How are you doing? - Kiwi Farms Wellness Check

Leonard Helplessness

kiwifarms.net
I feel like I'm in purgatory. I basically just graduated and I'm stuck in my folks' house. I should start the job hunt, but a combination of Corona isolation and my own anxieties make me keep holding it off. Beyond that, I just do nothing all day and night, bored out of my skull.

Really, the worst part is that my sleep schedule is completely fucked up. Whenever I don't have anything to wake up for, I start waking up at later times. Right now I keep waking up at 10 in the morning and it feels fucking awful. I keep telling myself to correct it, but short of needing to wake up for something like a job, it ain't happening anytime soon.
Christ, this has been a bad year to graduate. Sorry fren. Still, props for making it through university (assuming you got a college degree). Higher education is a mental health nightmare nowadays.

It's been too long since I graduated to say what you should start doing in order to get your first real job as a fresh grad with (presumably, unless you got internships or something to that effect) no applicable work experience. But I know what it's like to come home and feel like you're adrift with no purpose. Also, I'm fully aware that job hunting seriously sucks even in the best of times, and anxiety can only make things worse.

I don't know what you graduated in, but my advice is: Even in the midst of a shit economy, start looking now. Get your resume together and start applying to jobs. Requirements on job listings are "the ideal candidate" wishlists, not fail-stop conditions that must be met. Put out lots of applications and you'll inevitably get a few interviews here and there -- usually phone screenings at first to make sure you're not some druggie, then in-person interviews where even if you're turned down, you'll come back more experienced at interviewing and more ready to ace the next one. Most importantly, never get discouraged and never, ever take it personally when you're turned down for a job. Just try again someplace else.

Also, if you don't mind spending time with your folks, your current situation is a great time to learn some life skills. If your parents always cooked for you and you spent school and college living on fast food and cafeteria slop, now is a perfect opportunity to learn how to cook cheaply, healthfully, and deliciously. Even if your parents' cooking is ass, you can still probably learn basic kitchen skills from them and then find some good fucking recipes online. Cooking is rewarding as hell and once you do have an entry-level job you won't have as much time to learn your stuff, so now's your chance.

Which reminds me, I need to make a proper tuna noodle casserole again. Or something with fish in general. I crave fish. Memorial Day weekend's coming up and I already have nori and rice; I should get the rest of my sushi fixings around. Lockdown's fucked with me for too long and kept me away from my friends; fuck that noise.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
I feel like I'm in purgatory. I basically just graduated and I'm stuck in my folks' house. I should start the job hunt, but a combination of Corona isolation and my own anxieties make me keep holding it off. Beyond that, I just do nothing all day and night, bored out of my skull.

Really, the worst part is that my sleep schedule is completely fucked up. Whenever I don't have anything to wake up for, I start waking up at later times. Right now I keep waking up at 10 in the morning and it feels fucking awful. I keep telling myself to correct it, but short of needing to wake up for something like a job, it ain't happening anytime soon.
hey fellow 2020 grad
I feel you, I’m basically on my phone all day.
I have an internship for the fall but I need to learn how to drive which I have been putting off due to anxiety.
I wake up really early (like, 6:30-7) which means I get tired at 9 and it’s also kind of lame.

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
Anybody got a pair of lower legs all the way down to feet they can spare me? I can't seem to heal from 4 workout related injuries, and I have to travel miles per day for various reasons. Some days every step is pain, other days my adrenaline gives me a few miles before I remember mages aren't rogues or ninjas. Plus sinuses and lungs are way off and on and giving me hell.
At least I'm 4 weeks and now 23% ahead in my work. Ugh.
Great mood otherwise. No sarcasm intended. There's always big boobs and monsters, in that order.

Leonard Helplessness

kiwifarms.net
Hope everybody has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. I got out and did stuff today and it was fucking awesome. The world's waking back up; everyone's tending their gardens together and playing and doing stuff outside again. Lots of mask-wearing.

Human contact is a salve, I find. The internet encourages people to see and assume the worst in each other. Actually talking to people does the opposite. Shutting yourself in drives you insane without you even noticing. I worry for everybody who's locked in and hiding from each other out of fear of an invisible enemy.

"Live free or die" never before had so much meaning to me.

queerape

Gorilla gorilla goes Gorillaz
kiwifarms.net
I've been doing pretty alright. My garden is up and running, for one. I am thinking of starting an indoor herb garden where i used to have the fish tank. I walked 8 miles today. Had a vid chat with some friends. I could be (and have been in the past) doing a lot worse. Now, I don't want to jinx it, but so far, I've actually been doing almost good.

Brain Power

From your average E10+/E rated rhythm game :)
kiwifarms.net
I had to go buy some things for the house, and I tell you, if I had one dollar for every person I saw wearing their masks wrong or doing stupid shit while wearing them (like kissing nonstop, do that at home!), I'd be rich by now. With people like that, it's no wonder that they can't "flatten the curve" here.

Chan Fan

Quarantine Queen
kiwifarms.net
Tired but taking turns working and resting. Some days that's more of an art than others. While I rest and think about what I'll do after I'm rested, it's good for morale to think that way

Reactions: FrownyFace

Romper Stomper

How do you do, my fellow whites?
kiwifarms.net
My cat died in my arms while I was trying to help him. He ran away for a few days and we couldn't find him, and finally came back looking starved and dehydrated. We got him to drink some water but he was extremely tired and would not stop yowling like he was torturous pain. He was trying to crawl away from his bed and while I was picking up off the floor to put him back in bed he just let out a few gurgles and a gasp for breath and just stopped breathing. I tried reviving him but it just wouldn't happen. He was my best friend for 12 years ;_;
I don't know why he had to get out, he was never an outdoor cat

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Played videogames for the first time in probably a year, was pretty fun, might do it again. I also rode the bus for the first time in almost a year, two rows ahead of me sat a guy with that cancerous bad breath and it was a good example of how far both bad breath and corona can travel. Other than that everything is really good, just waiting on some tests to see if I have GRIDS or whatever they need nine vials of blood for.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My cat died in my arms while I was trying to help him. He ran away for a few days and we couldn't find him, and finally came back looking starved and dehydrated. We got him to drink some water but he was extremely tired and would not stop yowling like he was torturous pain. He was trying to crawl away from his bed and while I was picking up off the floor to put him back in bed he just let out a few gurgles and a gasp for breath and just stopped breathing. I tried reviving him but it just wouldn't happen. He was my best friend for 12 years ;_;
I don't know why he had to get out, he was never an outdoor cat
Holy shit, that's terrible. How are you doing?

Guts Gets Some

Don't lose your way
kiwifarms.net
It's amazing juxtaposing this with where I was last year at the same point in time, it's almost the polar opposite situation.

2019: So lonely and stagnant with my life, waiting on people who I never should've bothered with, borderline hopeless and bored

2020: Have met one of the most amazing people of my life during what the media is trying to tell me is the darkest times, so optimistic about everything from now on, been working hard to get into better shape, etc. It can be tiring sure, but, I'll always look back to this year and this part of my life happily, I think, regardless of where it goes from here.

Well, not to attention whore myself out. I got my crush to block me after I probably spammed a bunch of messages about how well are you doing, oh this is great and awesome, do you watch this anime or series multiple times? Well at least I'm not some guys who just send a dick pic.
Tip for the future: Anything an incel would do, DON'T ever do it.

SomeCybranCommander

kiwifarms.net
It's amazing juxtaposing this with where I was last year at the same point in time, it's almost the polar opposite situation.

2019: So lonely and stagnant with my life, waiting on people who I never should've bothered with, borderline hopeless and bored

2020: Have met one of the most amazing people of my life during what the media is trying to tell me is the darkest times, so optimistic about everything from now on, been working hard to get into better shape, etc. It can be tiring sure, but, I'll always look back to this year and this part of my life happily, I think, regardless of where it goes from here.

Tip for the future: Anything an incel would do, DON'T ever do it.
I think it's all my fault for getting myself blocked. I should've kept things simple and just friendly instead of just diving into intimacy.

• Agree
Reactions: Guts Gets Some

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, not to attention whore myself out. I got my crush to block me after I probably spammed a bunch of messages about how well are you doing, oh this is great and awesome, do you watch this anime or series multiple times? Well at least I'm not some guys who just send a dick pic.

Life sucks having Aspergers. I'll go in my corner and think about what I've done.
Give us some screenshots so we can give you advice, man.

Guts Gets Some

Don't lose your way
kiwifarms.net
I think it's all my fault for getting myself blocked. I should've kept things simple and just friendly instead of just diving into intimacy.
It's one thing to feel chemistry and an intense interest and/or like for a girl and another being intimate or in love. It's fine if you feel optimistic about someone, but you gotta know them and make sure she's on the same page as you before you go elevating it.

After all, if you truly enjoy a girl's company, you don't need to race to the supposed finish line of "intimacy"; enjoy her company whenever you're around her. And if that then becomes love for the both of you, you'll be glad you not only took your time, but built yourselves a rock solid foundation to then build the rest of it on.

Reactions: SomeCybranCommander
Tags
None