Law House Democrats introduce bill to give citizenship to DACA and TPS recipients - Doing this the hard way when Trump promised them this before because they're morons

pwnest injun

kiwifarms.net
so even if he really does build the wall, it is totally irrelevant to his statements on wanting 'more legal immigration than ever.'
This has always been coming. Trump positioned himself to the right of everyone on immigration so that when he reforms the process of legal immigration and/or work visa stuff, only the minority really paying attention will think it's anything besides the best compromise we could get. It's the "only Nixon could go to China" effect.

dopy

✅G U N T P O S T E R✅
kiwifarms.net
the second the DREAM act (2001) was signed it was just a matter of time. this is just chiseling away even further. they won't get it today, but they'll get closer and closer as time goes on. obama signing DACA was the final nail in the coffin. keyword in DACA being "deferred," which is the only thing the US government has ever been good at since the collapse of the soviet union, kicking the can down the road (because it's easier than outright legalizing something they actually want, such as free votes or cheap labor - just more red tape will do the trick)
there are more immigrants in the US than there are people in canada or AUS. reminder that the chart most likely doesn't count the illegals, which, if anyone with a brain pays attention and has travelled the US extensively, is very easily over the 10 million mark.

StyrofoamFridge

Deacon of the Moonullite Synagogue
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel as DACA was unconstitutional, but the past administration essentially already made a promise to those covered. We should honor that promise and give them a path to citizenship, but never allow such a massive thing to happen again. A fair portion of those who are covered under this are intergrated and Americanized, from being here since toddler ages. Border needs secured and ICE needs more resources/funding to deport illegal aliens.

SuperDeeDuper

it's a show stoppin' Zany kind of popcorn!
kiwifarms.net
This has always been coming. Trump positioned himself to the right of everyone on immigration so that when he reforms the process of legal immigration and/or work visa stuff, only the minority really paying attention will think it's anything besides the best compromise we could get. It's the "only Nixon could go to China" effect.
sadly, i think you're right. it's brilliant political maneuvering, but for anyone who paid an iota of attention it's extremely dishonest
if anyone with a brain pays attention and has travelled the US extensively, is very easily over the 10 million mark.
there's no way to know exactly how many there are but 10 million definitely seems like a lowballed number just based on my visits to various american cities. most of them are swamped with people who only speak spanish

pwnest injun

kiwifarms.net
The wall isn't about drug trafficking any more than the Patriot Act was about radical Islamic terrorism. That's just the excuse that gets people to accept it, after all, who could be for those things. Really, the wall is about controlling the massive waves of migration that will become the norm each summer. And really, it is an emergency, in that it will be absolutely necessary by the time it's close to completion.

La Luz Extinguido

There are no innocents
kiwifarms.net
Oh I forgot to mention this, and I don't know why people bring up the price tag of the wall so often, but the counterpoint still stands that the U.S. still spends $600 billion annually on military.
Any "great power" country is forced to do this to keep this status, specially when cold wars are getting nigh.

The wall is still a waste of time and money to unite exceptional individuals under the same political BS.

Last edited:

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
News flash for exceptional individuals who think the wall is going to be useless because "lol wat if cartels dig tunnel":

The wall is undoubtedly going to include a network seismic sensors so Border Patrol can detect when and where someone is digging a tunnel at the border.

It's not the DACA that's the really questionable bit of this; it's the TPS recipients--Temporary Protected Status. These are people who are supposed to go home when conditions improve. They've been allowed to remain provisionally until then, and were made aware up front they were not on a path to citizenship, because they allegedly want to go home. But now the Dems want to go, "Fuck it, here's your vote!"
I think that's a non-starter. I think Trump would rather stop all negotiaions than agree to TPS. How that plays out, I have no idea, butI think the only negotiation that will happen will be wall-DACA. He might accept a two year period of symbolic indecision on TPS, but he'll get his pound of flesh if so. I'm not sure ANYTHING will happen at all, but he's already bending more than any other coherently stable country on the planet does or would do regarding either legal or illegal border hoppers.

Not mad, but sperging here:
It's unbelievable that an argument actually exists over a pittance of a few billion --- the mandate the leader was elected on -- should even be considered credible. HE's very much doom and gloom, as are the twats at the right media, but when you are pushing five to ten percent of the polutation being ILLEGAL, shit is not going to last very long. It just can't. There have been masive problems since the interventionalism in El Salvador, Nicaragua, the Contras in Honduras. I remember tattooed up psychos showing up in small town Ontario from Honduras who were obviously used to vilolence, and had been leisurely touring Canada and the US via your south border, who already had free reign in 1986, fucking with the weaselly little guys, beating them up and robbing them, and undoubtedly raping along the way if they were doing that.

Even Jello Biafra, (all those Antifa faggots have "NAzi Punks Fuck Off" and Dead Kennedy symbols on their shit clothes... the guys like a hero to them... bitched about it in the late eighties on his spoken word albums.

I honestly don't see any rational argument for a country not securing their borders at least somehow effectively, even if you have a shit immigration policy. The only countries that don't do that don't exist.

end sperg...

If that's the sword Trump has to die on, either emergency funding all of it, or having co-operation, I hoped he does it, because I think that will be the one and only thing history will remember him kindly for. If he doesn't, I think he will be remembered as a very weak and ineffectual politician. And I think he knows it.

....ok sperg proper done.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
Do we have a confirmed statement from someone that this is going to happen?
I think it's a no brainer. If you're going to physically send someone out there with a bulldozer to dig a ditch and pour however many tons of concrete for the wall, it won't be that much more added expense to install a solar powered seismic sensor with satellite or 4G wireless connection every 500 m

HeyYou

seriousposter
kiwifarms.net
I actually don't mind DACA kids getting citizenship, since there actually aren't too many of them (well, 800,000) and a lot of them are going to college or entering the work force. The article implies they only get permanent residence if they're working, in college or in the military. But next Dems will try to give automatic citizenship to family members of children who were born here or even of DREAMERS. It never ends with them, and it's becoming increasingly apparent they're focusing on illegal immigrants over citizens.

Not only that, I agree with the Feds decision to finally kick out a lot of TPS people. It was a condition on their arrival that they would not become citizen and here the Dems are trying to make a mockery of our laws yet again.

Last edited:

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
kiwifarms.net
I think it's a no brainer. If you're going to physically send someone out there with a bulldozer to dig a ditch and pour however many tons of concrete for the wall, it won't be that much more added expense to install a solar powered seismic sensor with satellite or 4G wireless connection every 500 m
I know it sounds like common sense but it could easily be left off as an oversight.
Any "great power" country is forced to do this to keep this status, specially when cold wars are getting nigh.
But didn't Donald Trump recently declare the border problem a national emergency, making it a military issue?
implying there will be a wall
Why wouldn't there be a wall? Why is it set it stone that there won't be one? I could understand the Spartan response of "if" but not a complete denial of the possibility.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino