How can the left can improve its memes? - Should 41% become the left's 1488?

Is 5197 a good meme?

• Yes

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 57 95.0%

• Total voters

Lowlife Adventures

when your buck is broken, will it bring you down?
kiwifarms.net
OP, looks like your 5197 suggestion isn't being received too well. If I were to guess, it's because the idea behind 5197 (that women are more sexually assaulted) is something the left already acknowledges. It's not edgy enough.

On the other hand, 13/50 works because the idea behind it (that black people are just more violent) is something the left doesn't accept, so it pisses them off. It's edgy.

Cool Dog

No longer a dog, still cool
kiwifarms.net
Its hopeless, in lefty circles you cant even make fun of racists without being accused of racism, just ask chris rock and that motherfucker is blackity black

I'm not even taking dropping 'nigger' and 'faggot' around, just implying racism is racism now, you cant do shit

But the core of the issue is that the left lacks any sort of self-awareness, they cant even consider the possibility they are wrong which is why they hate actually self-deprecating humor like the kind the right does now, for them self-deprecating is actually humblebragging

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Many right-wingers argue that "the left can't meme". And unfortunately, I have to agree. Leftism requires intellectual acuity for one to understand most of the theory, and due to the more complex undertones of socio- and economic-leftist work, leftist memes have to contain more information that the average right-wing meme. For example, there are thousands upon thousands of "Feminist getting triggered" compilations on the YouTube, with the same exact points and jokes. Why are there so many? You would be hard pressed to find a leftist meme that has been overused so. It's because the right memes by taking a statistic, like 14% of blacks commit 88% of rapes or whatever, and then pare it down into an easily repeatable mantra, 1488. Then this is repeated ad-infinitum, first conceived on alt-right breeding grounds such as 4chan, and then shitted into the mouth of consecutively-more-normie social media sites until the meme becomes gospel, until one need not even say the word, one can just put a picture that is tangentially related to such, and boom. Your meme has been added to the dictionary of internet memes, and now anyone and everyone knows what you mean.

I say it's time for the leftists to put down their books and brains and learn from this barbarian tactic of dummifying your praxis until any street-shitting retard can understand what you mean.

But which statistic should the left meme?

There's the 41% for the trannies, or the 97% for the women. I think 97% is more viable as a meme since if you talk about trannies much of the woke left would run for their dilators instead of proliferating the meme across social media.

What should it be lads?

"Despite being 51% of the population, 97% of females have been sexually assaulted."

Is it good? Can the left meme now?
tenor.gif

Mr_Sam_Bones

Home-schooled & lonely
kiwifarms.net
How can the left meme when their world view dissolves under light scrutiny? The leftwing cannot joke about anyone without being rebutted by observable reality, the few people that they can even joke about are universally ridiculed to the point that it's no longer a noticeably leftwing activity. The leftwing point of view is based on the established academical point of view that is chocking all others, a point of view which is based on an ever increasing percentage of papers that are built around unreproducible experiments and tortured numbers and statics, which are peer reviewed and accepted at face value in spite of the fact that they no longer reflect reality, all for the sake of political activism. You cannot create comedy around a world which only exists hidden somewhere in queer intersectional feminist anticolonial analysis of detention rates for black pupils leading to higher incarceration rates, not because it's too academic, but because it's a bunch of assumptions tied in a neat little bow. You can create comedy around black people being violent because they're knocking out asian grandmas harder than corona

Not Really Here

"The Blackface Lawyer and Racist Dog Show"
kiwifarms.net
How can the left meme when their world view dissolves under light scrutiny? The leftwing cannot joke about anyone without being rebutted by observable reality, the few people that they can even joke about are universally ridiculed to the point that it's no longer a noticeably leftwing activity. The leftwing point of view is based on the established academical point of view that is chocking all others, a point of view which is based on an ever increasing percentage of papers that are built around unreproducible experiments and tortured numbers and statics, which are peer reviewed and accepted at face value in spite of the fact that they no longer reflect reality, all for the sake of political activism. You cannot create comedy around a world which only exists hidden somewhere in queer intersectional feminist anticolonial analysis of detention rates for black pupils leading to higher incarceration rates, not because it's too academic, but because it's a bunch of assumptions tied in a neat little bow. You can create comedy around black people being violent because they're knocking out asian grandmas harder than corona
A meme doesn't require humor, the humor just increases the desire to share among normies.
The much bigger issue is the current left is a coalition of small special interest groups, as such they have real problems having universal ideals(eg racism is bad but blacks have to have government help because they can't be expected to overcome challenges like real humans).
Another issue is in brevity, you need to know a topic extremely well to condense it into an image collage that is understandable to people who don't know the issue.

