TGWTG Hope Chapman / Jacob "Jack" Chapman / JesuOtaku - Self-loathing weaboo redneck. Blew her way to ANN gig. Goon and troon.

Captain Manning

"Good luck, kid."
kiwifarms.net
How big is RWBY?
It's pretty big for a net animation. I never watched it because I couldn't grasp why I should watch pseudo-anime when I can watch the real thing.

The biggest hit to him is gonna be when Funimation cuts ties. Which they almost assuredly will now that Monical Rial is talking mad shit about him on Twitter. ANN has a new article up, with the tweets:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-02-04/vic-mignogna-no-longer-a-member-of-rwby-cast/.142946

• Informative
Reactions: PeckingOrder

Captain Manning

"Good luck, kid."
kiwifarms.net
Think this Vic stuff deserves its thread now that's it's spiraling outta control?
I think it will be over and done with fairly soon. Once Funimation shitcans him, Hope and the other ANN spergs can declare victory. Then we can go back to poking fun at her.

My "hot take" on all this is that while I don't automatically "listen and believe," I think having a 56 year old man get grabby with the young female types at anime cons is a legit issue that any anime localizer wouldn't want to be associated with. When these VAs go to cons, they're representing the company. If what Rial is saying is true, they've told him to knock this shit off for a long time. I sorta believe that.

The yaoi thing is just dumb SJW shit, and I don't dispute ANN might have some ulterior motives here.

Hank Scorpio

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's pretty big for a net animation. I never watched it because I couldn't grasp why I should watch pseudo-anime when I can watch the real thing.

The biggest hit to him is gonna be when Funimation cuts ties. Which they almost assuredly will now that Monical Rial is talking mad shit about him on Twitter. ANN has a new article up, with the tweets:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-02-04/vic-mignogna-no-longer-a-member-of-rwby-cast/.142946
It's also no secret that a lot of the bigger names with Funimation also detest him. Such as Michael Tatum and Sonny Strait. (The latter of which absolutely avoids casting him in shit he's directing because he's a pain in the ass to work with.)

• Agree
Reactions: PeckingOrder

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
How big is RWBY?
For a show with quality somewhere around the "completely and utterly shit" level, it has become surprisingly popular. It is probably Rooster Teeth's biggest property outside RvB, and, unlike RvB, they own it completely and don't have to worry about the fact that they are using assets from an existing game.

The show has (or had) a large, rabbid, insane, loyal-to-a-fault fanbase, as you had both people who were fans of Rooster Teeth prior to RWBY and Monty Oum fans who flocked to the show in droves, alongside weebs and anime fans, and also SJWs and Tumblrinas (due to the yuri shipping).

After Monty's death, however, the show's popularity has dipped massively, and people have come to realize how shit it really is. Criticizing it is now becoming common even in dedicated fan spaces like the RWBY subreddit, though Rooster Teeth's site is still damn near an echo chamber. But its still popular enough to be one of Rooster Teeth's biggest cash cows, despite the cottage industry of RWBY criticism that has sprung up. The fan base has contracted, and, due to the weakness of the story and characters, shipping is about all the fandom has going for it, to the point I am legitimately surprised the Shipping Wars thread has not really mentioned the show.

Last edited:

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
Wait, I know Dan Olson admitted "I knew about JewWario being a rapist but kept quiet because of Gamergate" but did Hope say the same thing? Anime Outsiders might wanna check that.

Also it's kind of a bummer to see Vic's career go up in flames like this but so long as he keeps getting Broly parts he's pretty much set for life even if Funimation can him. While yes, the worst shit is just hugging and kissing and nowhere near the worst sex pred stuff to come out online in the Me Too era, that these accusations have been going around for sixteen years now is probably proof that some of the stories are legit.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Mr. 0

Saffronette

Meat Muncher
kiwifarms.net
Think this Vic stuff deserves its thread now that's it's spiraling outta control?
I don't think he needs a thread. But other people circulating the story that "he totally dun it" are more fun to laugh at. Because the "rumors" all have been the same; coming out in some sort of pattern. And it seems to be anytime he's casted in a big role.

The fact that the other VAs now all of a sudden want him gone is odd considering how they claim that they "knew all along". Like they've done the similar hugging and kissing of fans, why is it all of a sudden not OK for Vic?

