Hot sauce -

ObeseScreamingBlackMan

[SCREAMS IN FENTANYL]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a total hot sauce normie. I keep the black bottle version of Valentina in the fridge for Tex-Mex, Sriracha for stir frys and Chinese takeout, and Tabasco for fried chicken, jambalaya, and bloody marys.

The only sauces I don't like are super-vinegary ones. Tabasco is about as much vinegar taste as I can take and even that one I don't use often.

Ntwadumela

That takes care of the cremation..
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Favorite:
Sriracha
Cholula
Red Rooster/Abu Deech (Kuwaiti brand)
Encona

Dunno if I have a least favorite, but Tabasco isn't that hot even if I like it

nyess

I am not jew null :L
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sriracha Sauce

Tapatio Sauce

Tabasco Sauce

Valentina Sauce

Chili Sauce

Ur mum Sauce

B0ss Sauce

• DRINK!
Reactions: Ntwadumela

女鬼

人就是鬼、鬼就是人。
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Harissa über alles.
Homemade stuff though, not those godawful yellow tubes.

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What a timely thread. Just got my bottle of Psycho Juice in the mail today

I last had this yeaaaaaaaaaars back when I drank a shotglass of it at school for a dare. Upon trying it again its quite nice in small doses spread thin with a lot of food. gives a nice thump to the tongue without persisting for an hour. aftertaste is a bit of an acquired taste though, with a very strong chilli flavour that could probably turn some folks off, but which goes well with other foods in small quantities.

However imo best basic hot sauce is your simple tobasco sauce. goes great with everything (ESPECIALLY creole and cajun food), has good heat to it, and has a genuinely lovely flavour.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a total hot sauce normie. I keep the black bottle version of Valentina in the fridge for Tex-Mex, Sriracha for stir frys and Chinese takeout, and Tabasco for fried chicken, jambalaya, and bloody marys.

The only sauces I don't like are super-vinegary ones. Tabasco is about as much vinegar taste as I can take and even that one I don't use often.
I haven't tried Valentina, is this regional or I've just not heard of it?

Let's not forget Frank's Red Hot

ObeseScreamingBlackMan

[SCREAMS IN FENTANYL]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I haven't tried Valentina, is this regional or I've just not heard of it?

Let's not forget Frank's Red Hot
Valentina/Tamazula are made in Mexico and have been around since the 1950s. Every store around here has it and I'm a long way from Mexico, so I'm guessing it's fairly popular.

• Informative
Reactions: melty

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here in Portland we have a local hot sauce that is one of the best things ever: Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce

This stuff is like $7 a bottle, but worth it IMO.
This is everywhere but I haven't quite gotten into it personally. Maybe I put it on the wrong things. I trust any hot sauce that has a terrible logo

Arkangel

Computer Science and Computer Violence
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is everywhere but I haven't quite gotten into it personally. Maybe I put it on the wrong things. I trust any hot sauce that has a terrible logo
I like it on tacos and chicken sandwiches.

• Informative
Reactions: melty

John Webster

You need a fidget spinner; you need to get fucked
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Present favourite: Sriracha
Least favourite: Frank's

I would be very interested in trying out a sauce made from ghost peppers.

• Agree
Reactions: Ginger Piglet

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Tabasco is my go-to sauce for nearly everything, and in similarly normie sauces, Frank's Red Hot.

I think the super-hots are pretty overrated as most of them have no flavor other than hot.

My favorite artisan type sauce is the Heartbreaking Dawn's line, specifically the 1498 scorpion pepper sauce and the 1841 ghost pepper sauce. Despite the two peppers involved, they're reasonable in their heat and actually have undertones and subtlety to them.

Not a sauce, but Dave's Insanity Spice is also a great hot flavor. It's crushed red savina habanero with added hot pepper extract and a ridiculously good value because a small shaker of it lasts years. It's similar to the crushed pepper at every pizza place but at Dave's Insanity levels of heat.

The original Dave's Insanity is also pretty good but most of their other sauces are gimmick tier.

Most overrated sauce: sriracha. This is okay for the kind of foods it's traditionally served with but is not the kind of all purpose hipster sauce that can just be put on everything for no reason.

ObeseScreamingBlackMan

[SCREAMS IN FENTANYL]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most overrated sauce: sriracha. This is okay for the kind of foods it's traditionally served with but is not the kind of all purpose hipster sauce that can just be put on everything for no reason.
I had a bottle of a sriracha mayonnaise that was pretty good on most sandwiches, but yeah. Sriracha on every new sandwich, pizza, stew etc. that some hip restaurant introduces is getting old. One place by me introduced a breakfast burrito with sriracha and chorizo in it. I haven't tried it but those flavors together sound vile as shit.

On a side note, the company that makes most sriracha also makes a spoon-on chili-garlic sauce that I think is better than sriracha, but most places are sold out when I look for it :(

I never really tried hot sauce in my life. :(
This is like saying you've never smoked a cigarette, tried whiskey, or banged a slutty older woman. It suggests a real lack of gumption towards life.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc Cassidy

pozilei

gnome related slander
kiwifarms.net
Good, old Sriracha. I use the normal one for dipping etc. and the extra hot one for cooking. I also quite like sambal oelek (if that counts as a hot sauce, it's just chili paste) for cooking and making my own spicy sauces.

Tags
None