TGWTG Hope Chapman / Jacob "Jack" Chapman / JesuOtaku - Self-loathing weaboo redneck. Blew her way to ANN gig. Goon and troon.

REGENDarySumanai

Perpetually in thought
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He was a dick, but the news brings me no pleasure.

If you've listened to enough ANNCast episodes, as I have, it becomes apparent Hope wore the pants in that relationship, and probably talked him into a fair amount of stupid bullshit. Hope, way more than he, was the one that always took anime reviews into discussions about how "problematic" things in anime are. I think he was probably completely lost when Hope left him.

Basically, Hope is way worse than he was.

I'd like to think ANN would feel uncomfortable and dump Hope, since Zac got them the gig in the first place, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

It's a pity LordKat isn't on the Farms anymore. He hates Hope and would probably have a good take here.
No one likes that narcissistic rat. Every thing she has ever gotten was by sexual favors and under the table deals.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I'm sure being a self loathing white male who was very likely straight but pretended to be bisexual when his GF came out as a troon to avoid getting cancelled (and possibly because he really did love her, which might be even sadder) didn't help at all.

Bertschy's untimely demise should stand as a warning of what the ideal life and position of a white dude is to the ingsoc crowd and where it leads. This is what a "privilege conscious" life looks like. Always feeling guilty for existing, never allowed to be yourself, your problems and feelings are always bottom priority.
You've hit the nail on the head just how truly despicable, dangerous and evil the social justice warrior culture is or as you dub it the "ingsoc crowd" which is also perfect.

Zac's suicide makes me think of Winston Smith broken at the end of 1984, but Winston was at least still alive.

While Zac was clearly someone who suffered from personal issues from the start, I do think it was the SJW culture of the 2010s that finally did the guy in for good and that is an absoutely chilling thought.

Captain Manning

He's on par with Santa Claus and has six locks!
kiwifarms.net
I might not have personally liked him, but some of his reviews actually did get a laugh from me back in the day. I'm sorry he had to go like this.
His Earth Maiden Ajuna review, on ANNCast, was pretty funny and surprisingly "unprogressive." Zac really gave Kawamori a lot of shit for his wing nut environmentalist views. I was rather pleasantly surprised.

I also generally agree with Zac there's too much goddamned Moe these days.

He also straight up hated pedos.

Point here is he had a few redeeming characteristics. His biggest problem was that he threw in with the biggest toxic culture of all. He became an asshole because of that. He wasn't a good person in the end, but he wasn't Satan incarnate. It's sometimes difficult to see distinct personalities in an SJW hive mind.

Unlike AnOminous, I don't wish him an eternity in Hell. He had that with Hope, I imagine. I just hope (ugh) he finds some semblance of peace in the afterlife.

Fuck Hope.

Chickenfoot

kiwifarms.net
Some people are going to joke that him lying about Vic is what caused him to kill himself. Another reason could be caused by this Virus. He can't legally get out of the house so maybe he killed himself because he has no one but himself to blame. I doubt him lying about Vic had anything to do with killing himself. Plus, he lives in Canada. How can he kill himself if he has no gun? So many questions that will sadly never get answered cause he's dead.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What an absolute fucking travesty. I first learned about Zac and his "boyfriend" thanks to Weeb Wars. His death honestly makes me mad on the internet. Let's not kid ourselves here. He fell in love with a fucking sociopath who drained him for all he was until he was a husk so broken he took the easy way out. ANN not calling this out simply makes them complicit in his death.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
His Earth Maiden Ajuna review, on ANNCast, was pretty funny and surprisingly "unprogressive." Zac really gave Kawamori a lot of shit for his wing nut environmentalist views. I was rather pleasantly surprised.

I also generally agree with Zac there's too much goddamned Moe these days.

He also straight up hated pedos.

Point here is he had a few redeeming characteristics. His biggest problem was that he threw in with the biggest toxic culture of all. He became an asshole because of that. He wasn't a good person in the end, but he wasn't Satan incarnate. It's sometimes difficult to see distinct personalities in an SJW hive mind.

