War Hong Kong Garden Takeaway (Megathread) - Time to kill some fuckin' ugly reds

• I am killing the Proving Grounds board in a week, unless someone has an idea to make it work. (Thread) (Update 1)

Positron

No more Jingle Bells, hon!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you think a lot of the anti-protest posts here are CCP propaganda, here's interviews done by the BBC and German media with major protest leaders. These protestors will often go on about how they're smarter and more educated than the HK police, and how much more westernized, civilized, and fluent in English they are compared to mainlanders.
It is a myth. Hongkongers are in general not good at the English language at all, despite the fact that those born after the 1970s all had English lessons for at least 9 years, starting early childhood. I'd rate an average HKer's command of the language on par with an average Frenchie. Few attain any measure of fluency; even fewer are able to use English idiomatically. A motivated Mainlander would make a much better conversationist with an English speaker.

The tragedy is that Hongkongers are equally bad at their supposed native language, Chinese.

Last edited:

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
It is a myth. Hongkongers are in general not good at English language at all, despite having English lessons since childhood. I'd rate an average HKer's command of the language on par with an average Frenchie. Few attain any measure of fluency; even fewer are able to use English idiomatically. A motivated Mainlander would make a much better conversationist with an English speaker.

The tragedy is that Hongkongers are equally bad at their supposed native language, Chinese.
Chinese aka Mandarin is not Hong Kong's Native Language. Cantonese is. Also most Hong Kong'er understand English quite well. Fluently. It's just the tonal nature of Cantonese leaves them with a very very heavy accent in English and makes them nearly incomprehensible. Cantonese and I believe Vietnamese are the two that really have a hard time adapting to speaking English.

Positron

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chinese aka Mandarin is not Hong Kong's Native Language. Cantonese is. Also most Hong Kong'er understand English quite well. Fluently. It's just the tonal nature of Cantonese leaves them with a very very heavy accent in English and makes them nearly incomprehensible. Cantonese and I believe Vietnamese are the two that really have a hard time adapting to speaking English.
Standard Written Chinese is the same whether you speak Mandarin or Cantonese. The abomination known as "Written Cantonese" has no currency outside Hong Kong: not even people in Guangzhou (much less the greater Canton) can read it.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
Standard Written Chinese is the same whether you speak Mandarin or Cantonese. The abomination known as "Written Cantonese" has no currency outside Hong Kong: not even people in Guangzhou (much less the greater Canton) can read it.
All of Chinese is or was exclusively a written Language. It's a several thousand year old common written language that allowed for the administration of the Empire. But it was never a common spoken language until the mid 20th Century. Every town and village had their own dialect. Their own effective spoken language.

NotAWeeb

kiwifarms.net
It is a myth. Hongkongers are in general not good at the English language at all, despite the fact that those born after the 1970s all had English lessons for at least 9 years, starting early childhood. I'd rate an average HKer's command of the language on par with an average Frenchie. Few attain any measure of fluency; even fewer are able to use English idiomatically. A motivated Mainlander would make a much better conversationist with an English speaker.

Not directly to do with the protests, but this annoys me a lot with the elitism of the protestors. Most of the radicals ones right now are university students, and they'll keep emphasizing how uneducated the police are and how they don't know English unlike them. Most of these kids almost exclusively only use English in school, so they'll almost never converse casually in English, and they'll often need Chinese subtitles when watching anything in English. People can read fine here, but people really struggle with writing here, they don't know when to use past tense, they mix up prepositions, they'll randomly insert or leave out determiners. If they do decide to move to Britain, the US, or Canada, expect many of them to mostly stick with other kids that speak the same language. This video kind of shows the level of English proficiency of a lot of Hong Kong university students.

• Horrifying
Reactions: 3119967d0c

Positron

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most of these kids almost exclusively only use English in school
They are taught in English at school but talk among themselves in Chinese. Nothing wrong with that, but their pretension -- not to mention their ludicrous claim to be subjects of the United Caliphate -- is embarrassing.

Joshua Wong is already among the more eloquent ones; his parents have the money to get him in an international school (Note to HK parents: it is not worth it to pay upwards of USD$10000 a year for that!), and rumors has it that they have connections with USA Democrats.

MadDamon

MAD DAMON
kiwifarms.net
Yes, all people should just roll over and take the Central Committee's dick up their ass. Honoring agreements is clearly not for Most August Son of Heaven Xi Jingping. One word of his erases ten million of ours.
why is it with you that you always take the extreme of the case?
What @murdered meat bag asked is very good. What is going to happen when 2049 comes? What would become of Hong Kong when the time has come?
Disregarding their questions just because they are in a different position than you on an issue is not a good way to discuss something.

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joshua Wong is already among the more eloquent ones; his parents have the money to get him in an international school (Note to HK parents: it is not worth it to pay upwards of USD$10000 a year for that!), and rumors has it that they have connections with USA Democrats.
There's nothing at all suspicious about the fact that they have received tens of millions of dollars of funding from the so-called 'National Endowment for Democracy'.

I mean, that's just a private charity, right?

They fund the Yellow Vest protesters too? Oh, wait, they don't. Weird

Reactions: Positron

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
It's obvious that whatever british government system is going to be dismantled and Hong kong will function like the rest of china.

maybe mainland will send Tanks into teh city, who knows. but hong kong is going to go down.
So, they should just take it up the ass like good little drones.
Make Jingping send in the tanks. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Rausch

kiwifarms.net
Well, if you think the Extradition Bill is nothing but a tool for PCP to get all the political foe of their, then would you also propose another way to prosecute the murderer rightfully?
Yes. Obviously. And I already did earlier in the thread. What a stupid question.

What I said earlier is that civilised countries often update their laws to deal with unprecedented situations brought about by changes in technology for example - or just peculiar events that nobody anticipated happening. What barbaric commies do is shamelessly attempt to harness tragedy to push their self-interest without even having the basic decency of being subtle about it. Just like the gun grabbing commies in the US.

On a related note, I also said earlier that it's typical of commies to try to pretend that people who are against their supposedly-hidden-but-actually-obvious agenda must be monsters so they ask you questions like "wait so you you think murderers should be allowed to get away with it lol?" Just like trannies (usually also commies) who react to people saying "I don't think you should be in the wrong toilet or around children at all" with "why do you hate people who are different to you?"

There's nothing at all suspicious about the fact that they have received tens of millions of dollars of funding from the so-called 'National Endowment for Democracy'.
That link is student blog tier bullshit. And I thought that before I noted that in the author's own blurb, he/she/it apparently also writes about "sexism". Funny how the people sympathetic to the PRC apparently in the West keep turning out to be social justice fags.

Now, should the developed world be wasting our taxpayers' money on this shit like this? Personally, I don't think so. But the fact that our glowniggers have decided to fan the flames in Hong Kong, just like they do literally everywhere else including in our own countries, doesn't automatically make all of the grievances of the young Hongkongers illegitimate as a Beijing media handler would try to have you believe.

And everyone does this, so I hope you're not trying to take the moral high ground here, Chang. Ignoring all the money that PRC sleazeballs keep getting busted attempting to bribe Australian politicians with and all the spying and all the other fuckery China is regularly getting caught doing, I also remember when the London riots were on and CCTV (as it was then known) showed up to interview our diverse youth and let them articulate their views. Enriching though it was to hear incoherent, masked and not particularly sober teenagers tell us about how we're all racist and therefore they are entitled to help themselves to new Jordans as they flashed gang signs at the camera, giving a platform to the chimpout counts as fanning the flames too, in my book. So stop crying out in pain as you strike.

Last edited:

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That link is student blog tier bullshit. And I thought that before I noted that in the author's own blurb, he/she/it apparently also writes about "sexism". Funny how the people sympathetic to the PRC apparently in the West keep turning out to be social justice fags.

Now, should the developed world be wasting our taxpayers' money on this shit like this? Personally, I don't think so. But the fact that our glowniggers have decided to fan the flames in Hong Kong, just like they do literally everywhere else including in our own countries, doesn't automatically make all of the grievances of the young Hongkongers illegitimate as a Beijing media handler would try to have you believe.

And everyone does this, so I hope you're not trying to take the moral high ground here, Chang. Ignoring all the money that PRC sleazeballs keep getting busted attempting to bribe Australian politicians with and all the spying and all the other fuckery China is regularly getting caught doing, I also remember when the London riots were on and smirking morons from CCTV showed up to interview our diverse youth and let them articulate their views. Enriching though it was to hear incoherent, masked and not particularly sober teenagers tell us about how we're all racist and therefore they are entitled to help themselves to new Jordans as they flashed gang signs at the camera, giving a platform to the chimpout counts as fanning the flames too, in my book. So stop crying out in pain as you strike.
Lol, implying that Chinese patriots and Western SJWs are the only people who realise that the Chinese government runs China. Normal people dislike Westernized CIA-puppet faggots in Hong Kong too.

You people are incredible.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
I dont want Tienanmen 2 Hong Kong Boogaloo to happen ((because I dont want a massacre of people))

but if this was the story of how the PRC ends. I want that to be what happens next
I doubt it will end here. They'll just change tactics if the protesters are smart. Shit like truck bombs targeting Chinese military installations would be the best approach. Or if they really wanted to make the Chinese government say "eh shits just not worth it" they'd attack shit like the Apple factory which would create an international incident.

Edit:
The chinkroaches aren't going to risk losing their share of multinational corporate shekels

MadDamon

MAD DAMON
kiwifarms.net
Yes. Obviously. And I already did earlier in the thread. What a stupid question.

What I said earlier is that civilised countries often update their laws to deal with unprecedented situations brought about by changes in technology for example - or just peculiar events that nobody anticipated happening. What barbaric commies do is shamelessly attempt to harness tragedy to push their self-interest without even having the basic decency of being subtle about it. Just like the gun grabbing commies in the US.

On a related note, I also said earlier that it's typical of commies to try to pretend that people who are against their supposedly-hidden-but-actually-obvious agenda must be monsters so they ask you questions like "wait so you you think murderers should be allowed to get away with it lol?" Just like trannies (usually also commies) who react to people saying "I don't think you should be in the wrong toilet or around children at all" with "why do you hate people who are different to you?"
Excuse me, but isn't posting a new bill to counter the unforeseen hole in the law of yesteryear a form of updating the law?

• Dumb
Reactions: Rausch

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net
whats the difference between hong kong today and hong kong 2047? HK belongs to China and theres going to be an end to the british way of life.

i know boomers are mad were not sending the 101st to drop in and free HK. but seriously, whatre the hkrs going to do when the agreement ends? might as well transition.
“I have noticed that even those who assert that everything is predestined and that we can change nothing about it still look both ways before they cross the street.” ― Stephen Hawking

Reactions: Iwasamwillbe

murdered meat bag

kiwifarms.net
“I have noticed that even those who assert that everything is predestined and that we can change nothing about it still look both ways before they cross the street.” ― Stephen Hawking
i'm still not getting an answer. It's very possible that Hong Kongers end up like the Uyghrs. It's possible America enters world war 3 to save Hong kong. 2047 could be like 2019 except the PLA is raping and killing everyone.

What do you expect to happen when the agreement is up?

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
i'm still not getting an answer. It's very possible that Hong Kongers end up like the Uyghrs. It's possible America enters world war 3 to save Hong kong. 2047 could be like 2019 except the PLA is raping and killing everyone.

What do you expect to happen when the agreement is up?
My man, I don't like trying to predict things six months away; the world is full of seen and unseen variables. 30 years ago, the World Wide Web was in its infancy, the Cold War had just ended, and the Taliban were still thought of as the good guys by much of the US. If you'd asked someone back then, in the most general terms, what 2019 would look like, they'd probably be wildly off.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino