How are you doing? - Kiwi Farms Wellness Check

Smaug's Smokey Hole

dragron: the bruges tea soirée
kiwifarms.net
Doing great, no outstanding obligations other than a bit of work. I've recently opened up new paths to new people through people who I met through... my network is pretty solid and expanding, that feels good and if I manage to Sokoban all of this in the right way it could lead to something really good.

Oh, and the weather stopped being weird so the trees stopped smelling like semen down at the shore.

lurk_moar

Not a nurse but gives okayish medical advice.
kiwifarms.net
I don't think so, since it is not an infectious disease, but they do toss my blood when they drain it in the hospital.

I told them it was a waste and they agreed, but apparently they have no procedure for saving my blood.

The draw it out of an IV into a small jar and toss the whole thing.
They do therapeutic blood donations on patients with hemochromatosis who have iron rich blood, so I don’t see why you with PV cannot donate blood. Have you tried contacting a blood donation center? With PV, you would have an increased WBC count, platelet count, and increased RBC count, so in other words your blood could be of great use to a patient in need. With whole blood donations, the donation processing center separates the units. There is a great need for AB platelets and plasma.

Cat Menagerie

kiwifarms.net
They do therapeutic blood donations on patients with hemochromatosis who have iron rich blood, so I don’t see why you with PV cannot donate blood. Have you tried contacting a blood donation center? With PV, you would have an increased WBC count, platelet count, and increased RBC count, so in other words your blood could be of great use to a patient in need. With whole blood donations, the donation processing center separates the units. There is a great need for AB platelets and plasma.
Patients with PV cannot donate blood. They're not allowed. Therapeutic phlebotomy only.

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
Patients with PV cannot donate blood. They're not allowed. Therapeutic phlebotomy only.
Do you have a link to why that would be? I mean it's just that my bone marrow produces to many red blood cells because of a mutant gene.

Or is it because they don't have enough information at this time. After all they don't know what causes the mutation.

Cat Menagerie

kiwifarms.net
Do you have a link to why that would be? I mean it's just that my bone marrow produces to many red blood cells because of a mutant gene.

Or is it because they don't have enough information at this time. After all they don't know what causes the mutation.
It's a myeloproliferative disease and therefore considered neoplastic.

Reactions: Piss Clam

lurk_moar

Not a nurse but gives okayish medical advice.
kiwifarms.net

That was something that I wasn’t taught in school when it came to blood donor deferral. (:_( All I do is type blood, crossmatch it, and issue it when it comes to blood banking. You can only donate blood autotologously which is like donating snow to Eskimos. It is the JAK2 mutation that causes PV. PV is definitely listed under a myeloproliferative disorder like CML. Fun fact PV can turn into acute leukemia.*sigh*

Reactions: Piss Clam

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
That was something that I wasn’t taught in school when it came to blood donor deferral. (:_( All I do is type blood, crossmatch it, and issue it when it comes to blood banking. You can only donate blood autotologously which is like donating snow to Eskimos. It is the JAK2 mutation that causes PV. PV is definitely listed under a myeloproliferative disorder like CML. Fun fact PV can turn into acute leukemia.*sigh*

Ya I know about the leukemia...but oh well I've lived a good life so if I gotta go then I gotta go.

Here is another fun fact. I spent two years restricted to my bed and a wheelchair because of CFS(chronic fatigue). I was very active in the outdoors so this pretty much devastated me. Lucky for me my immediate family only lived two hours away so they were able to come help me, by driving to appointments, mowing my lawn, buying my food, and rearranging my room so my computer was a couple of feet from my bed....so I could shitpost here :)

I went through so many tests that everybody knows my name at the local hospital. It wasn't until my shins turned bright red and my hams/feet swelled up that they figured out what I had. When they drained me the first time 1000ml within 24hours my CFS disappeared. It was like a light switch. Though I still have some tiredness and shortness of breath it is no where near what I had. I went through a couple of weeks of physical therapy so I could walk again.

They have a standard procedure if I get admitted to the hospital.

1) they put me on an antibiotic iv.
2) they ultra-sound my legs looking for blood clots.
3) they give me two or three shots in the stomach of blood thinner.

They also gave me a new antibiotic shot which lasts for 30 days. I don't remember what it is called, but I was like...okay..nice.

I suppose that is so they don't get sued, as they are looking for blood clots, cellulitis, and sepsis.

They also quarantine me for MRSA if I have any type of wound on my shins, because they can't tell until they get the results back.

Nice yellow outfits there nurse :) Plus I no longer get a plate for food, just a paper plate and plastic fork/knife/spoon that they toss.

So that is why I say when people say they have CFS doctors should listen.

Last edited:

Yolandi

Resident Pokemon Go expert
kiwifarms.net
Looking very forward to a day inside, out of the heat and humidity. Days inside always mean plenty of laundry gets done :p plenty of reading too. I also want to finish playing Super Mario 3 (I'm almost at the end, going through all the difficult world 8 stages.)

• Feels
Reactions: nonvir_1984

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
I'm not looking forward to going to work today, but that's nothing especially new or unexpected. Everything at work is obnoxiously predictable to the point that I have actually printed up some little bingo cards just to give myself something to do and laugh at because nine times out of ten everything will happen just as I expect like clockwork.
Here's what's going to happen today. I'm going to arrive on time if not maybe five to ten minutes early to find one of two things. The air conditioner in the building is either broken again for the nth time this month or it's unbearably cold in the building because God forbid the temperature ever be moderate. Inevitably whoever was on morning shift will not have done their job and it will fall upon me to do it for them and if I come to an authority figure about it I'll here the same tired teamwork speech that that has never once been relevant to my job considering we're about as much a team as a cheese burger is an automobile. If we were a team I wouldn't have to be picking up everyone else's work. Then of course there will likely be some sort of arbitrary rule change to "the company policy" that will be forgotten and disregarded by the entire staff as soon as it becomes inconvenient for them to actually follow but they'll still insist it was always the rule while not actually upholding it or only upholding it where certain employees are regarded and not others. Like clockwork slack jawed customers will will without warning stop in my direct path to gawk at their phone or a product only to then ask what the price is because no one fucking did their jobs and labelled the damn things thus wasting more of my time that could be spent getting my own work done. Of course even if it does have a label they'll probably still ask and then insist I change the price for them or insist that it's really a different product, this will inevitably lead me to wasting even more time fetching one of maybe two exceptional managers granted they aren't chatting up a friend on the phone in the back room for six hours.
Don't even get me started on the eight to ten shoplifters a day who management refuses to confront of prosecute because it might fucking offend someone. We're hemorrhaging money at this point and it fucking baffles me that we somehow manage to break even considering that it addition to just letting people rob us blind we'll basically let them return anything regardless of whether it even fucking came from our store. Melted boots covered in concrete? Sure, we'll let you return those. Half of a shovel you broke? Absolutely! Oh, your dog ate half the bag of dog food and only now do you realize it wasn't the right brand? Sure, here's your money back. Oh, the bathroom? You're standing in front of it.

gachacunt

Who am I? And who is the me within I?
kiwifarms.net
I'm doing great! Got back from a very important appointment, got some chinese food to celebrate. I'm hoping that things will get better from here, so i'm doing my best to stave off my worrywart tendencies for today.

I hope everybody else is having a wonderful day: if not, then I hope tomorrow treats you better!

Brain Power

If you don't leave, I will destroy you myself.
kiwifarms.net
It's so fucking cold in here, even with a heater at full power, it barely gets warmer. Even my brain froze with the cold, I can't even think things properly.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino