TGWTG Hope Chapman / Jacob "Jack" Chapman / JesuOtaku - Self-loathing weaboo redneck. Blew her way to ANN gig. Goon and troon.

I Love Beef

Yo kid, you want sum o dis whiskey?
kiwifarms.net
The State of the Jacob (as they themselves called it on Twitter).

New information(?): Zac drank himself to death. Other than that we've got a lot of self-pity and Jacob trying to figure out what the hell they're doing to do with their life for the twentieth time in two years or something.
Karma's a real bitch. I'd drink myself to death too if I was some loser who invested my entire life's efforts into baselessly criticizing animation and cartoons from Japan on my entitled ass and think I'd get laid and paid simply for tastes in entertainment, while pissing everyone else off and stepping on toes along the way just to shamelessly show the world in a vapidly arrogant way. By the way, watch out Hope, I think that kind of person is on Death's priority list this year.

Jacob Hope Chapman said:
So anyway, I've been re-traumatized for a while. I've lived an extraordinarily weird and intense 30 years, folks. If you don't want to read me blatherin' on about my life story, you should skip to the next dotted section. But the silence and stillness of quarantine has just allowed everything to catch up with me, and I'm in a writing mood for the first time in a long time, so it looks like it's all gonna come spilling out. I survived being raised in a deeply abusive evangelical household. That fucked up child-me pretty good on its own, but the actual process of cutting myself off from a hateful family that had purposely left me ill-equipped to navigate the real world remains the hardest thing I've ever done to this day. I was 19 years old??? Looking back now, I am shocked that I actually left the protection of my only family and sacrificed my chance at a college education on nothing but the hope that I would be happier living without their abuse, but I was right! I've never once regretted that choice. Being young and stupid enough to not really understand the risks paid off, and I will always count myself lucky for surviving that gamble.
So do you think that allows you the right to still be an entitled brat outside of that household too? How was that townhouse you stole from your ex boyfriend Nash Bozard, Hope? Did the money from that fall through too? Was the fool and his money soon departed as the saying goes?

Jacob Hope Chapman said:
Then I survived the wild nightmare of achieving "internet fame" in the now-infamously toxic TGWTG community. That one fucked up a lot of folks. I watched that years-long fiasco absolutely break people's minds, and the scum and villainy it enabled still echoes in online hate groups today. In the process of leaving TGWTG, I faced a new breed of harassment campaigning, a mini-Gamergate of doxxing and threats that I now recognize as a foreshock to the earthquake that would become Gamergate the following year. I weathered this storm in 2013 with no resources or awareness for what I was going through, and even as I fought back, I punished myself for it, still too naive and consumed in self-hatred to understand that these attacks were not my fault. There are still people who hang out on depressing corners of the internet to obsess over my personal life and fantasize about hurting me, in the year of our lord 2020. What can I say but yikes.
wooooo woooooo wooooooo we're the boogiemen woooooooo

And all of this coming from the smarmy crocodile tear shedding grifting penis grafter. Might I remind the crowd that you sold out your first group, the Desu Des Brigade, for TGWTG, and tried to ride off of Noah Antwiler's sexual controversy when it was Lupa pre-CTC who called him out?

You're so pathetic post TGWTG, you can't even get a thread in Rat Kings. Go along with Lupa and throw yourselves out into a river in Southeast Asia somewhere, preferably with actual crocodiles. I think you'll contribute more to life there than your self indulgent internet pity party or a life being a crackhead and druggie on the streets.

By the way, "Whimsical Weeb" isn't something you get money for calling people, for if it was up to me, I'd let you learn why they call the gutter "Skid Row" and "the Streets" and why people leave their trash there. Go beg your co workers at ANN for help, Hope. I think they'll help you. Maybe. I hope "rotten cheap loose easy money chasing mutilated groin being" is on their list of people they consider to have empathy for; they seem so bluepilled they and their fans just might.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I survived being raised in a deeply abusive evangelical household. That fucked up child-me pretty good on its own

And is Hope ever going to go into detail as to how abusive her family was? Unless she came from an actual cult, having like a curfew and not being allowed to watch certain shows and movies even with the V-chip activated isn't abusive, but being whipped raw while working on the farm and being sent to school without clean clothes and food on a regular basis is.

Jelly Duvall

I've got red in my ledger
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The State of the Jacob (as they themselves called it on Twitter).

New information(?): Zac drank himself to death. Other than that we've got a lot of self-pity and Jacob trying to figure out what the hell they're doing to do with their life for the twentieth time in two years or something.

COUGH COUGH lmao what
okay.gif

Thats even sadder that he drank himself to death. You could have a least gotten hit by a Guinness truck.

She's just doing the depressed victim complex thing because its a pandemic and she can't do shit right now.

Isn't there something non media based she could do?

And I agree...wtf happened with her family. Are they on any social media?

Bottom line is that this bitch didn't try to help him at all. She's an enabler

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember Zac talking about drinking and being a pothead before he got with Hope. Being alone might've pushed him over the edge but the problem was likely always there.

Hope of course would've known about this, so her trooning out to force him to become bisexual to not be left alone anymore only to then leave him anyway is still her being a cruel, evil bitch using and breaking people to get ahead. She clearly isn't torn up by Zac's death, not when she was able to do what she wanted with his belongings over the family.

GaryPotter

Please be patient I have autism
kiwifarms.net
Zac was a drinker long before Hope came along. I remember him talking about it on the ANN forums back in the mid-aughts.

He was just your typical fat lonely miserable fuck. Always attacking people on the forums and bitching about their behavior and banning people for any reason he wanted. I got banned in 2008 when I laughed at him for getting very upset at the closing of Anime Insider (a shitty US anime mag that he had worked at after college). It's too bad most of his tweets were lost when @ANNZac got hacked because they were a great portal into his mind. He was always white-knighting Hope every chance he got and really went off the deep end with GamerGate. There were literally thousands of posts he made about GG using every soy word in the book.

Rest in Pepperoni, Zac.

I Love Beef

Yo kid, you want sum o dis whiskey?
kiwifarms.net
Anime Insider (a shitty US anime mag that he had worked at after college)
Topless Robot said:
Robert Bricken is one of the original co-founders of the site formerly known as Topless Robot, and its first editor-in-chief, serving from 2008-12. He brought the site to prominence with “nerd news, humor and self-loathing” as its motto, raising it from total internet obscurity to a readership in the millions, with help from his savage “FAQ” movie reviews and Fan Fiction Fridays. Under his tenure Topless Robot was covered by Gawker, Wired, Defamer, New York magazine, ABC News, and others, and his articles have been praised by Roger Ebert, Avengers actor Clark Gregg, comedian and The Daily Show correspondent John Hodgman, the stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Rifftrax, and others. He is currently the managing editor of io9.com. Despite decades as both an amateur and professional nerd, he continues to be completely unprepared for either the zombie apocalypse or the robot uprising.

Fuck.

I just heard from my friends that Wizard Entertainment shut down Anime Insider magazine. The staff — including my good friends Summer Mullins and Angela Hanson — were fired. I hope you guys will cut me a break for this post, since I’m genuinely sad about this; not just for Summer and Angela, but because Anime Insider was a very big part of my life for a very long time.

When I was in college, ToyFare magazine was my dream job, and I was beyond thrilled to get hired at Wizard to work on the mag in 2001. When I arrived, Wizard had just put out Anime Invasion, a special one-time mag, in hopes making it regular. I liked anime a fair amount, but didn’t consider myself an otaku, but when I read the mag it was clear no one on staff knew anything about anime (my normal joke is that I was the only guy at Wizard who knew why goku’s hair turned yellow sometimes). Although I loved ToyFare, I saw an opportunity, and took it.

I got put on Anime Invasion with issue #1, which quickly because Anime Insider because someone upstairs at Wizard realized someone else had a copyright on Anime Invasion. When I was subordinate, I fought like hell to make it more than a DBZ/Yu-Gi-Oh mag. It started quarterly, and I fought to make it monthly. After its initial design, which looked like a Hypercolor shirt threw up on it, I fought to get a redesign with a modern, mature look. I suceeeded in all this, thanks to people like Summer, Zac Bertschy, Kara Reynolds, Todd Ciolek, Miguel Betita, Arlene So (who nailed the redesign singlehandedly, actually — I just asked for it) Doug Goldstein, Andrew Kardon, and more.

When I was put in charge, I tried to make it a magazine for all levels of anime fans, where new kids would learn more about the genre, and hardcore fans would learn some good stuff and be entertained, if nothing else. Whether I succeeded in that is arguable, but I was Editor from issues #20-36, and I worked like hell at it. It’s been 30 issues since I’ve been a staff member (although I did the mail column for a good chunk of that time), but I can tell you I’ve never had any job that consumed me more. I worked late nights. I went to cons on weekends. I flew to Japan 10 times for features and interviews. I had insomnia, because I couldn’t stop thinking/planning/worrying about the magazine. I’m not saying that was healthy, but I hope understand me why this news makes me so sad. I lived and breathed that magazine for six years. And now it’s gone.

I don’t want to get into the Wizard hate here, although lord knows I could. I just want to say that Anime Insider allowed me to meet a lot of wonderful people, both co-workers, folks in the now nearly defunct U.S. anime
industry, creators in Japan, and most of all, the anime fans. I know
anime fans can be insane, but meeting them at cons, and later, when I
did the mail colum for AI, I can tell you that I’ve met all subsets of
fandom and anime fans can be some of the nicest, sweetest nerds you’ll ever know, even if they are far too concerned about who Naruto’s father is.

Suffice to say, I guarantee I wouldn’t be here writing Topless Robot if it weren’t for Anime Insider, and for that — and many other things — I am extremely grateful. and sad, because it is gone.

Looks like this rabbit hole goes deeper in the nepotism department. i09, Gawker, Kotaku.... And ANN and That Guy With The Glasses?

Man, take it as a red flag that self depreciation and being a nerd is a sign of extreme projection and pent up self pity.

Jacob Hope Chapman said:
As global warming and this present pandemic continue to crush the earth, and what may be my country's last free election looms on the horizon, I spent the months after Zac's passing wondering if it was wrong for me to continue pursuing a life writing about cartoons. I've probed the heights and depths of the U.S. anime industry for as long as I've been old enough to work, so even though I'm only 30, I can't help but wonder if I'm too old to continue devoting my life to this.

I have a new one. "Learn, faggot".

RisingPheonix

I came here to squark at you
kiwifarms.net
I remember Zac talking about drinking and being a pothead before he got with Hope. Being alone might've pushed him over the edge but the problem was likely always there.

There's been previous posts about Zac being an alcoholic and having suicidal depression. There was a blog he occasionally posted to prior to his death and it only seemed to "get better" around the time he married Jacob - which likely was more that the relationship temporarily was more addictive than the booze and drugs. Then the posts slowly slide more into "wow I'm an asshole and want to die" and "everyone else is an asshole and I want to die"

I'ld almost wager Jacob actually prolonged his life, as it sounds like he became a caretaker who likely had to deal with whatever Zac was like at his worst on the regular. He sounded like a miserable sod from a public view - so lord knows what he was like when he was totally blotto and angry/depressed at home as Jacob's few posts on the matter suggest the pity parties and "if you leave, I'll kill myself" guilt trips were likely common.

I think that's mostly how this whole thing happened anyway. Zac seemed at least occasionally aware of what a mess he was, and knowing that - he was desperate to hang on to the one person in his life that hadn't entirely given up on him. So despite Hope trying to maybe turn down the relationship somehow, he kept going "uhh no that's fine, you do that! (just keep me around ok??) "

ChikoForce

kiwifarms.net
Jacob Hope Chapman said:
There are still people who hang out on depressing corners of the internet to obsess over my personal life and fantasize about hurting me, in the year of our lord 2020. What can I say but yikes.
As usual, Jacob's more full of shit than a toilet the night after Thanksgiving. No one in this thread has expressed a desire or made plans to hurt Jacob in any way. Indeed, such things would go directly against the rules of this site. Jacob's just trying to garner sympathy and e-cred by pretending that people laughing at his hypocrisy and vileness means he's in direct danger or something.

Autumnal Equinox

Eager for fun
kiwifarms.net
Rent free.

Does anyone even remember her? Her most popular reviews were over a decade ago at this point.

The only thing I ever saw her in was some crossover review with Doug. Thought she was annoying so I never checked out her other stuff.

Learned about all her nasty habits and history of backstabbing everyone in sight from Metekor and LordKat's old streams.

• Agree
Reactions: I Love Beef