I get the guy isn't perfect, but he seems like the type that wants to change and not offend anybody considering the political climate.

I absolutely dispise how this was handled and that once again it's a company that's trying to protect a slimy asshole that contributes to their cause.

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
Wait, I know Dan Olson admitted "I knew about JewWario being a rapist but kept quiet because of Gamergate" but did Hope say the same thing? Anime Outsiders might wanna check that.

Also it's kind of a bummer to see Vic's career go up in flames like this but so long as he keeps getting Broly parts he's pretty much set for life even if Funimation can him. While yes, the worst shit is just hugging and kissing and nowhere near the worst sex pred stuff to come out online in the Me Too era, that these accusations have been going around for sixteen years now is probably proof that some of the stories are legit.
I mean the most anyone can scrounge up to pin on Vic is that he made people "uncomfortable". This is small beans compared to the actual shit going on in the world today. Not to say what he did is right, if any of it is true, but to treat this guy like a sexual predator on the same level as many of the damn sex pests we cover on this site is overreaching by a country mile. And the fact is, there are ulterior motives on the part of everyone involved in this; once again, if this has been going on for 15+ years, which people like Monica Rial want us to believe, why is it only blowing up now? Why didn't she, or any of his other colleagues, come forward publicly? If this guy was really so bad, how was he still getting work? Why would woke companies like Rooster Teeth be willing to hire him, knowing the allegations, and why do the allegations only ever seem to come up whenever he gets a major role?

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
When these VAs go to cons, they're representing the company. If what Rial is saying is true, they've told him to knock this shit off for a long time. I sorta believe that.
Really, if everyone at Funimation has known of this for as long as they have, they look like total jackasses thinking they can take the moral high ground now when they should've taken action years ago if it was that bothersome. But they didn't because "I could get blacklisted" which confuses the hell out of me because as far as I know, Vic doesn't have that much power in the industry. All the stories about Vic is that he can get touchy-feely, but I don't think he's an actual rapist (meanwhile there's a shitstorm going on about Todd Haberkorn as well that sounds more serious than Vic, but haven't seen anything new about it for a few days).

We expect this shit from ANN because the community has allowed itself to be taken over by people who quickly circle the wagons yet can and will eat their own when left alone long enough. Funimation has been in business for decades through thick and thin, though I wouldn't doubt shady people managed to get into power under their noses that would allow this, yet I don't see how shitcanning Vic back then would've really hurt them outside of I guess Fullmetal Alchemist (which they didn't renew the license to, which far as I can tell hasn't actually hurt Funimation). Like if they hated his guts all this time and are looking for an excuse to get rid of him, they could've used these claims years ago after they were finished with all of FMA to wash their hands of him, but I guess it'd "look bad" on their part. And since it's been a couple of years since FMA was out of their hands, apparently there'd be less outrage over his leave (outside of his fangirls).

Doesn't look good on their part any way I look at it, though.

GeePee

kiwifarms.net
It's also no secret that a lot of the bigger names with Funimation also detest him. Such as Michael Tatum and Sonny Strait. (The latter of which absolutely avoids casting him in shit he's directing because he's a pain in the ass to work with.)
J. Michael Tatum has defended him in the past,but he has obviously changed his stance to avoid looking bad now...

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
I clearly remember her tweeting she knew all along he was a rapist. Then somebody dug up a tweet where JO was BAWWWWing about JW after his death and saying what a great guy he was.
So she's either lying about having known about it or she knew and was complicit until it was public.
Don't know if these tweets are still there or not. She blocked me a long time ago so I can't look.

Polyboros

kiwifarms.net
Way back in the day when I enjoyed Nash's content, and JO first popped up in WTF is wrong with you, I legitimately could not be sure it was female, I was pretty sure cause Nash's thirst was blatant, but JO was really setting off my Trap Sense.

I was not sure if all surprised when I heard she Trooned out, she was 85% of the way there.

Captain Manning

"Good luck, kid."
kiwifarms.net
So Jacob has actually said good things about the Alita Battle Angel film. It's a mess, but he hasn't really raged at and says the novelty alone is worth the price of admission. A part of me thinks the film might be the next Wachowski-directed Speed Racer and a cult classic in the making.
The actress in the main role is hispanic. They can't reeeeee about whitewashing this time.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino