How can the left can improve its memes? - Should 41% become the left's 1488?

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

Is 5197 a good meme?

• Yes

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • No

Votes: 56 94.9%

• Total voters

vulgar

kiwifarms.net
Imo "the left can't meme" is just a simpler way of saying "neolibs can't meme." Right-wing boomers (who also can't meme) are neolibs too, they just hold next to zero political power, so naturally, the attention is going to fall onto the young leftists who do hold political power. Neolibs can't meme because humor is inseparable from culture. Neoliberalism is the antithesis of culture since the moderate neolib (in the US Republicans) disregard the culture, and the extreme neolibs (in the US Democrats) despise the culture.
instead of “the left can’t meme” it should just be “the establishment can’t meme.” The humor in memes often relies on subversiveness and edge, its far easier to step on toes when meming from the right.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
I sincerely doubt that Rosa Luxemburg and Klara Zetkin would've been able to meme, maybe not because they were filthy Reds, but because they were women
They were also not working class...
Those commies dont care about Thälmann or Ernst Busch, maybe because those guys were somewhat working class and would have shot a couple of troons before going down...

soy_king

Rule of Daxquisition Number 817: Always be seethin
kiwifarms.net
They were also not working class...
Those commies dont care about Thälmann or Ernst Busch, maybe because those guys were somewhat working class and would have shot a couple of troons before going down...
Maybe, but they were definitely closer to the working class than the lumpenproles that currently infest the western communist movements. I'm pretty sure Liebknecht and Bela Kun would've pumped some lead into the modern left too.

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nah, twitter commies and other leftists are the same. E.g., this should reasonably be a shitpost thread for the most part and yet you've typed out this longwinded, academically worded response.
You have a lot of more economically left-wing people who don't believe that destroying culture is the way to go. Of course, most of those have already gone Natsoc or are silently sobbing away in solitude right now.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe, but they were definitely closer to the working class than the lumpenproles that currently infest the western communist movements.
Nah, they come from the same class---
thats why Cambodia was the only real communist socciety.. just shot everybody who can read...

DrearyDoomguy

Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.
kiwifarms.net
Maybe not political memes, but there has been some memey stuff from bernie bros, before their hope was crushed in 2016 by a stolen pre-election.

For example, this was made by a berniebro.

Honestly, the best memes are generally politically unaligned, the right just has a bit of an edge in repurposing them. You make the meme funny first, then you add in your political spin. Remember the old quote "brevity is the soul of wit"? Heavy handed political messaging isn't funny.

Tell you what, I'll even throw in an example of a lefty getting it right.

164795002_3736609779741702_6550410581562248638_n.png

In this rare instance, they make the joke as succinctly as possible. It's fucking funny. Be funny. That's literally all you have to do. It isn't rocket science.

Vulva Gape

White Boy Summer
kiwifarms.net
Neoliberalism is the antithesis of culture since the moderate neolib (in the US Republicans) disregard the culture, and the extreme neolibs (in the US Democrats) despise the culture.
Not all lefties are neolibs. The tankies want to gas the trannies and blacks if it means good for working class, so they can joke about that stuff.

But I feel like tankies aren't too funny either, it's like "red scare" podcast girls saying retard over and over again and laughing. Just being offensive gets old quick.

If you want good examples of how the Left can meme look to CumTown
CumTown is pretty funny, but also really degenerate and dumb. I don't know how normies would feel about that

I'm gonna try the 5197 thing, see if I can bluepill people with it. I feel like it should work

soy_king

Rule of Daxquisition Number 817: Always be seethin
kiwifarms.net
But I feel like tankies aren't too funny either, it's like "red scare" podcast girls saying retard over and over again and laughing. Just being offensive gets old quick.
The weirdest thing about the Red Scare girls is how they're literally the embodiment of "that last time wasn't real communism, we can do it better this time." I wonder if they truly realize how shit the USSR was. It's just like how Adam's family shouldn't be particularly left wing seeing that leftist identity politics destroyed their home country.

ArnoldPalmer

kiwifarms.net
The reason why lefty memes don't work is because everything they have stood for since Occupy Wall Street has no basis in reality, and any points they could make are always backed up with lies (we're not trying to take your guns), or lies by omission (any time a black dies). They can literally only be dishonest, and it's hard to be funny when the material you're running on is a litgurative juggling act of fibs and cattiness. Not only that, but there's so much thin ice they have to tread just to get anything out there that won't get them cancelled. It's pretty exhausting to watch, actually.

Why can the right meme? Because the left are so easy to ridicule that it happens by accident every second of every day, simply by being honest. It's such low-hanging fruit that almost any joke at their expense sticks. Maybe if they didn't self-own CONSTANTLY, they might be able to sneak in a clever jab every once in a while. The current political memescape is CWC vs. The Trolls, and I don't think I need to explain who gets what role.

Maybe the left should learn that smugness only works if they can back it up, and confidence, if not outright arrogance, is the key to making a meme strike its target. The weak, whether that be physically, genetically, factually, emotionally, whatever, have no business attempting to be smug.

Last edited:

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

I try so hard and got so far
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, the best memes are generally politically unaligned, the right just has a bit of an edge in repurposing them. You make the meme funny first, then you add in your political spin. Remember the old quote "brevity is the soul of wit"? Heavy handed political messaging isn't funny.

Tell you what, I'll even throw in an example of a lefty getting it right.

View attachment 2026600

In this rare instance, they make the joke as succinctly as possible. It's fucking funny. Be funny. That's literally all you have to do. It isn't rocket science.
a boomer challenging trannies , of all people, on tech related stuff. Boy did he had it coming,