Haim Arlosoroff

We all failed to secure the existence of Linconia.
kiwifarms.net
Many right-wingers argue that "the left can't meme". And unfortunately, I have to agree.
This is because the right wing admit to their unconscious biases, the weight their emotions have on their decision-making, and actually like aspects of the cultures they are a part of.

Whereas the left have regressed into firstly a fitful state of euphoria previously only for the most anti-christian of atheists who believed in just about anything which used their terms and impersonated their leaders, and then into secondly a dark and sarcastic state of utter despair of which the medications do only so much to relieve the reality they briefly notice before rubberbanding back into mania.

Lumpenproletariat, the lot of them. Worthless except as patsies for machine politics and bodies for voting, when they can be made to pull their pants back up.

Leftism requires intellectual acuity for one to understand most of the theory, and due to the more complex undertones of socio- and economic-leftist work, leftist memes have to contain more information that the average right-wing meme.
If the goal is to acquire Gauche caviar with their landlord mindsets and fancy clothes, rather than the working man's conditions amongst their renters and employees, keep it up preppy, Stoke that ego! What else could letters and fancy accreditation possibly be for if it isn't to be as foreign as possible from the common man's plight and circumstances. Run bitch run, to your fancy party and exquisite tailor, and away from the muck of working with your hands and the honest day's labor. Ethos is for others, you've got a firm hand on Logos and a commitment to wed it to Pathos. You've got it all so figured out.

All I have is the populist's mob, angered by your smug tone and haughty superior airs, ready to fight to the death to prevent you from taking their life, liberty, and pursuit of the happiness which was once the dream of greater men than you.

It's because the right memes by taking a statistic, like 14% of blacks commit 88% of rapes or whatever, and then pare it down into an easily repeatable mantra, 1488.
An object of either malice or stupidity, certainly, but which? Am I falling for a troll, I don't entirely believe it. I don't entirely feel certain that is the only answer. Yet, what else could be this abundance of certainty in what is just not so?

I say it's time for the leftists to put down their books and brains and learn from this barbarian tactic of dummifying your praxis until any street-shitting retard can understand what you mean.
Your love of the proletariat is noted.

Have you tried talking to a poor before? Does the sobering hurt? Ethics and virtue must feel like holy water to you. People can see what you've wrote, why would you make such a mistake like this? I feel bad for you. Your great revelation of the absolute necessity to retaining dumb people to your cause has led you to openly calling them 'street-shitting retards'. What kind of schooling taught you to try this tactic? Did you forget kiwifarms can read? Is that idiocy helpful in getting to your goals? What goals could possibly lead you to hating the poor?

Are you just a Bourgeoisie with guilt? Is that all? Boo-hoo. Nobody owes you relief from reality. You hate the 'street-shitting retard', what kind of leftist are you? A feudal lord? Are you one of those queer landlord commies like Vaush?

"Despite being 51% of the population, 97% of females have been sexually assaulted."

Is it good? Can the left meme now?
"Despite making up only 13% of the population, blacks make up 52% of crimes." is an anti-black meme. Please, this is difficult but I will dumb this down. You need to get this.

"Despite being 51% of the population, 97% of females have been sexually assaulted." is anti what? Think. Think hard. If blacks are pushed away from the Alt-Right, are they hypocrites? Who are you pushing away with this, is it ~50% of the population? Are you trying to be a feminist or are you trying to advocate for a not 100% female group? Are you being hypocritical if you are trying to be for a group containing your out-grouping?

Last edited:

SouthernBitchBob

kiwifarms.net
Many right-wingers argue that "the left can't meme". And unfortunately, I have to agree. Leftism requires intellectual acuity for one to understand most of the theory, and due to the more complex undertones of socio- and economic-leftist work, leftist memes have to contain more information that the average right-wing meme.
Leftism requires enjoying the bouquet of one's own farts to a staggering degree. Demanding the world works in a way that conflicts with reality and creating a mountain of nonsense to defend that reality-denial from collapsing like the house of cards it really is requires something that sounds a lot like intellectual acuity, but more often boils down to autismo.

Also lol @ "Prithee what can we leftists so cursed with far too much intelligence do to sound more relatable to the stupids who just aren't smart enough to understand our jokes?" A leftist meme, folks.

Dandelion Eyes

kiwifarms.net
Most right-wing memes aren't particularly funny, but edgy. And leftist ideology is mostly based upon supporting the oppressed which is the most unedgy thing ever. This is why 41 percent is a good meme, but "trans people are valid" just comes off as preachy.
On the other hand, even if they manage to be edgy, you probably won't appreciate them unless you're a left-winger yourself. I've seen libertarians complain about gulag jokes while sharing "free helicopter rides" memes.

Samson Pumpkin Jr.

kiwifarms.net
all you faggots are talking the opposite of reality. the left has been winning the meme war for 100 years and you're over here like "the rite be funni." If right wing memes were appealing to a mass audience they would've won already.

This thread is one big cope. And it's very revealing too because basically everyone has internalised leftist memes as reality:
The prohibition doesn't work meme is not based on facts but on leftist hollywood propaganda glorifying boot leggers. If you ban abortion people will just do it themselves, right? War is bad because I saw hollywood movie that showed the poor plight of veterans. All barriers of the world will be broken down by technology so why even have borders in the first place? The difference between races are just skin deep, etc.

unless you're willing to reject the above you've already lost the meme war because you're operating under leftist dogma framework worldview

Xx_Retard Faggot 1488_xX

I miss my old friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
all you faggots are talking the opposite of reality. the left has been winning the meme war for 100 years and you're over here like "the rite be funni." If right wing memes were appealing to a mass audience they would've won already.

This thread is one big cope. And it's very revealing too because basically everyone has internalised leftist memes as reality:
The prohibition doesn't work meme is not based on facts but on leftist hollywood propaganda glorifying boot leggers. If you ban abortion people will just do it themselves, right? War is bad because I saw hollywood movie that showed the poor plight of veterans. All barriers of the world will be broken down by technology so why even have borders in the first place? The difference between races are just skin deep, etc.

unless you're willing to reject the above you've already lost the meme war because you're operating under leftist dogma framework worldview
The left has taken over the culture war, although that may be semantics at this point. Overall yes, as much game as the right talks, at the end of the day the left IS edgy enough that they openly agree with brainwashing your children, "its okay to assault our enemy", and completely rigging the system in their favor while righties will continue to say "I will fight fair, as I just want to cook, but lol niggers, see guys, we're winning".

The right waited too long to actually go fash (fuck the optics, lets just kill 'em and take over) and now will not have an opportunity until either china invades or the leftist society crumbles and its time to rebuild.

2016 had promise but the memes were just dreams.

Evil Enchilada

Tired Chinese Man
kiwifarms.net
The left has taken over the culture war, although that may be semantics at this point. Overall yes, as much game as the right talks, at the end of the day the left IS edgy enough that they openly agree with brainwashing your children, "its okay to assault our enemy", and completely rigging the system in their favor while righties will continue to say "I will fight fair, as I just want to cook, but lol niggers, see guys, we're winning".

The right waited too long to actually go fash (fuck the optics, lets just kill 'em and take over) and now will not have an opportunity until either china invades or the leftist society crumbles and its time to rebuild.

2016 had promise but the memes were just dreams.
Right-wing memes are more viscerally funny. Leftie memes are more "agreeable" and much easier dogwhistles (Jesus christ the irony in that is palpable).

Lemmingwise

I paid the right click price, not the crypto price
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The right wing memes do appeal to mass audiences. If there was the possibility to create movies around these things, they'd be box office successes. Assume for a moment that it's true.

This should tell you two things:

1. Movie industry doesn't care about just money, it cares about agenda first and money second.
2. Left wing ideas aren't more appealing to people, they're just more present.

You could see this with the insane success that right wing had on youtube and such when it was still an even playing ground. It wasn't until censorship that you only had destiny and vaush left of the "everyman talks about politics". And you can tell that they're just not close to as interesting, because like a sam harris / peterson debate they just get stuck talking about definitions that nobody cares about or moves anything forward.

The left wins because it has more money, more institutional power and it's true, they are more ruthless in their willingness to kill and censor.

It's hard for the right to organize because every succesful right wing group of 10 people will have 15 leftists infiltrants waiting for the right moment to destroy or redirect things to seperate leader from following.

I've had people share memes with me that they didn't know I had made and there have been news articles written about the memes I've made so I've seen how far a 5 minute photoshop can go. In the end they are just a modern type of chick tracts and they can't compete with multi mllion dollar experiences that stimulate the senses the way movie experiences do, with orchestral music playing your emotions like a fiddle.

There you don't need to be as truthful and funny, you can bend almost anything to sound like truth.

And when the underlaying machinery fails you get the kind of bill nye fiasco where you can see the man behind the curtain so to speak. The wizard working the machinery. But a well crafted experience like frozen or frozen 2 leaves most people blind to the concepts that are being indoctrinated, because the experience is so engaging.

Jaimas

H O N K
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember, back in the day, the left could meme. It could meme very effectively, and with brutal efficacy. There were memes that didn't even need words, and used image comparisons well. By 2010, however, the left's ability to meme had essentially died off. What happened?

Three things:

1. Most memesmiths of the age came from chantards, shitposters from ytmnd, and various other places that proudly referred to themselves as the internet's anus. These were people who cut their teeth on the duckroll (and later rickroll). They were left-leaning because, at the time, the left was all about protecting free speech and free expression and promoting social policies they agreed with, not because they were ideologues.

2. When the progressives emerged and took over basically every left-leaning community, they immediately turned their knives on anyone who wouldn't conform and wouldn't agree with them in lockstep. First target were any elements resisting the progressive slide. Second were any moderates that refused to conform. This meant that most of the memesmiths (who were center-left at best) fucked off for greener pastures.

3. The memesmiths, now off the leash, openly made fun of the progressives, who responded by calling them racists/alt-right/etc.

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is easy! They should take themselves less seriously. That's all. Humor stops working when it's too preachy and serious.
Taking yourself too serious results in not being funny. But stopping being overly serious doesn't suddenly make someone funny. It's just the first step.

Blamo

N/A
kiwifarms.net
Taking yourself too serious results in not being funny. But stopping being overly serious doesn't suddenly make someone funny. It's just the first step.
That is true. It is basically a foundation where thinking can be fluid enough to be creative.

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
As @Lemmingwise said. The left completely own the sources of propaganda. They don't need 'memes' because you pay them to tell you their ideas, you spend money on their films, and their TV and their products. Mona Lisa's Smile is critically acclaimed, loved as a 'chick flick' and made 141 million dollars for the creators. The entire underlying message of that film was that marriage will never satisfy you as a woman, you can have it all and you don't need no man! It was pure propaganda aimed at driving the slim tip of a very wide wedge directly into women's psyche's

Black Panther sells the propaganda of 'dem whytes took the futah!' to blacks and it made 1.3 billion dollars. Family Ties portrayed whites as murderous, petty, insecure lunatics that would lynch a 'good hard working, down to earth' family of proud blacks (they literally had an episode which portrayed moving to the all white middle class suburbs as being a dangerous and life threatening experience in the fucking 80's) and it won a golden globe and five emmies back when that shit was worth something.

The entire media apparatus of the state is effectively geared from the ground up to pour left wing poison into peoples minds. The fact that it doesn't work 100% of the time and that edgy jokes can make even somewhat of a dent just kinda shows how retarded the 'left' are.

Also, left and right are gay and fake distinctions.

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mona Lisa's Smile is critically acclaimed, loved as a 'chick flick' and made 141 million dollars for the creators. The entire underlying message of that film was that marriage will never satisfy you as a woman, you can have it all and you don't need no man! It was pure propaganda aimed at driving the slim tip of a very wide wedge d
And before mona lisa smile there was sex and the city, and before that there was friends, and before that there was singles, and before that there was the graduate and we're back in the sixties already.