How are you listening right now? - Spotify, iTunes, YouTube Music?

Dick Justice

カウドッゴは皆がどこへ行ったかしらー
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bandcamp, it's the only way to guarantee ownership of your music and get it at future-proof quality.

Slowpoke Sonic

psychic water hedgehog pokemon (they/them)
kiwifarms.net
Music uploaded to YouTube / Soundcloud / Spotify don't have alot of quality tbh.

I frequently use MusicBee and sometimes foobar2000. I use DeezloaderRemix and a software that downloads music off of Bandcamp to get music that I like. Got 1k tracks installed over the past week. 8)

karz

"... you thrive in human misery."
kiwifarms.net
YouTube + AdNauseam for seamless ad-free streaming. And creators still get paid. It's great!

Sage In All Fields

πr8 of the $777Cs
kiwifarms.net
YouTube with Ublock and Sponsorblock with manual-skip set for non-Music sections if I'm just exploring. VLC with FLACs bought off Bandcamp otherwise, I'm looking at also buying a bunch of CDs.

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

Please do not rate this user's posts autistic.
kiwifarms.net
Ever since a tragic (and avoidable) pilates accident robbed me of my hearing, I've found the only way to enjoy music is to take a 9 oz coffee mug, fill it with lukewarm WD30, and put it next to the speaker. I then dip my pinky in the oil, which transfers the vibration and allows me to "hear" the music.
That's how I listen these days.

Ero

Figure It Out Lil Bruises
kiwifarms.net
I use a modded apk of Spotify so I can use it for free without the restrictions that the offical free app has. The only thing it lacks is the ability to download music or set the audio quality to high or very high tho, which is not really a problem since the quality between normal and very high is rarely noticeable.

Last edited:

Pizdec

Blin it is good.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Youtube Premium, surprisingly I get the mix of pandora's new music, with the repetitive-ness of spotify, and the ability to download youtube videos offline when need be.

Allegory

kiwifarms.net
If you already have Amazon Prime the video service and music streaming thing are added value.

I sign up for Spotify premium a usually a couple times a year when a good promo comes across my path.

https://www.datpiff.com/

If you are into hip hop that is where all mainstream artists drop their mixed tapes.

SoundCloud is full of good content too.

Youtube is hard to go wrong with for mainstream music if you are using a desktop. Shit is unusable on mobile though unless you pay for premium.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cassette tape. I scored a bunch of custom loaded jobbies from Tapeline (NOS Maxell Type IV tape in silver Type I shells) and I've been recording mixtapes onto those.

Damien Thorne

kiwifarms.net
I mainly use iTunes music, which I know qualifies as horrifying. But I did manage to discover some great musical talent using their playlists.

I also have a vinyl player that I use mainly to listen to ‘70s rock.