Hoarders (and other fun documentary TV shows)

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Spatchmo

kiwifarms.net
I am not sure if this is the appropriate place for this thread, but I figure since there was a thread dedicated to Amy and her awesome baking company in this forum, it might fit.

As most of you know I am sure, there are two shows dedicated to people who are hoarders. There have been a few attempts to get Chris' house on one of the shows, but from what I gather, the Chandler household has never responded to them. What inspired me to make this thread was browsing youtube, and coming across this wonderful gem:
[youtube]cx6yOLq_PJU[/youtube]
This woman is absolutely appalling. She has two teenaged children who she blames entirely for her disaster of her house, and in this video she claims that her "wiccan power stones" cause people that she is angry at to be struck by lightning. Also that light bulbs around her explode because she has "that kind of energy". Not to get too far off track in discussing people that practice Wicca, but I do have to make the observation that literally everyone I know in real life or have heard about that believes they have magical powers is terribly obese and is a terrible housekeeper (see also Christian Weston Chandler). It's like, use some of that magic to cure your disabilities, lose some weight, and make some money...

Anyway, back on the topic of Sherry here, I was so amazed by the several clips of her episode of "Hoarding: Buried Alive" that I spent a couple dollars so I could watch the whole thing (since I couldn't find it on hulu or youtube). It was totally worth the price. She doesn't take responsibility for anything at all. She claims to have 13 disabilities that keep her from working and taking care of her home. She refuses to let her teenage children live with their father because then she would get less money from the government. There are needles and used feminine pads all around the house. If you don't mind spending the couple dollars, I highly recommend watching it. It's the first episode of the fourth season, the episode called "Tiny Monsters".

Has anyone seen any other episodes of either "Hoarders" or "Hoarding: Buried Alive" that are as great as this?

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
Re: Hoarding Hoarders and the Hoarders Who Hoarded Them

Hoarding isn't a disease, it's a symptom of other complex mental issues, as are magical thinking and weight gain. That's probably why there's an observable correlation.

Iamthatis

Give Thanks For The Harvest!
kiwifarms.net

I would love to see Chrissy and :snorlax: on hoarders. I could see Chrissy going on and on about how he is a Tomgirl and how his life has been ruined by the dang dirty trolls. Then :snorlax: has a mental breakdown when the cleaners scoop up some dogshit that reminded her of Bob.

On a more serious note, do you think that Chrissy is the root of :snorlax: 's hoarding?

R

RP 520

kiwifarms.net

Iamthatis said:
I would love to see Chrissy and :snorlax: on hoarders. I could see Chrissy going on and on about how he is a Tomgirl and how his life has been ruined by the dang dirty trolls. Then :snorlax: has a mental breakdown when the cleaners scoop up some dogshit that reminded her of Bob.

On a more serious note, do you think that Chrissy is the root of :snorlax: 's hoarding?

Some trolls in the past actually tried to get Chris and Barb on hoarders, the show called them but they never answered.

Though there were some people that were nearly one in the same as CWC on that show. Billy Bob and Gary come to mind.

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net

"When I'm cooking I have to play whack-a-mole to protect the food."

That was hilarious.

Spatchmo

kiwifarms.net

Fibonacci said:
"When I'm cooking I have to play whack-a-mole to protect the food."

That was hilarious.
Yeah it was but I also felt so bad for her kids. Especially her daughter who was expected to cook and serve the entire family. At least she seems to have a passion for cooking anyway.

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net

I felt bad for the kids and the dad. The way the mom wouldn't let them move in with him so she could continue collecting disability benefits. And you could see how heartbroken he was that they had to live like that.

sparklemilhouse

America Online for Dummies™
kiwifarms.net

My all time favorite lolcow from Hoarders was the woman who had bought hundreds of designer purses. She lived in a small boonie town, and she bought all those purses in town at beauty supply stores and such. The show brought on purse inspectors who were trained to spot counterfeits, and nearly ALL her purses were fake. She thought they were lying to her because she was old and black, but even if you were not a purse expert, you could tell they were fakes a mile away.

I don't watch too much of the tlc hoarding buried alive show, its not as shocking as a&e hoarders.

SodomyRocket

kiwifarms.net

Fibonacci said:
I felt bad for the kids and the dad. The way the mom wouldn't let them move in with him so she could continue collecting disability benefits. And you could see how heartbroken he was that they had to live like that.

I'll be honest I'll face kidnapping charges before my hypothetical kids live in a hoarders house.

Android raptor

"an honest-to-God BPD womanchild misanthrope"
kiwifarms.net

I do feel sorry for some of the hoarders, considering in the end of the day it's a mental illness they can't exactly help and you can see how much it hurts a lot of them (especially when they start to realize just how bad it is and are generally quite remorseful and ashamed). Then there are the few like in OP, who are lazy, selfish sacks of shit that don't seem to give a fuck or feel at all bad or ashamed of what they're doing and try to blame others for their problems.

Sorry if I come off as a white knight or something, but if possible can we try to focus on the latter variety ITT? Because I'm kind of iffy about ridiculing and laughing at people who are again, suffering from a serious mental illness they can't help. Let's make sure they actually do lulzy stuff other than that (such as being completely selfish, trying to blame it all on other people, claiming to have magic Wicca crystals, being Barb-ish otherwise, etc).

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net

Dr. Cuddlebug said:
[youtube]5Xswdor-ZnU[/youtube]
'Nuff said

Oh Jesus, sweet Jesus no.

SodomyRocket

kiwifarms.net

Android raptor said:
I do feel sorry for some of the hoarders, considering in the end of the day it's a mental illness they can't exactly help and you can see how much it hurts a lot of them (especially when they start to realize just how bad it is and are generally quite remorseful and ashamed). Then there are the few like in OP, who are lazy, selfish sacks of shit that don't seem to give a fuck or feel at all bad or ashamed of what they're doing and try to blame others for their problems.

Sorry if I come off as a white knight or something, but if possible can we try to focus on the latter variety ITT? Because I'm kind of iffy about ridiculing and laughing at people who are again, suffering from a serious mental illness they can't help. Let's make sure they actually do lulzy stuff other than that (such as being completely selfish, trying to blame it all on other people, claiming to have magic Wicca crystals, being Barb-ish otherwise, etc).
You know thinking you have magic powers, lacking empathy, and delusion are also mental illnesses ? Why the double standard on what you think you can ridicule?

Francis E. Dec Esc.

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Dr. Cuddlebug said:
'Nuff said

Wasn't that the episode where the concentrated urine ate through the floor of the house like xenomorph blood?

I like the one with the 9/11 obsessed lady who screamed like Lemongrab because the crew was going to throw away her Darth Vader Mr. Potato Head.

Night Terror

outta my way
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Apologies if this doesn't work outside of the UK.
[youtube]UOKLahJN4E0[/youtube]
Richard Wallace was probably the most extreme hoarder in the UK. While he didn't leave jugs of piss and shit all over his house, every single room was piled to the ceiling with stuff. He moved around by crawling through tiny crawlspaces he'd made in the piles of crap. One in particular, the 'death tunnel' was a tiny crawlspace under a massive stack of newspapers, which was incredibly precarious and could've fallen on him at any time.
Poor bloke seemed like a really nice guy, too.
But you'll be pleased to hear that he's sorted his house out so much that he's been able to have his neighbours over for dinner!

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Dr. Cuddlebug said:
'Nuff said
My only response is :cryblood: :cryblood: :cryblood: due to the "bottle" part and the bucket. Watching that made me cringe and kinda gives a feeling of puking.

Guardian G.I.

СНГ scum
kiwifarms.net

Dr. Cuddlebug said:
'Nuff said

This clip made me cringe more than the entire Nick Bates thread.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Guardian G.I. said:
Dr. Cuddlebug said:
'Nuff said

This clip made me cringe more than the entire Nick Bates thread.
Reading about Nick Bate: Creepy. Reading Brony antics and watching them: former is like weeaboo's and the latter is either "Shut up" or meh. The clip: Same as your's in cringing.

Surtur

Destroyer of the Universe.
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Spatchmo said:
Not to get too far off track in discussing people that practice Wicca, but I do have to make the observation that literally everyone I know in real life or have heard about that believes they have magical powers is terribly obese and is a terrible housekeeper (see also Christian Weston Chandler). It's like, use some of that magic to cure your disabilities, lose some weight, and make some money...

SodomyRocket said:
You know thinking you have magic powers, lacking empathy, and delusion are also mental illnesses ? Why the double standard on what you think you can ridicule?

Ok, stahp. You can disagree with religious practices and the actions of individuals, however lumping people into one stereotype is narrowminded, and calling them "delusional" for not sharing your particular set of beliefs is wrong. I have met plenty of Wiccans, Druids, Heathens, LHP'rs and all many of "pagan" folk and they come in all shapes and sizes and in all manner of cleanliness. We have a religiously diverse community and that includes a few Wiccans, Thelemites and some Asatruar like myself, and I assure you I am neither obese or unable to keep my space clean.

Mourning Dove

Zenaida macroura
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Dr. Cuddlebug said:
'Nuff said

I have a bad habit of watching Hoarders episodes while I'm eating dinner. While many of the episodes disgust me, I distinctly remember this as the only one that made me close to vomiting.