TGWTG Hope Chapman / Jacob "Jack" Chapman / JesuOtaku - Self-loathing weaboo redneck. Blew her way to ANN gig. Goon and troon.

BHWuser

kiwifarms.net
I doubt it. Even if you ask weebs today, I don't think over 90% even remember him except as that one dude who wrote laughable articles on ANN.
I remember that if you mixed her with Bennet the Sage you get a C- anime reviewer. She was not terrible to look at, and could do some analysis, but was boring as all fuck. Bennet was entertaining, but an ugly motherfucker and couldn't analyize his way out of a wet paper bag.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
I remember that if you mixed her with Bennet the Sage you get a C- anime reviewer. She was not terrible to look at, and could do some analysis, but was boring as all fuck. Bennet was entertaining, but an ugly motherfucker and couldn't analyize his way out of a wet paper bag.
She might not have been terrible to look at but that doesn't mean she was good looking. She was an ugly woman and makes for an ugly guy. Can't really comment on her analysis but you're right about Bennet. His analysis was always shit but I enjoyed some of his reviews as a kind of "fast food empty calorie" kind of stuff. He was never insightful but he at least never sounded like he was some kind of expert on the genre.

PuniPuniFag

kiwifarms.net
Oh god, Bennet was such a cringe oldfag weeb. I think he's gotten better in recent years but god his reviews were so cringe.

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
My first post, and I'm going for my nemesis on TGWTG.

First off all, shout to Jelly Duvall for hating this bitch as much as I do (more or less). Second, when she come to Channel Awesome, it was a downfall for the site, in my opinion. Suede was bad, but not as terrible as Hope, who was using the power of her pussy to get what she wanted. I got banned because off Hope from TGWTG and on Spoonys Forums (by Scarlett), but I have no regrets. I started hating on Hope the moment she stopped doing regular reviews (of the Anime shows she watched until that point, and it shows) and started making excuses for not making content, like "My computer is broken", "I'm moving", "I'm branching into other stuff" and the list went on. Her whiteknights started defending her in that "look at her tweeter feed" kind of way, like some Spoony braindead cult and she made less and less review content because of the support from the site and fanbase.

As for the "coming out trans", look, I have no problem with the trans stuff, but everything about it was so artificial, unnatural and fake.

As for Sage, first off, "Oldtaku" is a stupid term made by him. Second, he isn't a true Otaku, more of a casual fan. Third, there was a member on the site, PsyhoOtaku, who was a JewWarios friend (his collection of Anime and Manga is behind Hope, during the Nostalgia Critic/Jesuotaku crossover of Digimon the Movie). Fourth, Sage is boring, unfunny and he is just makes videos based on wikipedia and IMDB facts. In the end, Psyhotaku was the only Otaku on the site, Hope was and still is a weed brought by Cyborcat and Lee from StillGaming, who lobbied for her. Sage was fine as video game reviewer (because his strength lies in facts, not humor) so as "Nostalgia Critic for Anime" he fails badly.

AutoGuyNoFile

Autoguys...transition and troon out!
kiwifarms.net
I...cannot believe someone thought Psychotaku was good. I watched one review of his, a One Piece plug n' play game and it was the most uninformative trash I ever saw (I was actually thinking about importing one) as he spent the entire review mugging for the camera and playing up how Japanese he was by streaching out every single word and not describing ANYTHING about how the damn unit worked! It was unwatchable. I'm sure he's a cool guy IRL but his review persona was the actual worst.

Bennet is both appreciated and annoying. I like that he reviews old stuff, but at the same time if Bennet is an "Oldtaku" because he started with Toonami, what does that make the guys before that? Paleotakus? Also always found it weird that he bases his reviews off dubs.

As for Hope, I did think she was cute in an average sort of way. I might have a soft spot for fish lips. Her Digimon reviews were pretty alright.

But fuck me her trans shit is so fake. I remember looking up Suede's Pokemon reviews on YouTube and at the end of one (the Holy Matrimony episode I think it was called, the one with Jessibelle in it) he had a special guest come on to talk about how James from Pokemon helped them realize who they were and come out as a gay man. After that person's spiel, Suede announced that that was Jake Chapman of Anime News Network and I LAUGHED MY FUCKING ASS OFF. Really bitch? You watched so much Pokemon you decided you were a gay man?! No. No you're a dumb fujoshi who fucked up.

That said I am thuroughly disappointed that not a single one of you fuckers call her Jesuotoko. Y'all fail at being weebs.

I Love Beef

Yo kid, you want sum o dis whiskey?
kiwifarms.net
That said I am thuroughly disappointed that not a single one of you fuckers call her Jesuotoko. Y'all fail at being weebs.
There's a reason why I call her Harry and Hope Chapman than ever honor the idea that she ever had an interest in anime. You need to study more about her and realize how much of an atrocity she is as much as as a living joke.

And if you call me a weeb, go fuck yourself. There's a reason why that's a pejorative noun. Dysphoric self-pity humor faggots be dammed.
if Bennet is an "Oldtaku" because he started with Toonami, what does that make the guys before that? Paleotakus?
Bennet is a lardass belly tossing posturing poser who should remain as the attention and vindication starved weeaboo he is than ever to be entertaining with the thought of "criticism". He and Hope help to represent everything that's wrong with the western anime fandom at large.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net

Don't wanna bother giving him/her/it the pleasure. I'm sure if we did, some of her agents will forward it to her/him/xir, and she/xe/he/they will make a positive with it and roll with it and use it against us, and will go on and on and on and on, and wont stop.

• Winner
Reactions: I Love Beef

Laughingjoke2

kiwifarms.net
Hope with the right lighting, make up, and angle could occasionally look cute but that was an illusion and 99% of the time she was just a goofy looking bitch who has trooned out into one ugly looking redneck.

RX-78NT-1 Alex Gundam

The Autist who unironically studied Klingon
kiwifarms.net
As for the "coming out trans", look, I have no problem with the trans stuff, but everything about it was so artificial, unnatural and fake.
If you have a problem with everything about it being artificial, unnatural, and fake. You have a problem with "trans stuff" and trannies, They are all artificial, unnatural, and fake. Gender Dysphoria is a mental illness and often, sufferers think that transistioning is the best way to deal with either the consequences of their own stupidity or some neurotic shit they don't like about their own body. Hope is not an anomaly among trannies. In fact, she's the blueprint.

BHWuser

kiwifarms.net
Oh god, Bennet was such a cringe oldfag weeb. I think he's gotten better in recent years but god his reviews were so cringe.
I recall this fucking idiot reviewing Akira and there being an explosion in the background earlier on. Him having no fucking clue how it happened. There was an entire gag with a grenade in the film leading up to that explosion. It's not like it was hard to miss. Yet Bennet, didn't know how it happened. That's probably the pinnacle of the idiocy, but watching almost any review of his you could find shit like this that was just... completely idiotic.

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
When I sad unnatural and fake, I didn't mean the sex change. If you don't like who you are, change, nothing wrong with that. What I meant was Hope going to the street and shouting "I'm a Man!" like Linkara, and realizing that she was a man. It just feel so dishonest and fake, even she doesn't believe in that 100%. And then doing Lovely Little Thiefs crowdfunding to get the money for the surgery, with little to no rebelion from crowdfunders?

Yeah, I liked Psyhotaku stuff more then Sage or Suede, he at least felt like he was having fun with it. Also, his production level is way higher then other people on the TGWTG site.

Suede was bad and random, like an Anime version of BlockBuster Buster and Sage was trying everything before Anime reviews, from Blacksplotation reviews, over the Comic reviews, reading Funfiction and you can tell that he didnt felt natural with any of them, like he did during Game reviews. Even Marsgirl felt more earnest then Sage, at least she was into animation and stuff, she knew more about the things she was talking about, too bad she didn't have charisma to back it up, before she become insane because of Jewario fiasco.

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
I thought this guy died of the virus not suicide. Todd in the Shadows shared the memorial link since I guess he still cares about Hope? Somehow? Never heard of her soy boyfriend but the screenshots posted make him seem like a giant dick.
Rather late to the game, but Todd tweeted that he was actually friends with Zac, which is unsurprising as misery surely does love company. Said he was staying at Zac's place frequently when scoping out places to live in LA. He is also still friends with Hope, has shared a number of her money solicitations on Twitter, and they hang out. In the last podcast episode about the Rocky Horror Picture Show, Todd specifically referenced watching it with a trans guy friend who said that RHPS was a movie for non-trans people, not trans, which is very much the sort of shit narc-y take to be expected from JO. I'd actually put some money on Todd being Hope's next financial target-- he does have multiple well-funded Patreons, and has mentioned really needing more money right now what with moving to LA. It'll be interesting to see the balance of him being an easy mark vs a total skinflint as to how much she takes him for.
todd_zac.jpg

Syaoran Li

Boomer Sympathizer and Self-Hating Late Millennial
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, Bennett was probably one of the least awful of the TGWTG crew alongside Doug Walker. He was an idiot and also kind of a tryhard with his oldfag weeb shtick, but he could occasionally be mildly entertaining in a "turn your brain off" junk food sort of way.

Doug Walker could also be occasionally entertaining in the same way and he was arguably the least spergy and dysfunctional of the Channel Awesome crew but again he's the kind of guy whose shtick only worked at the time it came out in.

He was pretty cringe but I think he was kinda self-aware of it and it was pretty obvious that a lot of the stuff on his videos that were cringe were sorta played up albeit in a half-assed sort of way, like calling himself an "oldtaku" or whatever.

A lot of Bennet's thing was playing up the cringe and being mildly funny on occasion. To his marginal credit, the fact he didn't try to act like some of kind of expert or authority in most of his videos did go a long way in making his cringe slightly more tolerable than someone like Spoony. Slightly.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Hope was a butterface, IIRC

She didn't even qualify as a butterface because she had no figure unless you're into flat and no curves. She wasn't pretty by any stretch of the imagination but she also didn't make you want to vomit in terror either.

My first post, and I'm going for my nemesis on TGWTG.
LOL! Calm down. I get you might not like somebody there, and it's understandable why, but nemesis? Please. I'm like 99% sure your "nemesis" has no idea you exist.

As for Sage, first off, "Oldtaku" is a stupid term made by him.
I think Toonami actually came up with it. As a term it's been around since 2013 long before Bennet got to it.

Second, he isn't a true Otaku, more of a casual fan.
You're not a "true" otaku. And like those Scotsmen out there you're not the arbiter of what makes one or not.

Here's the thing, otaku is a term that Americans have co-opted for their own. It was originally a Japanese term for somebody who basically didn't go out and hang with friends. It became a term for those that had a very specific passion in their lives. There are train otaku who take pictures of every new train that JR releases. They know everything about trains and have made it their mission to ride on every single one. There are war otaku who dress in camos, go out into the bush and play war games with airsoft guns. There are wine otaku who know everything about wine and have a large collection of bottles and labels.

In short it doesn't mean "anime fan". We already have a term for that. We call them weeaboos.

Third, there was a member on the site, PsyhoOtaku, who was a JewWarios friend (his collection of Anime and Manga is behind Hope, during the Nostalgia Critic/Jesuotaku crossover of Digimon the Movie). Fourth, Sage is boring, unfunny and he is just makes videos based on wikipedia and IMDB facts. In the end, Psyhotaku was the only Otaku on the site, Hope was and still is a weed brought by Cyborcat and Lee from StillGaming, who lobbied for her. Sage was fine as video game reviewer (because his strength lies in facts, not humor) so as "Nostalgia Critic for Anime" he fails badly.
Your love for Psychotaku aside he was never part of the site. He did have crossovers with Jew Wario but he was never offically on TGWTG / Channel Autism.

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Psychotaku is on TGWTG wiki, so he counts.

Hope as my personal Nemesis? Sure, I know she doesn't know that I exist, its mostly a exaggeration type of joke. Reason for my dislike of Hope is because how much I enjoyed her content in the beginning that I binged her youtube episodes and watch many show based on her recommendation. Then you realize that persona and person behind the persona are two different things. And it got worst over time.

But, if you want That Guy With The Glasses Anime Autism in its finest:

Yes, this was on the site. And yes, everything is 100% wrong, from the facts to the skits.

Last edited:

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
But, if you want That Guy With The Glasses Anime Autism in its finest:

Yes, this was on the site. And yes, everything is 100% wrong, from the facts to the skits.
But... it's not 100% wrong. I'm thinking your hatred for TGWTG is clouding your judgement and making you hyper-sensitive to what is being said or shown. Most of what he said about Berserk seemed right, at least to my eyes. But then I don't consider myself an anime nerd and don't fly off into a huff when somebody has the gall to call anime "Japanese cartoons" or, heaven forbid, "Japanimation".

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Well sry I like Berserk and it did open my eyes of the "talent" they were going for. Lanipator is like LittleKuriboh, good as long as you hear them, bad when you see them on the screen trying to do "comedy".

But again I agree with you, I have seen TGWTG first generation producers as "ideal" and everybody who join too harsh. Still, Hope Chapman sucks as a person (like many others from TGWTG). Also, "Anime nerd" as a term doesn't exist, and I was pointing out to one of the producers who liked to brag about him been an "Anime nerd". He was really trigered and reacted in a funny way (he hated my guts (see what I did there?)).

BHWuser

kiwifarms.net
But... it's not 100% wrong. I'm thinking your hatred for TGWTG is clouding your judgement and making you hyper-sensitive to what is being said or shown. Most of what he said about Berserk seemed right, at least to my eyes. But then I don't consider myself an anime nerd and don't fly off into a huff when somebody has the gall to call anime "Japanese cartoons" or, heaven forbid, "Japanimation".
Even if it was wrong. Nick Landis (Lanipator), named the show "Outside the Otaku". His entire schtick was personal experiences as someone who wasn't a huge fucking anime fan. I'd expect him to be an idiot.

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Even if it was wrong. Nick Landis (Lanipator), named the show "Outside the Otaku". His entire schtick was personal experiences as someone who wasn't a huge fucking anime fan. I'd expect him to be an idiot.

You sad it better then me. Lani is like Dana Carvey in "The Master of Disguise", doesn't understand the comedy, even if he is working in the comedy business for some time.

Also he doesn't understand the material that he is making fun of. He would be better if he made it double act comedy, with one been completely "outside of otaku" and the other been the fan. Conon O'brien got that in "Clueless gamer" segment for example.