How are you doing? - Kiwi Farms Wellness Check

Pepsi-Cola

Fuck Cumrobbery!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bored as fuck and I feel stuck since no good change lately
start lifting but unironically

edit: i'll clarify a bit. I'm not one of those joe rogan type fags that thinks lifting heavy objects for a couple hours every second day will cure depression but I think it can be really useful for people who are bored and feel like their life is stagnate. It'll give you something to do most days and you'll have clear positive results very quickly that will make you feel like you're getting somewhere.

Last edited:

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net
start lifting but unironically

edit: i'll clarify a bit. I'm not one of those joe rogan type fags that thinks lifting heavy objects for a couple hours every second day will cure depression but I think it can be really useful for people who are bored and feel like their life is stagnate. It'll give you something to do most days and you'll have clear positive results very quickly that will make you feel like you're getting somewhere.
Well, no, but it's certainly better, than doing nothing. At least that way you have 2 hours a day less to think about suicide. Believe me, I know.
And the endorphins you'll get from exercise will help.

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

Pepsi-Cola

Fuck Cumrobbery!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And the endorphins you'll get from exercise will help.
While this is technically true, there are far easier/simpler ways to release endorphins like stretching exercises and simply tensing and releasing your muscles. Not saying working out isn't good for your mental health in other ways though.
Well, no, but it's certainly better, than doing nothing. At least that way you have 2 hours a day less to think about suicide. Believe me, I know.
pretty much how I think of it. Idk I'm not really depressed or anything but in general working hard for something and seeing results seems pretty fundamental to not hating your life.

Sped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
"Tensing and releasing your muscles" is isometric exercise, and no easier than lifting. You do get away with not having any heavy objects, so it is simpler, I suppose.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
pretty much how I think of it. Idk I'm not really depressed or anything but in general working hard for something and seeing results seems pretty fundamental to not hating your life.
Actually, I can think of a few benefits more. Depressed people have problems with sleep, so excercise may help to normalize day-night cycle. They also have problems with food, so spending more energy will increase your appetite and you will enjoy food more. Also, faster metabolism will increase the amount of energy you have, so you won't feel tired all the time. Finally, it helps you to organize your routine, for God's sake.

The Wizard

I have spells.
kiwifarms.net
I need to start working out. I've been hit by the Covid-15, due to staying inside all the time, but September is when I really started to notice this change. For the whole month of September, I was extremely apathetic, tired, depressed, and anxious, and because of this, I spent near 100% of my free time on the PC.
I've always been on the skinny side, and people have even told me that I need to gain weight, but if this is what its like, then count me out. I'm only at BMI 21.1 now, but holy fuck, I feel disgusting. Not in appearance, but in physical sensations. My face feels heavier, like my cheeks are pulling down on me. When I walk down stairs, I can feel my proto-beer-gut and moobs jiggling.

I got promoted at work, so that is good, but sadly, it has drawbacks. To avoid PLing, I'll just say that I work with chemicals that leave my hands very dry, especially since I have to wash them so much. My skin is breaking open on its own and it hurts so fucking bad. I literally can't bend my thumbs because I have sores right where my joints are. I really wish I could take a vacation. I've been at this place for a couple of years, and have never had one, except for two and a half weeks earlier this year, because of the lockdowns. Its been nearly a month since I've had a proper weekend. Each weekend has been spent helping people who need assistance in something, and I am sort of glad that I did help, but I can't wait for a few days that I can just have all to myself.

I think I may just take a walk through the forest park, tomorrow. I haven't done so in a while, and if nothing else, I need some time to just exhale from everything.

Chiang Kai-shek

His Excellency Generalissimo
kiwifarms.net
Turns out all I needed to do was call the temp company and say I want to move forward with the new job to get the job. I start the 26th, but I’m a nervous wreck. On the one hand it doesn’t seem that bad and gives me more to put on my resume than my current job. Hell im not even technically leaving my current job as I can come back any time if my new job doesn’t work out. Despite all the pros I’m still dreading my first day and the new job itself. Even though I hate working at my current job, I’ve kinda grown up there and have a lot of memories of working there. Like some kind of anchor in troubled times. I’m scared to lose that anchor and all the people I’ve met working there even though I absolutely need to start working full time to provide for myself. Why can’t I just let go of this anxiety and just be excited for a new job pays better and is only ten minutes away with Fridays being only 4 hours long? Instead I’m attached to a fast food job I hate.

Damien Thorne

kiwifarms.net
I am realizing that I have not been living life in a way that reflects what I would like to believe my values are. Hell, only I can change that, and I am painfully aware that the first few steps in the right direction are the most difficult. I want to be more physically healthy, so I should not be using COVID as an excuse to watch too much TV. I want to go to more 12 step meetings, so I should actually attend the telemeetings while my favorite face to face meetings are on hiatus. I am really good at coming up with excuses to not do what I want to do. Ain’t that some bullshit.