Hot sauce -

Ravenor

Purge.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At the moment I havent really got a got to sauce, but I do carry around a small salt shaker that get's applied to almost every meal I eat it's a mix of sweet paprika and powdered carolina reaper, a chef friend of mine tried it and in his words "was shitting molten lava for a week"...

• Informative
Reactions: AnOminous and melty

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I love this stuff. It's made with cayenne peppers and tastes both terrifyingly hot as well as being steak sauce like as well. Smear it on top of a steak for extra whoomp.

Also Dave's Ghost Pepper Sauce. It really has the fruitiness of the naga jolokia used to make it. And 600,000 SHU.

Reactions: Ravenor

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Have just tried the aforementioned Psycho Sauce in some homemade jambalaya

It........worked really fucking well. I only used a few drops a bowl, and combined with tobasco it gave the dish a really nice and enjoyable heat which tickled rather than tortured the tongue and throat. With a glass of bourbon by the side it was an absolute treat.

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Really only use hot sauce for Chicken, mainly tex mex or wings. I usually prefer something in the 4k-5k scoville range. Anything higher than 10k is insane. Although I do like El Yucateco Green Chile Habanero which is around 9k, but still pretty good.. Than again you can use any sauce for heat with enough concentration, so it doesn't really matter.

swiv

edgelord extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
The original Dave's Insanity is also pretty good but most of their other sauces are gimmick tier.

Most overrated sauce: sriracha. This is okay for the kind of foods it's traditionally served with but is not the kind of all purpose hipster sauce that can just be put on everything for no reason.
This guy knows what's up.

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This guy knows what's up.
I never quite figured out the Sriracha craze. It's just hot pepper sauce with a bunch of added sugar. At best it's a spicy ketchup.

Also a lot of the SUPER HOT sauces are more like stunts than they are condiments... no one can seriously be like man i need it to be this hot for it to be good. It's like too much salt on your fries. At a certain point it's too much.

• Agree
Reactions: Titty Figurine

Titty Figurine

Necrothot
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Signed for the El Yucateco, I like the red one a little more but they're both fantastic. It hits that sweet spot for me where it's hot enough that I know I'm eating hot sauce but not so hot that it becomes an endurance exercise.

Watching Hot Ones is growing my Amazon wishlist, though. I'd really like to give the Queen Majesty or Dawson's a go.

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc
I got a bunch of different hot sauces when I was in Mexico. The best ones were this stuff:

Cosecha P'Urhepecha Red Habanero

and

Chimay Amarilla

The Cosecha is a more flavorful, while still very hot, sauce, with a really good citrusy habanero tang to it. The Chimay sauce is just pure blazing heat, hot enough to be painful actually, and if you get it onto your lips directly, it may leave marks.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Also a lot of the SUPER HOT sauces are more like stunts than they are condiments... no one can seriously be like man i need it to be this hot for it to be good. It's like too much salt on your fries. At a certain point it's too much.
The original Dave's Insanity Sauce, at a "mere" 150,000 Scoville units, is about as hot as I go, and it's fairly infrequent at this point.

I like some sauces that use the super hot peppers like the Trinidad Scorpion or the Carolina Reaper, but in extreme moderation. The Trinidad Scorpion actually has some mellow, fruity undertones that are completely obliterated if you use enough of it that your taste buds basically give up and can't taste anything but heat. I particularly like the Heartbreaking Dawns 1498 Apricot & Scorpion Pepper sauce. Although it's probably at least 50,000 SUs, it's not overwhelming (at least if you're a pepperhead).

Those nonsensical sauces at millions of SUs are pretty much gimmicks, though. You can seriously get nearly identical results by just spraying literal self defense pepper spray on your food (make sure it has no added toxic ingredients though).

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The original Dave's Insanity Sauce, at a "mere" 150,000 Scoville units, is about as hot as I go, and it's fairly infrequent at this point.

I like some sauces that use the super hot peppers like the Trinidad Scorpion or the Carolina Reaper, but in extreme moderation. The Trinidad Scorpion actually has some mellow, fruity undertones that are completely obliterated if you use enough of it that your taste buds basically give up and can't taste anything but heat. I particularly like the Heartbreaking Dawns 1498 Apricot & Scorpion Pepper sauce. Although it's probably at least 50,000 SUs, it's not overwhelming (at least if you're a pepperhead).

Those nonsensical sauces at millions of SUs are pretty much gimmicks, though. You can seriously get nearly identical results by just spraying literal self defense pepper spray on your food (make sure it has no added toxic ingredients though).
got any opinion on those Korean spicy wings where they use gochujang paste?

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure scorpion pepper hot sauce has permanently destroyed my taste buds when it comes to tacos, and I've used droplets as instructed.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
got any opinion on those Korean spicy wings where they use gochujang paste?
I had to look it up but recognized it. I'm not sure if I'd like that. It certainly has the heat, but I think it might have the same issues as sriracha outside of its element.

Tags
None