Hold up, imma let you finish but... Kanye West opinions -

dabluearmedbandit

Babies for Breakfast Babies for Dinner
kiwifarms.net
Mediocre music,there are dozens of underground artists doing the exact same "unique groundbreaking" stuff as him, just without the PR machine. Terrible human being that gets way too much attention.

• Mad at the Internet
Reactions: 1 person

Trombonista

What a wonderful alternative to suicide!
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's had some good singles, and he is pretty talented, but his ego is way overblown.

• Agree

Arkangel

Computer Science and Computer Violence
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I personally like some his music. I really liked the album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy", and the songs "Flashing lights" and "Stronger". I didn't really care much for the album "Yeezus", though. It had it's moments ("Black Skinhead", "Hold My Liquor", and even "I am a God" because it was funny), but I felt it was rushed and Kanye's lyricism got more lazy compared to his earlier stuff.

As for his ego, sure, he acts like an asshole with a whole lot of unwarranted self-importance, but I mostly see it as part of his musical image. Getting mad about Kanye's god-complex is kinda autistic IMO.

• Agree

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
As much of an idiot as he can be, the song Runaway is a pretty affecting song lyrically, jokey chorus aside. It’s a man who doesn’t know how to be part of a real relationship admitting his flaws and basically saying “I don’t like how I am, but I don’t really know how to be what I want, and I deserve to have you leave me for my shit, but really hope you won’t”. Any man who has fucked things up for himself knows how it feels, but not many can express it, which makes Kanye doing a good job of it really shocking.

cuÞbert

kiwifarms.net
Love Lockdown is a really cool music video.

Years ago there was this mashup of Love Lockdown's lyrics with Clubbed to Death by Rob Dougan. Utterly stellar but it looks like it got taken down. :(

Tags
None