TGWTG Hope Chapman / Jacob "Jack" Chapman / JesuOtaku - Self-loathing weaboo redneck. Blew her way to ANN gig. Goon and troon.

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
Anime News Network's co-founder and current columnist admits there are worse people than Mignogna in the industry. They just aren't going to report on them for some reason.
View attachment 669874
http://archive.li/1KNip
True beacons of justice.
That's like the equivalent of not reporting in a tip about a person wanted by the authorities because the reward is not up to your standards, or you're protecting said-wanted person.

Logarithm

kiwifarms.net
Ehhhhh, I mean I watched her reviews and the like and didn't mind them, but when compared to the other anime reviewers from TGWTG, I was more entertained by Suede and Sage than Hope--still am, too.
I mean, entertainment factor aside, she was a girl then and that gets you instant nerd cred and white knights even if she was maybe a 3 or 4 at most, but she doesn't even have that anymore.

SiccDicc

Ratatatatatatatatatat!
kiwifarms.net
It's all fairly direct. Eren's relatives lived in a place resembling Nazi Germany, and were required to wear a star symbol in public at all times.

View attachment 667115
View attachment 667116

WWII imagery has been an acknowledged inspiration for the manga for quite a while, though, and people have been accusing Isayama of being a far-right war crime apologist for just as long.
If there was a race of people that could - with little to no understanding by the populace at large - transform into monsters that eat everyone in sight and were descendants of an empire that unleashed said monsters into the world to conquer and effectively did conquer... that maybe it's not such a bad idea to want them gone? Yeah? Not that this new formerly oppressed empire is much better, mind you, using that same power for the same reason. The King that started this mess was basically a bleeding heart that decided it'd be a good idea to just immediately return land to a bunch of people that hated them because his great great granddaddy was an asshole -- kinda like a certain country in Africa, right? The one that's killing all the farmers of a certain skin color? Basically for a supposedly enlightened people and King with the memories of all the royalty before him he done did a stupid thing.

Truth be told the author of Attack on Titan is woke as fuck about cyclical hatred and seems to hate extremism in general, even now his main protagonist is becoming a villain. Admittedly, he didn't really want this manga to be popular as he had a story in mind that led to no happy endings and it just being a short horror story. The fact it got popular made him shift gears and go down this road.
...The media doesn't want to report on these people because they don't make for good stories? You are the fucking media! What kind of excuse is that?
They probably don't want to report because those people are politically aligned and otherwise would rock the boat pretty hard killing any chance these losers have at stardom. Remember, this media is nearly identical to video games journalism in that they're using it as a way in to an industry through nepotism/cronyism because they don't have the talent to get in on their own merits. Since they lack any.

El Porko Fako

Mr. Cranky Pants
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jesuotaku was a really good review show, but the spark is gone and there's a good number of anime reviewers out there these days.
Considering his main competition are people like Digibro, Mother's Basement, and Pedantic Romantic, it wouldn't be that hard to take that Top Anime Youtuber crown. In retrospect though, back when Jack was doing Jesuotaku, the reviews really weren't all that bad when you compare to the garbage you see today. The videos are pretty dated at this point, but they were pretty alright. I don't think it's so much that the reviewing bug isn't there, it's just that Chapman cannot separate politics from any form of entertainment they consume at this point in there life. They take the MovieBob approach of "everything is inherently political."

If anyone of these anime reviewers could rub two braincells together and 1) make their content apolitical and not alienate half of their potential audience and 2) Not be a pretentious dill weed like Digibro, their content would improve tremendously and they could probably garner a decent sized audience.

Ceci

kiwifarms.net
Considering his main competition are people like Digibro, Mother's Basement, and Pedantic Romantic, it wouldn't be that hard to take that Top Anime Youtuber crown. In retrospect though, back when Jack was doing Jesuotaku, the reviews really weren't all that bad when you compare to the garbage you see today. The videos are pretty dated at this point, but they were pretty alright. I don't think it's so much that the reviewing bug isn't there, it's just that Chapman cannot separate politics from any form of entertainment they consume at this point in there life. They take the MovieBob approach of "everything is inherently political."

If anyone of these anime reviewers could rub two braincells together and 1) make their content apolitical and not alienate half of their potential audience and 2) Not be a pretentious dill weed like Digibro, their content would improve tremendously and they could probably garner a decent sized audience.
Probably the biggest thing hindering them right now is the fact that Jesu's videos don't really match what's currently popular for anime videos on youtube. JO does really straightforward cut and dry reviews, and very inconsistently at that, while you see people like Digibro putting out video essays, and Gigguk doing memey silly videos about anime right when they're at their hottest. Not to mention, JO's video editing skills really pale in comparison to other reviews nowadays, making them lag even further behind in appeal.
There's definitely an audience for super-politicized takes on anime, just look at Tumblr fandoms for any show. But I doubt JO can tap into them any time soon.

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
Maybe this is how FtM troons signal that they really are total dudebros plagued with toxic masculinity...
"I came in expecting a movie about an attractive lady person but my masculine genitals were dry the whole movie! GRRRR that makes me want to punch a thing!"

Alberto Balsalm

No Xmas for John Quays
kiwifarms.net
God shes a turd.

I still don't know why she decided to delete all her old anime reviews because honey....people save that shit. It's all archived.

Trying to erase it by putting it in the same box as her female characteristics that she wants expunged?
IIRC, didn't that get preemptively nuked because Metokur was going through a bunch of old TGWTG drama? And then he didn't end up covering JO at all?

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino