How are you doing? - Kiwi Farms Wellness Check

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Exhausted but triumphant from moving out of my dorm and my big (virtual) graduation day! It was a small but meaningful celebration with drinks and Carrabba's for takeout! Only took 2 days to pack and unpack everything, and my extended family's planning a big Zoom meeting to congratulate me!

At the same time, I'm bummed about my surprise Mediterranean cruise being a bust- it would have been my mom's present to both of us as she also celebrates her birthday later in the year. We would have flown out to Barcelona and planned to visit Spain, France, England, and Italy for 2 weeks. However, we decided to break it up into mini vacations as compensation; so far we've narrowed it down to Nashville first, then St. Augustine and the Florida Keys!
Congratulations on graduating! Sorry to hear about your cruise not working out, and I hope your mum's doing well too.

Pina Colada

OG Boxxy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Congratulations on graduating! Sorry to hear about your cruise not working out, and I hope your mum's doing well too.
She is, although she's not going out of the neighborhood unless it's necessary (mainly for groceries and appointments).

• Feels
Reactions: Bender

Malagor the dank omen

Drakwald's most coveted goat
kiwifarms.net
Being sad because I saw a girl from Tinder for four months and didn’t do anything beyond hug because I didn’t know if she liked me like that and I didn’t want to get in trouble for sexual harassment, looks like I’ll be 22 and a virgin in a few months instead of 21 and one. Anyone who says everyone gets laid in college is a liar.
I didn't got laid in college either, so don't stress yourself over that crap too much. You'll get a chick that if she isn't into you, she will be too desperate for a shag to reject you like it happened with me.

As for how i'm doing, finally government lifted restrictions on movement in my town, so i can finally go visit my brother in the city. This has really lifted my spirits since all this time he seemed a bit down and he was really happy to invite me for lunch. I also decided to check on my twitter buds (haven't used social media since 2 months ago) and the second i opened the webpage i got depressed as fuck, like that goddamed thing sapped away my happiness. I should delete it and never go back.

Raging Capybara

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Being sad because I saw a girl from Tinder for four months and didn’t do anything beyond hug because I didn’t know if she liked me like that and I didn’t want to get in trouble for sexual harassment, looks like I’ll be 22 and a virgin in a few months instead of 21 and one. Anyone who says everyone gets laid in college is a liar.
At least you already hugged a girl and is closer to your 20s than your 30s.

Leonard Helplessness

kiwifarms.net
Feeling real good honestly, starting to work out again, but still smoking and drinking. Trying to write a bit more hoping I can move past the faggoty purple prose phase of my life, so my shit doesn't read like a teen girl trying to be Hunter S.
Only way to get better at writing is to write. Keep it up!

Life's pretty good, other than I'm jealous of the people who are able to get haircuts at the moment. Still, I'm not sure I've ever been happier. I think I owe a great deal of that to working on my social connections. I've never found it difficult to make friends; the problem has always been identifying and keeping around the ones who are genuinely good people. The internet can make it very difficult to distinguish a good person from a terrible one, until you become experienced and know all the warning signs that someone intends to prey on you.

Empathy, sympathy, compassion, and kindness are important traits to have, but they're easily preyed upon by bad people. Equally bad or perhaps worse, there exist mentally ill people who devour the happiness of others and provide nothing in return but more pain and grief. You can do very little for such people except let go. Here's a relevant excerpt from a TV show of otherwise questionable quality:

Be happy, identify when you're sad, and identify why. Try to help people who signal that they need it, but be mindful that some do not want to be helped; they only want to need to be helped, and they will fight to maintain that sorry state. You must cut ties with such people, regardless of how much it hurts the both of you.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Pees out the side of his dick
kiwifarms.net
I feel like I'm in purgatory. I basically just graduated and I'm stuck in my folks' house. I should start the job hunt, but a combination of Corona isolation and my own anxieties make me keep holding it off. Beyond that, I just do nothing all day and night, bored out of my skull.

Really, the worst part is that my sleep schedule is completely fucked up. Whenever I don't have anything to wake up for, I start waking up at later times. Right now I keep waking up at 10 in the morning and it feels fucking awful. I keep telling myself to correct it, but short of needing to wake up for something like a job, it ain't happening anytime soon.

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
With all the weirdness and uncertainty happening, I've realized how necessary music is to me.

When I need distraction, entertainment, background noise or something to articulate how I feel -or- something to make me feel it's music.

Its seemingly one of my needs, at least insofar as my mental health goes.

Tags
None