Unlike AnOminous, I don't wish him an eternity in Hell. He had that with Hope, I imagine. I just hope (ugh) he finds some semblance of peace in the afterlife.

Fuck Hope.
That was one of the best episodes I heard, from the last year, 2015, the podcast was worth listening to.

The guy absolutely used to be an entertaining dude, sure he was always cynical and could be a bit of a dick, but he wasn't Satan incarnate as you say, he also used to be a lot better but took a downward spiral, if things had gone differently maybe he could have become a better person.

I definitely think there's a tragic element to his death.

The Mass Shooter Ron Soye

🖩🍸🔫 :) :) :) 😷
kiwifarms.net

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
What an absolute fucking travesty. I first learned about Zac and his "boyfriend" thanks to Weeb Wars. His death honestly makes me mad on the internet. Let's not kid ourselves here. He fell in love with a fucking sociopath who drained him for all he was until he was a husk so broken he took the easy way out. ANN not calling this out simply makes them complicit in his death.
Well, it's only been one day since he died. It should get interesting in a few weeks. I really doubt any of Zac's family or colleagues liked the bitch. If she loses her job, we'll know what's up.

Shield Breaker

^_^
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He was always a negative presence in anime fandom. Even before cancel culture, he took great pleasure in punishing, censoring, and banning people on the ANN forums.
If this had happened a decade ago, I'd be thrilled. It's true nothing of value will be lost by his death, but nothing will be gained by it either. These days, thousands of Zacs have infiltrated our fandoms.

After the initial shock and adrenaline rush of hearing the news first thing in the morning, I just feel nothing now. And I think ultimately, he will be forgotten and have no legacy.
Dude, what the fuck? He was an asshole and a jannie (same thing), but getting an adrenaline rush because of him killing himself?

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
What are the odds Hope is going to join the 50% following her bf?
Knowing how toxic things were between them, I actually can't help but wonder if she's secretly proud she may have driven him to an hero.

Not defending him. Guy was a very clearly mentally unstable and toxic personality who seemed to love wallowing in self pity, but you only need look at the relationship... speaks for itself.

Captain Manning

He's on par with Santa Claus and has six locks!
kiwifarms.net
Dude, what the fuck? He was an asshole and a jannie (same thing), but getting an adrenaline rush because of him killing himself?
I think he means the shocking aspect of it and the manic flood of thoughts and emotions that oftentimes comes with shocking things. Not that he was happy.

To be honest, when I found out, I had to process a fair number of thoughts. Some conflicting. I ultimately came to the conclusion this is more of a tragedy than anything, and now I loathe Hope even more.

I Love Beef

Bell peppers and bee- HEY WAIT A SEC WHERE'S THE B
kiwifarms.net
Travelotron speaks the truth. Granted I'm not in macabre joy or festivity over this, but he practically used ANN as his mouthpiece and as a societal influencer (well for what it's worth, through the anime industry) than actually do anything constructive. Saying there's too much moe? That's alright. Claiming Japan is a bunch of children rapers because you don't have new anime that is about giant robots and "artistic works" to appease people (ie snooty faggot pretentious film faggots and deplorable losers out in shitstained Hollywood, California of all places, in Zac's case) who will never like you? You then just pulled off the equivalent of a hardcore anti gay Republican agenda that will eventually nail you in a trucker gas station sucking dicks through peepholes.

Zac was also as much of an escapist loser in his waking life as a holed up basement dweller, and refused to take responsibility to fix his own problems. As soon as Japan wasn't making anything that was making him cool, he saw his safespace bubble pop faster than the 1991 Japan Bubble Crash and the 2008 Great Recession combined, and went full whine and wine. Yes he was a lush.

For all of his claims about "taste" and wanting to be a critic, he fucking sucked at hindsight and reflection, and boy, was he a projecting asshole. Again, may his God have mercy on his soul.