TGWTG Hope Chapman / Jacob "Jack" Chapman / JesuOtaku - Self-loathing weaboo redneck. Blew her way to ANN gig. Goon and troon.

Captain Manning

"Good luck, kid."
kiwifarms.net
Any chance Punished Vic would Kavanaugh out of this?
Unlikely. He doesn't have a backer on high like Kavanaugh did. I don't think Funimation would give a shit about throwing him under the bus.

Dude is 56 years old. Most of his best roles are behind him. He's not an irreplaceable asset.

People are saying the things he's accused of are pretty weak sauce. I get that. He didn't rape anybody. But I also try to see this from Funimation's view (which shouldn't be conflated with the SJW view). They don't really want to be bringing this guy to cons anymore if he has a rep for pawing the weebs without permission, and cons probably don't want to issue him badges anymore. This makes him useless as a means of promoting a product.

Or will he Gawker ANN?
He'd have to show that the info they posted was substantially untrue and malicious. While those fucks are certainly malicious, it doesn't seem like they stepped over any line with the truth. This is why a lot of people consider the charges fairly weak.

Reactions: BlueSpark

Archeopthryx

kiwifarms.net
Unlikely. He doesn't have a backer on high like Kavanaugh did. I don't think Funimation would give a shit about throwing him under the bus.

Dude is 56 years old. Most of his best roles are behind him. He's not an irreplaceable asset.

People are saying the things he's accused of are pretty weak sauce. I get that. He didn't rape anybody. But I also try to see this from Funimation's view (which shouldn't be conflated with the SJW view). They don't really want to be bringing this guy to cons anymore if he has a rep for pawing the weebs without permission, and cons probably don't want to issue him badges anymore. This makes him useless as a means of promoting a product.

He'd have to show that the info they posted was substantially untrue and malicious. While those fucks are certainly malicious, it doesn't seem like they stepped over any line with the truth. This is why a lot of people consider the charges fairly weak.
That makes me sad and my justice boner soft.

Captain Manning

"Good luck, kid."
kiwifarms.net
The biggest thing Vic probably has is that at least one of the kiss pictures that ANN used was from a fan who said that the kiss was entirely consensual and she had no problem with it.
Yeah, there's probably some parts of it that are bullshit to where he could get some counter punches in, but Vic is giving a lot of tearful apologies, so I think he ain't gonna sue.

nlanpro

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, there's probably some parts of it that are bullshit to where he could get some counter punches in, but Vic is giving a lot of tearful apologies, so I think he ain't gonna sue.
Me thinks he doesn't even know about Hazukari's bullshit and the sudden rise to attack him by ANN. So if someone were to tell him why he did it. Oh boy, will that be an interesting development.

Edit. Apparently he might take action soon.

Last edited:

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net
ANN is clearly doing this to divert attention away from the sex pest in their ranks. Vic being a creepy old dude isn't new information. There wasn't some incident at a con recently that sent them off. They conveniently decided to dust that off after one of their buds was caught doing worse. Don't know or really care what Marzgirl is doing. If this is some atonement for JewWario, I don't think that's an equivalent exchange.
Considering moderators had to step in and say if you bring up "unrelated, off topic stuff" you'll be immediately banned after someone mentioned the Justin Sevakis thing in one of their Vic threads, as well as one of the ANN editors flagging YouTuber and accusing them of being Nazis for making neutral videos on the Vic thing. They're definately keeping a tight lid on the shady stuff attributed to them.

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
Considering moderators had to step in and say if you bring up "unrelated, off topic stuff" you'll be immediately banned after someone mentioned the Justin Sevakis thing in one of their Vic threads, as well as one of the ANN editors flagging YouTuber and accusing them of being Nazis for making neutral videos on the Vic thing. They're definately keeping a tight lid on the shady stuff attributed to them.
Who's Sevakis?

Reactions: BlueSpark

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
Who's Sevakis?
He has the role of "Answerman" on ANN (recent example article). Last month he released a letter he wrote to Twitter explaining why it's bullshit he was put on the list of alleged sex offenders because he has a past history with the woman who posted the entry, Emma Bowers, who may be one of the ones involved with this shitshow (but her Twitter's private and I can't find the list, not sure if it was ever archived, but she doesn't appear to have been the one in charge of putting together the list).
01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

Last edited:

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net
He has the role of "Answerman" on ANN (recent example article). Last month he released a letter he wrote to Twitter explaining why it's bullshit he was put on the list of alleged sex offenders because he has a past history with the woman who posted the entry, Emma Bowers (don't know if she wrote it), who may be one of the ones responsible for this shitshow (but her Twitter's private and I can't find the list, not sure if it was ever archived).
How does a grown man write this without instinctively killing himself

• Agree
Reactions: Jaimas

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
For a show with quality somewhere around the "completely and utterly shit" level, it has become surprisingly popular. It is probably Rooster Teeth's biggest property outside RvB, and, unlike RvB, they own it completely and don't have to worry about the fact that they are using assets from an existing game.

The show has (or had) a large, rabbid, insane, loyal-to-a-fault fanbase, as you had both people who were fans of Rooster Teeth prior to RWBY and Monty Oum fans who flocked to the show in droves, alongside weebs and anime fans, and also SJWs and Tumblrinas (due to the yuri shipping).

After Monty's death, however, the show's popularity has dipped massively, and people have come to realize how shit it really is. Criticizing it is now becoming common even in dedicated fan spaces like the RWBY subreddit, though Rooster Teeth's site is still damn near an echo chamber. But its still popular enough to be one of Rooster Teeth's biggest cash cows, despite the cottage industry of RWBY criticism that has sprung up. The fan base has contracted, and, due to the weakness of the story and characters, shipping is about all the fandom has going for it, to the point I am legitimately surprised the Shipping Wars thread has not really mentioned the show.
And it's not only the post-Monty seasons that get criticized. They're even going back and claiming that even the Monty-helmed seasons were just as, if not even more, shitty as Vol. 4 onward.

'Course everything RT does is shit (even RvB in its entirety), but that's what I'm seeing. All I wonder is how they're going to handle Qrow for Vol. 7 and if they're going to recast him, keep him, but leave him as a silent background character or just kill him off.

Captain Manning

"Good luck, kid."
kiwifarms.net
Who's Sevakis?
Justin Sevakis founded ANN back in 1998, and was their Editor in Chief for many years. Used to be a fansubber. He also does DVD mastering work for Discotek (which Bowers tried to get him fired from).

His relevance is what @Kari Kamiya said. He got #metooed in an autistic way, and they kinda brushed it under the table.

her Twitter's private and I can't find the list, not sure if it was ever archived, but she doesn't appear to have been the one in charge of putting together the list
Bowers didn't do the spreadsheet, although I think she submitted his name to it (he's since been removed). Kotaku did an article on this where they said the author is known simply as "the Moderator."

https://kotaku.com/as-spreadsheet-of-accused-abusers-spreads-anime-conven-1831879237

I'd honestly like to see the thing myself.

EDIT: Typos.

Last edited:

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
Why are we supposed to believe Justin Sevakis is innocent but we're supposed to believe Vic is guilty?
"Believe these women, but don't listen to these ones!" ??????

Captain Manning

"Good luck, kid."
kiwifarms.net
Why are we supposed to believe Justin Sevakis is innocent but we're supposed to believe Vic is guilty?
"Believe these women, but don't listen to these ones!" ??????
I think Justin is innocent. The claim against him is one of the most autistic #metoos ever. Bowers is cray-cray, and possibly even thirsty.

But yeah, there is a double standard. I also think Vic's position on yaoi is why they've been chomping at the the bit to burn him for so long.

And if Hope ever retweets Hazukari again, she's gonna have some 'splanin to do to her SJW allies.

Alberto Balsalm

No Xmas for John Quays
kiwifarms.net
BTW, I went ahead and archived the claim against Hazukari. Nobody else apparently has.

Original: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqpl78
Archive: http://archive.li/VdnYh

It's relevant not just because of the Vic shit show, but because Hope is apparently friends with him.
Hazukari got yanked from ANN within 24 hours of the accusations being publicized:
upload_2019-2-6_20-50-18.png

upload_2019-2-6_20-50-25.png

upload_2019-2-6_20-50-36.png

Hazukari himself has been entirely silent on Twitter since then, and he's basically been blackballed by everyone who used to know him. tbqh I'm pretty sure Anime Outsiders is wildly exaggerating this story to get revenge for their beloved Vic-sama.

Last edited:

Captain Manning

"Good luck, kid."
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure Anime Outsiders is wildly exaggerating this story to get revenge for their beloved Vic-sama.
Oh, no doubt. There's a fair amount of autism from the pro-Vic camp. Which is why I tried to focus on why there might be a grain of truth in the accusations, and why it might be a good idea for Funi to say adios.

I actually disagree pulling everything Hazukari wrote. I don't fucking get people who do that. They really don't grasp the art vs. artist argument at all. Is Hope gonna burn her FMA box sets if it has the English dub with Vic in it?

Sure, don't allow him to work for you anymore. But memory holing stuff is straight outta 1984.

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
I think Justin is innocent.
Oh yeah, probably. But I don't understand why he gets a "of course this ho is lying" pass from everyone and he gets to have his name stricken from that secret witch hunt list. Because he runs the website, I guess, and controls the narrative?
By the way, is this list available to view anywhere?

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah, probably. But I don't understand why he gets a "of course this ho is lying" pass from everyone and he gets to have his name stricken from that secret witch hunt list. Because he runs the website, I guess, and controls the narrative?
By the way, is this list available to view anywhere?
Anime News Network knows who this "the Moderator" is and was able to get his name pulled off the list almost immediately.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino