How are you listening right now? - Spotify, iTunes, YouTube Music?

rooblue

kiwifarms.net
I cut the cord with all my streaming service months ago and went back to obtaining my media through alternative means. The thing I have found frustrating is losing the content of my Spotify playlists. I have some older albums that I've been using in the meantime to listen to, and have been slowly downloading more recent music.

I did stop to wonder if this was even the most efficient way of doing it...so, what is everyone else doing? Do you bit the bullet and just subscribe to streaming services? Is there an alternative I haven't considered?

A Hot Potato

STAY HOME
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I try to listen to a new album every day, which I always do so by downloading from somewhere.

I then save said album into my playlist, and have it set to random at all times.

Said playlist is 215 hours so far, and this isn't every album I've ever listened to, or even every one on my computer.

My computer is hooked up to my home theater system via HDMI, and I've currently got it set up for 5.2 surround sound.

That .2 means I got two subwoofers, so naturally, I blast the fuck out of the whole house.

Get on my level, you weak little faggots.

Curious Addie

kiwifarms.net
I subscribed to Tidal for a few months and ripped terabytes upon terabytes of FLAC. I even ripped stuff I had already torrented because the quality was so good and consistent and the filenames were better.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
My old 160 gb iPod. I don't use streaming services very often, I have a huge catalog of music on the iPod to rotate through, plus a giant folder of music on my laptop I can copy over if I want to take a few things out of rotation.

rooblue

kiwifarms.net
My old 160 gb iPod. I don't use streaming services very often, I have a huge catalog of music on the iPod to rotate through, plus a giant folder of music on my laptop I can copy over if I want to take a few things out of rotation.

This is essentially my go-to at the moment, except I only have my smartphone which has a much smaller capacity. I just thought I was being a real boomer about it.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I set up a synchtube usually with a hundred or so hours of old episodes this one music show I like.
When I'm biking to work I blast the most recent ones out of my phone stored locally.

Desire Lines

so long, and thanks for all the fish
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
rutracker all the time, every time baby B)
the music player i use is musicbee, it's a nice balance between foobar2000's customization and iTunes's accessibility