War Hong Kong Garden Takeaway (Megathread) - Time to kill some fuckin' ugly reds

Shaved Kiwis

Mimetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net
What’s funny is posting about a situation you know nothing about.

Crimea has been Russian for centuries, (aside from the past 20 years) which would never would have happened if Khrushchev hadn’t got drunk and tried to make a symbolic present.

We’re talking about people who speak Russian, feel like Russian. Is it really that weird that they’d actually might (gasp!) vote to be Russian?

It's always been Russian guise except when it wasn't, but that doesn't count because of some shit I pulled out of my drunk gopnik ass.

What's really fucking funny is when you run around attempting to school the West on how pro Russian most Crimeans are you always conveniently neglect to mention the fact that Crimean Tatars have been living there since the 1200s and the fact that your Commie asses spent the better part of the last century deporting them en masse. I think it goes without saying that the ones that managed to stick around were overwhelmingly against joining Russia.

OmniousAttributer

Mi mi mi
kiwifarms.net
It's always been Russian guise except when it wasn't, but that doesn't count because of some shit I pulled out of my drunk gopnik ass.

What's really fucking funny is when you run around attempting to school the West on how pro Russian most Crimeans are you always conveniently neglect to mention the fact that Crimean Tatars have been living there since the 1200s and the fact that your Commie asses spent the better part of the last century deporting them en masse. I think it goes without saying that the ones that managed to stick around were overwhelmingly against joining Russia.
Colonization works.

Like what Hispanics are doing to America.

Let this be a lesson.

Shaved Kiwis

Mimetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net
Colonization works.

Like what Hispanics are doing to America.

Let this be a lesson.

Fact of the matter is that Russia took advantage of a revolution to occupy and annex a territory while the Ukrainian government was in complete disarray and paralyzed. So you would need a total meltdown in the US where the military won't be able to act when "little green men" show up from Mexico and start waving their guns around in California. Then you'd have to overlook the fact that most of the Hispanics coming to America actually want to come to America not Neo-Mexico. And even the young Mexican American dumbasses that were born here, dont know how good they have it and still talk about reconquering Mexican lands for shits and giggles on facebook to be edgy wouldn't vote in favor of joining Mexico unless the US economy really took a fucking nose dive. And on that note; one of the reasons that a lot of older folks voted to join Russia came down to pragmatism and the fact that Russia would end up paying slightly higher pensions.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
Well as far as anything we could do, I guess a mass sealift to Taiwan is the only thing we could pull and that's optimistic beyond belief.
Taiwan doesn't owe these Cantonese Hong Kongers anything. If anyone should take them, it has to be UK, whose colonial government in the 1980s fucked over the Hong Kong people by not giving them a true democratic system before handing them over to China. Hong Kong people never got a referendum to determine if they wanted to join China, and the UK-Chinese diplomats decided to give Hong Kong a system of government where Beijing gets to which candidates are allowed onto the ballot for Hong Kong's highest office.

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net
I mean, I could try to make an analogy where the US annexes Baja California in the 19th century; goes Communist in the 20th; annexes all of Mexico in a greater North American Union that lasts until the 1990s and during that time hands Baja California to its Mexican administration; Keeps close enough relations to the newly independent Mexican government after the collapse of the North American Union until it suddenly faces a color revolution that causes the US to decide to protect US interests and retake Baja California (which at that point has a significant English speaking population)
^ I just thought the above analogy would be too autistic is all
Arizona would have been a far better example.

OmniousAttributer

Mi mi mi
kiwifarms.net
Fact of the matter is that Russia took advantage of a revolution to occupy and annex a territory while the Ukrainian government was in complete disarray and paralyzed. So you would need a total meltdown in the US where the military won't be able to act when "little green men" show up from Mexico and start waving their guns around in California. Then you'd have to overlook the fact that most of the Hispanics coming to America actually want to come to America not Neo-Mexico. And even the young Mexican American dumbasses that were born here, dont know how good they have it and still talk about reconquering Mexican lands for shits and giggles on facebook to be edgy wouldn't vote in favor of joining Mexico unless the US economy really took a fucking nose dive. And on that note; one of the reasons that a lot of older folks voted to join Russia came down to pragmatism and the fact that Russia would end up paying slightly higher pensions.
That's a very reasonable assessment.

I however can't blame Putin for annexing Crimea to secure open access to black Sea. Literally the only warm water port in Europe for Russia.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Idk maybe follow through with his trade war and up the anti tell China to back off. Instead he caved like a little bitch and pushed them out to December (if he doesn’t have another senior moment and forget about them altogether). Now he’s begging Japan to buy our farm goods.

He just blinked and gave china the edge.
Well that is true, waffing instead of picking an option is definately going to hurt

Dude, fuck the Crimean Tatars; They were Muslims who raped the entire Ukraine and basically were a tool of the Ottoman Caliphate

Consenticles

Only ask
kiwifarms.net
That's a very reasonable assessment.

I however can't blame Putin for annexing Crimea to secure open access to black Sea. Literally the only warm water port in Europe for Russia.
Incorrect, Kaliningrad is a warm water port in the heart of the Baltics. Not directly connected to Russia, but it is indeed a port that does not freeze.

Edit - https://mobile.twitter.com/CGTNOfficial

Found this propaganda news account that has an interesting skew to the story. Good read/watch if anyone wants to see the narrative that China is feeding it's citizens. Some interesting replies too... Most look like very poor English translations/bots reaffirming the channel's goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmniousAttributer

OmniousAttributer

Mi mi mi
kiwifarms.net
Incorrect, Kaliningrad is a warm water port in the heart of the Baltics. Not directly connected to Russia, but it is indeed a port that does not freeze.

Edit - https://mobile.twitter.com/CGTNOfficial

Found this propaganda news account that has an interesting skew to the story. Good read/watch if anyone wants to see the narrative that China is feeding it's citizens. Some interesting replies too... Most look like very poor English translations/bots reaffirming the channel's goals.
I wouldn't compare small isolated land to a Crimea itself. Kalingrad is a tiny port that is not connected to Russia. Crimea on the other hand plays a major role for Russia navy in the black Sea as well as bridged connection to motherland Russia.

Reactions: Consenticles

Consenticles

Only ask
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't compare small isolated land to a Crimea itself. Kalingrad is a tiny port that is not connected to Russia. Crimea on the other hand plays a major role for Russia navy in the black Sea as well as bridged connection to motherland Russia.
The Kaliningrad naval port is not insignificant. It's not as heavily armed as Crimea, but it is a major port and plays host to the Baltic Fleet. Approximately 60 warships and a small number of subs are stationed in the fleet.

Source:

Meanwhile the Black Sea Fleet (nearest Crimea) is composed of ~50 warships and five six subs.
Source:

The significant difference is the number of soldiers stationed. Official numbers say ~25k in Crimea, where the number is negligible in Kaliningrad. I would not be surprised if there are many more ships than the recorded number stationed near Crimea, due to the hostile activities in the area.

Taking Crimea basically cut off all major supplies via water to Ukraine. I will not go on about the ethics of it, but the strategic importance is significant. The right half of Ukraine was very much cut off, basically everything right of the Dnieper (a main river) is under heavy Russian influence. Just on the other side of this waterway is Kiev. The Russians go past this river and the odds of NATO getting involved are much, much higher. Not likely, but still Putin seems to be playing it 'safe'. My brother is stationed in the (Russian) Navy right now, this is his view of things.

Related to Hong Kong: more images of Chinese mainland equipment.

They are stationed on the border - not invading Hong Kong, but close enough to send a message

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: MagneticTowels

OmniousAttributer

Mi mi mi
kiwifarms.net
The Kaliningrad naval port is not insignificant. It's not as heavily armed as Crimea, but it is a major port and plays host to the Baltic Fleet. Approximately 60 warships and a small number of subs are stationed in the fleet.

Source:

Meanwhile the Black Sea Fleet (nearest Crimea) is composed of ~50 warships and five six subs.
Source:

The significant difference is the number of soldiers stationed. Official numbers say ~25k in Crimea, where the number is negligible in Kaliningrad. I would not be surprised if there are many more ships than the recorded number stationed near Crimea, due to the hostile activities in the area.

Taking Crimea basically cut off all major supplies via water to Ukraine. I will not go on about the ethics of it, but the strategic importance is significant. The right half of Ukraine was very much cut off, basically everything right of the Dnieper (a main river) is under heavy Russian influence. Just on the other side of this waterway is Kiev. The Russians go past this river and the odds of NATO getting involved are much, much higher. Not likely, but still Putin seems to be playing it 'safe'. My brother is stationed in the (Russian) Navy right now, this is his view of things.

Related to Hong Kong: more images of Chinese mainland equipment.

They are stationed on the border - not invading Hong Kong, but close enough to send a message
Goddamn calm your autism.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino