Hot tea - No cream or sugar, don't be a degenerate

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
Black tea (Earl, Assam, Oolong, that generic shit they sell in the kosher section, generic in general long as its not Lipton, etc) in a mug with no fixings.

Fuck you, I drink it out of a mug.

Edit: Also here's a fun story, me and a buddy were once ordering Chinese food and were like "Fuck, this place has awesome Oolong, let's get some of that to go." Apparently they had never recieved this sort of order, and were not properly equipped to deal with it, so they gave it to us in a bigass heat-resistant plastic container (like the kind they send you soup in) with all the leaves, herbs and stuff still floating in it.

Me and my buddy had carry to that thing around like a bomb because the plastic was so thin and they filled it up to the top. It was also hot as a car engine. We also had to strain it through a paper towel to get the floating crap out of it. We got two mugs out of the whole thing, but that was one of the best cups of tea I've ever had. Was kind of inconvient for us but I appreciate the ingenuity.

Last edited:
Reactions: niconiconecro

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
A certain navy admiral recommended to mix tea with brandy, so I tried black peach tea and mixed it with brandy, its good.

L50LasPak

kiwifarms.net
Lapsang Souchong for the unaware literally tastes like burnt wood (Oak, maybe? Felt more like mulch to me).

I liked the package of it I bought, but didn't buy it again. It was interesting drinking what tasted like smoke from a bonfire, but ultimately not my thing.

L50LasPak

kiwifarms.net
Specifically pine. It's pretty potent stuff.

If you find it overpowering, Russian Caravan has a touch of it, but blends it with oolong, assam, keemun and other teas, generally always having lapsang souchong, oolong, and some strong black tea.
I just legit didn't expect to have a cup of tea taste literally like wood. Wasn't bad though. But probably not my thing.

I still finished the box though. Guess I didn't discriminate back then.

niconiconecro

some gay ass text here
kiwifarms.net
Specifically pine. It's pretty potent stuff.

If you find it overpowering, Russian Caravan has a touch of it, but blends it with oolong, assam, keemun and other teas, generally always having lapsang souchong, oolong, and some strong black tea.
The smoky flavor is kind of charming in a way. It’s a very bold and distinct taste. I like it more in the winter along with 8 immortals and turmeric teasans.

Pinot Pierrot

The naive one, forever waiting.
kiwifarms.net
I don't get to drink it often because I'm not too fond of Korean food, but every Korean restaurant I've been to will always provide a hot glass of barley tea as the default drink. I love its toasted aroma, makes me feel full and satisfied off the smell alone.

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
I've been wanting to get into loose teas, especially oolong and green tea.
I got one thing of green from the asian market that's lovely and bitter. Also got a lil thing of rose tea, and even though it takes forever to make, I recently loaded a bunch in the teapot to simmer for 30 minutes and it came out beautiful. I could get coronavirus from this chink tea and not even mind.

In an effort to take in less caffeine, I've been drinking this. It's fucking delicious.
cel-543364.png

Reactions: Tealeaf

break these cuffs

Wagner loves cock
kiwifarms.net
I don't drink tea because I'm not a woman or European. I like my coffee black and my tea in the harbor :semperfidelis: to all our brave troops overseas.

Sexy Peach Emoji

The sexiest fruit known to man
kiwifarms.net
I like a variety of black, green, barley, and herbals.I enjoy them straight up, with cream and sugar, lemon, honey. I will make pots of the stuff, and have several different sized pots at home. I am looking for a good samovar tea service, but have not found "the right one" yet.

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
Anyone know if Good Young Taiwanese Oolong is worth a damn? I got a tin of loose leaf at a market/restaurant I liked while passing by my alma mater. Anyone have recommendations for loose leaf oolongs in general that don’t destroy your wallet, and a good Chinese-style tea set? Seems like those would be better for oolongs considering you can infuse them multiple times, and the small cups made it less likely that I’d burn my tongue if that restaurant is any indication.

Mr. Skeltal

Calcium fortified at your own risk
kiwifarms.net
Chamomile tea is by far my favorite. I like most herbal teas but chamomile is head and shoulders above the rest.
For actual tea it's a bit of a toss up. I like black tea, but green tea also has its charm.
I'm an American, so I use the bags. Were this the coffee thread I would talk about the right coffee grinder to get for whole beans and the advantages of the French press over Mr. Coffee. Maybe you Yuropoors can educate me on similar tea things.

Tags
None