How are you doing? - Kiwi Farms Wellness Check

• Despite what alcoholic retards are saying, there are no plans to shut down the Kiwi Farms.

Chan Fan

Quarantine Queen
kiwifarms.net
I've found that I'm much happier keeping a running list of stuff to accomplish rather than "okay let's see here what do I want to do today?" So yesterday I had a very specific order I wanted to do things in, all of it at home, and I didn't get sad or feel as down. I hope to do the same today :)
The shrink already told me i should do something like this, but i'm erratic as all hell in my activities and that erodes my own motivation to do stuff. I'm restless as all hell and i don't have enough interesting things to do around. Maybe i should pull the same tactic and focus each day of the week in one specifi task.

I know the third one too well. You feel terribly restless because despite the time and effort you put into it, you feel as if you are not advancing towards your goal and that is frustrating as all shit. Specially when you have to do so much.

For me, things haven't been any better since i get sidetracked constantly either because things don't go the way i want, because i lose interest or because i'm burnt out. This last one has managed to halt my writing efforts considerably, even if i wrote 100 pages in 2 months, which is already quite decent but not enough for me. Nothing is enough.

I would tell you to make a basic plan and then go with it. It's usual for me to stick to the plan and try to come up with the perfect process and then do nothing. It's better to do something even if the results are not what you expected than do nothing
Making new habits is sort of like exercising, you build the muscles over time and get used to it until it's normal. And it's also a bit like rocking a vending machine until it falls over - it takes a few attempts! Good luck, fren :)

Malagor the dank omen

Drakwald's most coveted goat
kiwifarms.net
Making new habits is sort of like exercising, you build the muscles over time and get used to it until it's normal. And it's also a bit like rocking a vending machine until it falls over - it takes a few attempts!
I know, but for me starting is hard. The commitment to it comes naturally to me since i've made a promise to myself that i would get my shit together this year and do my best to fix whatever i could. And so far, i'm doing quite fine not slumping into the sad and sorry heap of misery i was back in college.

But i gotta do it. After all, everything worth a damn in life requires a modicum of effort. I just need an extra motivation to get into it. Hope everything goes well to you too and stay safe.
Stuck in a place I don't like, with a job I hate and people I don't understand. Can't leave because of fucking quarantine.
Same situation here except for the job. I would kill to have work again. Plus, i'm at my parents house because this way i don't have to pay rent until this shitbag of a quarentine blows over.

Virgo

P̢̘̋͋̀͢AṆ͌T̛͖̞͛̌ͅON̟̄̊͟E̪̓͊͞ ̣͍̽̈́4̻̭̀͡8̻̃̄͒̃̈͢5
kiwifarms.net
Accomplishments so far:
  • Created morning/evening routines, regular meal times, and a specific bed/wake time.
  • Cleaning sessions for every room each day that last 15 minutes at the most.
  • Calendar blocked my entire day so I know what to do and when.
  • Alerts with 5 minute warnings on my laptop, phone, watch so I don't lose track of time or forget to do things.
Tools used:
  • Google Keep (storage for routines, lists, cleaning tasks, learning, fitness)
  • Google Calendar (sectioned into morning, afternoon and evening blocks)
  • Both are colour coded in relation to each other

One thing I've noticed is that if I don't commit to my morning and evening routines, I feel significantly unhappy and stressed out. The change in the last few days has been positive; less anxiety, house looks more tidy and clean, I'm looking after myself more, and I don't want to just scroll all day until it's bed time again. Days have meaning again and I'm not just enduring the passing of time. A downside of this newfound structure is that I get really fucked off if my boyfriend comes over and interrupts my morning/night routine or I get to sleep/wake up later than I need to. Guess it really shows how much I need structure and routine to feel calm and together.

I look forward to the beginning and end of each day now which is very surprising. I've always struggled to go to bed at a decent time and wake up feeling good for a lot of my life so that's a massive improvement already. Fasting and taking vitamins etc is easier to stick to with definite meal times and routines. I've also scheduled in 2 hours each day to learn something new about technology and metaphysics.

This is honestly pretty exciting and a shock to the system for me because I've rebelled and avoided this level of self control for years through fear of failure and feeling boxed in... but it's actually a tool and it helps me to not fall back into bad patterns that develop into mental health issues.

Niggernerd

Blackmetal screech in anime
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Got my tax refund a few days ago.
Still in quarantine and getting drunk like a fucking bum while beating Idolmaster songs on Master with highest speed like a NEET tard. I hate my life but i feel turnt about it.

FuckedUp

kiwifarms.net
My machine learning professor gave us a 6-page research paper in lieu of the final exam where we had to come up with experiments involving data sets and in-depth discussion of the data analysis methods we learned and how we applied them to our experiments. I was too fucking exhausted to do all that shit so I just half-assed a paper with me fitting linear trend lines to built-in scikit data sets and saying which built-in method I used.

I got 90%.

Pretty good, I got my grade back for Real Analysis. It's widely considered to be the hardest class an undergraduate Mathematics major can take. Most of the majors avoid it like the plague and a lot of schools don't even require it. I got an A. Better than last semester, but admittedly, I probably wouldn't have gotten it if we hadn't started having take-home tests due to plague.

Whoops, spoke to soon, the next day was a nightmare of tests.

Last edited:

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
Accomplishments so far:
  • Created morning/evening routines, regular meal times, and a specific bed/wake time.
  • Cleaning sessions for every room each day that last 15 minutes at the most.
  • Calendar blocked my entire day so I know what to do and when.
  • Alerts with 5 minute warnings on my laptop, phone, watch so I don't lose track of time or forget to do things.
Tools used:
  • Google Keep (storage for routines, lists, cleaning tasks, learning, fitness)
  • Google Calendar (sectioned into morning, afternoon and evening blocks)
  • Both are colour coded in relation to each other

One thing I've noticed is that if I don't commit to my morning and evening routines, I feel significantly unhappy and stressed out. The change in the last few days has been positive; less anxiety, house looks more tidy and clean, I'm looking after myself more, and I don't want to just scroll all day until it's bed time again. Days have meaning again and I'm not just enduring the passing of time. A downside of this newfound structure is that I get really fucked off if my boyfriend comes over and interrupts my morning/night routine or I get to sleep/wake up later than I need to. Guess it really shows how much I need structure and routine to feel calm and together.

I look forward to the beginning and end of each day now which is very surprising. I've always struggled to go to bed at a decent time and wake up feeling good for a lot of my life so that's a massive improvement already. Fasting and taking vitamins etc is easier to stick to with definite meal times and routines. I've also scheduled in 2 hours each day to learn something new about technology and metaphysics.

This is honestly pretty exciting and a shock to the system for me because I've rebelled and avoided this level of self control for years through fear of failure and feeling boxed in... but it's actually a tool and it helps me to not fall back into bad patterns that develop into mental health issues.
Thank you for posting this. I wandered into this thread like I do most my internet meanderings, not hopeful; yet I found something both relatable and helpful. So thank you and glad you found a system that is working for you. Cheers.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got hit with a brickload of shits, recently.

I'm going fucking insane because of the lockdown, I don't even know what day it is anymore without checking. Every day just seems to merge into the next day, like Groundhog Day, nothing changes, everything's the same and it's starting to really get to me.

I chatted with my dad for the first time in like 20 years or something. He's such an attention-seeker he went and got himself cancer and, not being satisfied with that, went and caught COVID-19 as well. He's flirting with the nurses in hospital, because he thinks it'll get him better service. We're gonna meet up at a pub when all of this is over and he's gonna buy me a beer. I hope he makes it that long.

Hopefully everyone else has better news than me, sorry for being a downer. ❤

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
Started my new job at KFC this week. I Volta tell you after a month of working with a bunch of Mexicans who can't speak English it's soooon nice to finally have team mates I can actually understand and communicate with. Only gripes I have aye nobody's keeping communication open so I don't know what even do half the time. Not job as junior cook so for now I guess it's just to keep the chicken stocke. That and I'm not getting my first paycheck for 3 thees theirs biweekly aka only twice a month after that

nukes

kiwifarms.net
Realised that I’m getting out of shape recently so I plan to exercise more and eat healthier, lockdown has fucked any semblance of a routine that I had before and now I eat nonstop and don’t drink enough water and don’t sleep enough. Not feeling particularly great about myself, but who is tbh.

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
Got a bit miserable with myself when I started thinking about what I'm going to do after Corona has gone back to China.
Other people are excited about the prospect of travel, parties, a snatch wax and mani/pedi, going to their local for a drink, family get togethers.

I can't really think of anything. I just cannot get a hard-on about the future, not even a semi.

Tags
None