TGWTG Hope Chapman / Jacob "Jack" Chapman / JesuOtaku - Self-loathing weaboo redneck. Blew her way to ANN gig. Goon and troon.

BHWuser

kiwifarms.net
You sad it better then me. Lani is like Dana Carvey in "The Master of Disguise", doesn't understand the comedy, even if he is working in the comedy business for some time.

Also he doesn't understand the material that he is making fun of. He would be better if he made it double act comedy, with one been completely "outside of otaku" and the other been the fan. Conon O'brien got that in "Clueless gamer" segment for example.
I'm not saying the videos are good. Just that, him not knowing what he's talking about, is a weak criticism when that seems to be part of the point.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Do me a favor and if you're responding to somebody, use that little "reply" button. It helps to notify the person that you're responding to them.
Well sry I like Berserk and it did open my eyes of the "talent" they were going for. Lanipator is like LittleKuriboh, good as long as you hear them, bad when you see them on the screen trying to do "comedy".
I like Berserk as well. I have the DVDs. I've read the manga which is still going to this day. I have some of the tankoubon somewhere that I brought back from Japan. What part of his review or analysis was wrong? You specifically said it was 100% wrong and I'll accept you were speaking metaphorically. But what parts of that were so egregious that made you angry? Ignore the skits. They're just filler.

Also, "Anime nerd" as a term doesn't exist, and I was pointing out to one of the producers who liked to brag about him been an "Anime nerd". He was really trigered and reacted in a funny way (he hated my guts (see what I did there?)).
But anime nerd does exist as a term. It's a nerd that's into anime. It's like computer nerd which is a nerd who's into computers. It's like how you are a self-defined "Otaku" which you thought meant anime connoisseur or something to that effect and decried others for not being "true" otaku. You seem to have a problem with terms and are too literal and rigid when it comes to them.

No attempt at derision here but are you autistic? I find that autists tend to be very inflexible when it comes to certain things, like words or terms.
Even if it was wrong. Nick Landis (Lanipator), named the show "Outside the Otaku". His entire schtick was personal experiences as someone who wasn't a huge fucking anime fan. I'd expect him to be an idiot.
He can name his show whatever the hell he wants. It's just that Otaku doesn't mean what he, and @Inferno Wolf, seem to think it means. It's a very broad term when you get down to it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Hope, at first I thought her videos were just a criticism for the criticism sake.

Then you realize that she is just making points where she stands at the moment, as "Christian anime reviews" then as a "left wing anime reviewer" and finally as a "trans gay anime reviewer". The only thing she never changed views were Digimon.

• Winner
Reactions: Travoltron

BHWuser

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Hope, at first I thought her videos were just a criticism for the criticism sake.

Then you realize that she is just making points where she stands at the moment, as "Christian anime reviews" then as a "left wing anime reviewer" and finally as a "trans gay anime reviewer". The only thing she never changed views were Digimon.
Even then that sounds a lot more like, instead of doing any sort of critical thinking, she's just quoting the gosspil of whatever it is she's a part of at the moment and applying it to whatever the anime is. Which is basically the laziest way to review something.

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Do me a favor and if you're responding to somebody, use that little "reply" button. It helps to notify the person that you're responding to them.

I like Berserk as well. I have the DVDs. I've read the manga which is still going to this day. I have some of the tankoubon somewhere that I brought back from Japan. What part of his review or analysis was wrong? You specifically said it was 100% wrong and I'll accept you were speaking metaphorically. But what parts of that were so egregious that made you angry? Ignore the skits. They're just filler.

But anime nerd does exist as a term. It's a nerd that's into anime. It's like computer nerd which is a nerd who's into computers. It's like how you are a self-defined "Otaku" which you thought meant anime connoisseur or something to that effect and decried others for not being "true" otaku. You seem to have a problem with terms and are too literal and rigid when it comes to them.

No attempt at derision here but are you autistic? I find that autists tend to be very inflexible when it comes to certain things, like words or terms.
He can name his show whatever the hell he wants. It's just that Otaku doesn't mean what he, and @Inferno Wolf, seem to think it means. It's a very broad term when you get down to it.
Thanks, ill keep that in mind. For the first, its not about violence, its about struggle. Griffith isn't gay, he is bi or bi-curious. He made some facts wrong and use some unfunny skits to make filer content. So no, not 100% wrong, but review falls apart for me as I watched it. Its bad comedy at best or awful critic at worst.

If Anime Nerd exist, isn't there Anime Geek? Otaku Geek? Otaku Nerd? Manga Nerd? Manga Geek? Yeah, sounds stupid. I know Otaku is a general (negative) term, but is there normal terms like Anime fan or Manga fan? Could less equal more, or do we need to make names for everything these days, like LGBTQ+ snowflakes?

No, I'm not autistic, introvert Geek/Nerd/Otaku, have no problem with terms, but with stupidity, damn right.

Last edited:
  • Dumb

ToddleDoddle

kiwifarms.net
Rather late to the game, but Todd tweeted that he was actually friends with Zac, which is unsurprising as misery surely does love company. Said he was staying at Zac's place frequently when scoping out places to live in LA. He is also still friends with Hope, has shared a number of her money solicitations on Twitter, and they hang out. In the last podcast episode about the Rocky Horror Picture Show, Todd specifically referenced watching it with a trans guy friend who said that RHPS was a movie for non-trans people, not trans, which is very much the sort of shit narc-y take to be expected from JO. I'd actually put some money on Todd being Hope's next financial target-- he does have multiple well-funded Patreons, and has mentioned really needing more money right now what with moving to LA. It'll be interesting to see the balance of him being an easy mark vs a total skinflint as to how much she takes him for.View attachment 1653735
Fuck sakes Todd, going from living in New York to living in California. He makes quite a bit from his patreons. He could be living pretty comfortably in many places but like so many others he chooses New York or Cali and is gonna continue to complain about being poor.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Thanks, ill keep that in mind. For the first, its not about violence, its about struggle. Griffith isn't gay, he is bi or bi-curious. He made some facts wrong and use some unfunny skits to make filer content. So no, not 100% wrong, but review falls apart for me as I watched it. Its bad comedy at best or awful critic at worst.
Okay so hyperbole it was.

If Anime Nerd exist, isn't there Anime Geek? Otaku Geek? Otaku Nerd? Manga Nerd? Manga Geek? Yeah, sounds stupid.
And some of those exist.

Otaku nerd and Otaku geek don't count because the subject is already understood to be a nerd or geek. It's like calling a Japanese sword a "katana sword" or a bo a "bo staff" when katana literally means sword and bo literally means staff. You're doubling up on a term when it's not necessary.

I know Otaku is a general (negative) term, but is there normal terms like Anime fan or Manga fan? Could less equal more, or do we need to make names for everything these days, like LGBTQ+ snowflakes?
Is there a problem with using the term "fan"?

No, I'm not autistic, introvert Geek/Nerd/Otaku, have no problem with terms, but with stupidity, damn right.
So then what's the problem with people calling themselves Otaku / Nerd / Geek / whatever? Honestly it really sounds like you're getting caught up on words without taking into account their meaning.

But this has gone on too long. I'm nipping it in the bud and I'm done with this. I don't think anybody else is interested in this tangent we've gone down.

Cleric of Autism

My god Autismo demands I preach to you
kiwifarms.net

Attachments

• pressxdoubt_space.jpg
    pressxdoubt_space.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 58

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Also one thing that seems to bug me more then the rest. Her nickname (or ex-nickname/persona) - Jesuotaku. Now, I just showed that she was never an Otaku, infact her ex colleague from DesuDesu Brigade Glass Reflection sad he reads manga rarely, and that is more honest and frank then Hope ever was. But how she pronounce it - like its spelled Yesu or Iesu, instead of Jesu with an J. Why?

or

because-poor-literacy-is-kewl.jpg

Last edited:

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
Rather late to the game, but Todd tweeted that he was actually friends with Zac, which is unsurprising as misery surely does love company. Said he was staying at Zac's place frequently when scoping out places to live in LA. He is also still friends with Hope, has shared a number of her money solicitations on Twitter, and they hang out. In the last podcast episode about the Rocky Horror Picture Show, Todd specifically referenced watching it with a trans guy friend who said that RHPS was a movie for non-trans people, not trans, which is very much the sort of shit narc-y take to be expected from JO. I'd actually put some money on Todd being Hope's next financial target-- he does have multiple well-funded Patreons, and has mentioned really needing more money right now what with moving to LA. It'll be interesting to see the balance of him being an easy mark vs a total skinflint as to how much she takes him for.View attachment 1653735
She has leeched on to Todd hard. Case in point.

Attachments

• amydog_hope.jpg
    amydog_hope.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 90

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Todd has always been half-cow, has every quality of one, but his spregging is few and far between. Also when he makes content he keeps his SJW levels at minimum, only giving a left-wing spin from time to time. But sure, he knew and was friend of Zac, just as Hope was raped by Jewarrio, in the very, very past tense.

Hope going for Todd is such a Hope thing to do. She has an ego of Donald Trump, yet she goes for the bare minimum when it comes to dating.

The only part of To Boldly Flee I can watch over and over is when (in the end, at the party) Hope says to Nash (over the phone, only Hope is speaking) how much she loves him, in most dishonest true and beautiful way in the world. They are still together, right?

Last edited:

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Just found out Hope made weebservations website, in sites archive is the list of reviews and articles the made. Funny thing, most of them are just links to Anime News Network, when she was assistant editor who pegged Zac, highlight of her career.

Last edited:
  • Dumb

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only thing she never changed views were Digimon.
She's legit when it comes to her love for Digimon, that might've been her first true anime (not sure if she ever said what her first anime was). Thing is, however, she clearly never took its messages to heart or else she wouldn't be such a bitch since one of Digimon's message is to better yourself where you are most weak and turn it into a strength. Hell, Ken Ichijouji's character redemption arc is exactly that which is why he's such a fascinating character. But nah, she chose to crank that manipulative bitchiness up to eleven once she left the nest and estranged herself from her "abusive" family.

Archeopthryx

kiwifarms.net
She's legit when it comes to her love for Digimon, that might've been her first true anime (not sure if she ever said what her first anime was). Thing is, however, she clearly never took its messages to heart or else she wouldn't be such a bitch since one of Digimon's message is to better yourself where you are most weak and turn it into a strength. Hell, Ken Ichijouji's character redemption arc is exactly that which is why he's such a fascinating character. But nah, she chose to crank that manipulative bitchiness up to eleven once she left the nest and estranged herself from her "abusive" family.
You have to be pretty autistic to like Digimon as an adult.

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
You have to be pretty autistic to like Digimon as an adult.

I like Digimon, watched it when I was in my 20s. But only 1 season, rest are to me unnecessary, because I think first season rap things up nicely. If other people enjoys the later season, more power to them.

She's just so weird. But she's also the definition of a backstabbing slut

Also lying, manipulating and underqualified for Anime reviewer, because she reviews most popular ones or made by studio Bones. I would argue that she actually haven't seen too much titles (like Bennet the Sage) before starting her reviewing carrier. She just went for charm of dorky nerdy girl vibe, knowing the power of a pussy, especially to male otaku virgins and potential whiteknights.