950s, some con man claimed that he had received visions from an ancient Hindu mystic who made him write the Vaimanika Shastra, a supposed flight manual. We were, apparently, supposed to believe this piece of shit would ever get off the ground.
Vaimanika_Shastra_Shakuna_illustration.jpg

I also wouldn't say these sorts of views are fringe -- when the leader of 1/6th of the world's population makes a public statement that the presence of an elephant-headed god in Hindu mythology is proof of ancient genetic engineering, I'd say it's found some traction.

And the Vimanas? Well, there was a presentation on them during the 2015 Indian Science Congress. I know countries aren't supposed to be lolcows, but still...

EDIT: Maybe this would be better suited for the general lolcow board? We seem to have branched out past tumblr.

Woah woah WOAH! Does that chart claim sea turtles are amphibians? Hold the fucking phone, uncontrollable science sperging coming in.

Sea turtles evolved from turtles that lived on land. Turtles are not amphibians. If sea turtles were amphibious they wouldn't come out of the water to lay their eggs. Amphibians lay eggs in water, grow up in water, and live on land and in water as adults. A sea turtle is like the exact opposite of an amphibian.

And is that a mother fucking werewolf? Is this chart implying humans evolved from werewolves???

TheAmazingAxolotl

Meglio fascista che frocio.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do Africans (outside of Egypt), Asians, Native Americans, etc not have feet?

It also doesn't specify which era of Egypt. Knowing Tumblr, they'll insist that Egyptians were always black, especially Cleopatra. Cleopatra was pretty Greek, and most modern Egyptians are a mix of African, Middle Eastern, French, and Greek, so really all Tumblr is doing is comparing the feet of several white peoples and it means jack shit because the length of a person's toes has nothing to do with ancestry, only which parent had which dominant gene.

Bravo, Tumblr, failing at three things all at once.

sugoi-chan

chewing on a stick of cum
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It also doesn't specify which era of Egypt. Knowing Tumblr, they'll insist that Egyptians were always black, especially Cleopatra. Cleopatra was pretty Greek, and most modern Egyptians are a mix of African, Middle Eastern, French, and Greek, so really all Tumblr is doing is comparing the feet of several white peoples and it means jack shit because the length of a person's toes has nothing to do with ancestry, only which parent had which dominant gene.

Bravo, Tumblr, failing at three things all at once.

It seems like some weird cousin of a similar practice that a Tumblrite would find none too appealing:

Races_and_skulls.png

Craniometry (and related psuedosciences) that argued that the shape of the skull signified race and determined intelligence and potential thereof.

Meowthkip

We had fun, didn't we?
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That tumblr toe chart seems legit, not least because there are only five races, and four of them are from Europe (and one of them's just from a single city!)

Um, obviously the entire Roman empire, with those other areas excluded, all had the same toe alignment.

I have no idea what the source of the chart is, but I'm guessing it's very, very old.

I shouldn't have used "mostly," I thought maybe these toe alignments were just named by really old scientists who classified them on generalizations and the names stuck as archaic labels rather than accurate assessments of where the person is from.

It's the only possibility that makes any sense to me.

There was a huge amount of tumblr post about how Ben Franklin was actually a woman.

Shows what you know.

9tzb12.jpg

The Lizard Queen

Lizard boobs. Your argument is invalid.
kiwifarms.net
Boy these people piss me off.

The thing that makes their ignorance the most infuriating is that it is deliberate ignorance.
It's like someone clapping their hands over their ears and yelling "La la la la, I can't hear you! La la la!" while you're trying to explain that the Earth goes around the Sun, and not vice versa.

Especially with things like "aliens built the pyramids." All I had to do was a simple google search, and I found thousands of articles, comics, papers, pages, books, documentaries, and other credible sources disproving it.
However, most of these legit researchers use obscure concepts like, decades and centuries of written records, carefully cataloged archaeological evidence, scholarly masters who have dedicated their life to the subject, DNA, and other such things to prove their point. Clearly none of those things are as valid as what some trans-otherkin on Tumblr feels "in hir soul."

To me, this suggests that none of these people have ever bothered to do any real research, or if they have, they chose to ignore it out of spite for the truth.

It also reminded me of this comic....

anubis_presents__alien_theorists_are_idiots_by_serverustare-d7dmot1.jpg

Last edited:

TyrannoNinja

Diagnosed sperg
kiwifarms.net
I'm reminded of a short story called Makeisha in Time that someone recommended on a forum I used to haunt. It was themed around the "erasure" of non-European women from certain periods of history, and the person linking to it was, shall we say, very passionate about diversity in speculative fiction.

Excerpted passage from the story:
“You’re building a fake identity,” Philippa tells her one day, daring the towers of books and dried-out markers to bring Makeisha some soup. “There weren’t any black women in ancient Athens. There weren’t any in China. You need to come to grips with reality, my friend.”

“There were too,” says Makeisha fiercely, proudly. “I know there were. They were just erased. Forgotten.”

“I’m sure there were a few exceptions. But women just didn’t do the kind of things you’re interested in.”

Makeisha says, “It doesn’t matter what I do, if people refuse to believe it."

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This thread is educational as fuck. I am enjoying reading it a lot.

But he says to IGNORE HIM.

Obviously the mummies were planted there by insidious European archeologists to discredit the truth about Egypt being ruled by the Black Master Race.

The toe thing is a reference to this chart:

21b6pzm.jpg

This thing gets passed around Tumblr a lot. As you might be able to guess, it reeks of bullshit.

According to this chart, I am some weird cross between Greek and Celtic. And I sure as hell ain't Greek.

my toes don't look like any of those
tumblr has triggered me by not including those of us whose feet don't align with the kyriarchical ideal and this is oppressive to me :(

Foltest

Land ska med lag byggas
kiwifarms.net
So acording to that toe charts, I'm roman. Weird. I thought that I was Swedish with german ancestry.

Lachlan Hunter McIntyre

Harakudoshi
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Toe chart say I'm completely Egyptian. Guess there were a lot of Egyptians in northern Scotland and the Americas?

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What does it mean if one of my feet is Celtic and the other is Roman? Is my left foot trans-celt?
Trying to compare my feet with that chart, I feel like asking if both feet makes me some sort of trans-Greek Egyptian or trans-Greek Roman. As much as how we can have indicators that could give insight on our heritage, whats to say that sort of thing could give the wrong guess?