How can the Right reclaim/produce culture? -

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net
Heinlein's works include the criticism of glorification of military and somewhat induced the concept of a strong female lead.

Gibson's movies' themes often include anti-authoritarianism and and the horrors of war.

Tolkien's works were popular with hippies of the time, because it was pro-nature and anti-war.

The duo typically go after who is easier to make fun of at the time. See their depiction of rednecks and Donald Trump.

The point is that none of these artists are truly pro-conservative. For every criticism of the left, they include a criticism and a half of the right.
Keyword "maybe".

Troonologist PhD

kiwifarms.net
I’m going to add to what everyone else has said without making using a thousand quotes. If the right is going to create its own original culture instead of imitating and reacting it/we should study what people who were actually good to get inspiration. Tolkien wanted to tell a timeless story that appeals to universal human values instead of a commentary on the times of the times or some trendy/“intellectual” academic bullshit. The goal of Team Silent, the makers of Silent Hill, was to create a masterpiece instead of a money maker. CS Lewis wrote The Chronicles of Narnia and The Space Trilogy with love whereas Pullman wrote His Dark Materials with hate and it shows. Murdoch Murdoch isn’t in this category but it’s at its best when it’s doing fantasy stories instead of redpill autism and memes.

So by this threads logic since the ‘left’ invented or at the least took image macros mainstream the right should give them up completely?
The left cannot meme. They just copy memes the right creates. The left has no creativity, no heart, no morality, no honor, no “soul.” All they have is “privilege.”

Keyword "maybe".
Those themes haven’t been exclusive to leftists since at least WW1. Leftists are outdated.

This entirely up to your own beliefs, but I believe the reason why the right has been losing so badly is because the left has actually been fighting a spiritual war when the right thinks it’s a cultural war. All the communism and pseudo-Marxism, euphoric atheism, Islam, Satanism, glorifying immorality and evil in media, witchcraft, voodoo religions, Zionism etc. Even the Jacobins, the first leftists to gain power, made killing Christianity and replacing it with their Cult of “Reason” a priority.

Meat Target

kiwifarms.net
What is it you value that's not being represented in the culture as you see it?
1. Entertainment that provides some respite from the 24-hour air raid siren of news, instead of being a glorified sermon on current events.

2. Minority/female/LGBT characters are fine, but making that their one and only characteristic does not a character make. It's worse than bad writing; it's not writing at all. it's checking a box and calling it a day.

Our protagonist has a vagina or increased melanin? Okay, cool, tell me more about them. Make me give a shit about them.

Note that this cuts both ways. I'm white and male, and would automatically pass on say, a game where the protagonist's only selling point is that he's voiced and mo-capped by Troy Baker.

3. Cut out the wish fulfillment and historical revisionism that downplays the hardships and even outright persecution of women and minorities in the name of "representation. You want me to feel white guilt? Don't show me Black Panther, Django Unchained, Birds of Prey, or Queer Black Women fighting for Germany in Battlefield 5. Show me Blood Meridian.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
So then the question becomes what happened to the online left since the Bush years that basically gave them a mass lobotomy?
Epicycles. They went from "racism is bad" to "racism is bad but only when it's done by white people but sometimes not even then because [bullshit bullshit bullshit]," and "no means no" to "no means no but you're not allowed to say no to someone from the LGBTQWERTY community because your failure to be attracted to them makes you complicit in [bullshit bullshit bullshit.]" Basically, they had won all their battles, but Permanent Revolution can't say "OK, good job team, last one out turn off the lights and lock the door." They had to keep finding more and more things to be outraged about, and since they'd painted themselves into a corner with the expressed ideal of universal tolerance, they had to start dreaming up ways around their own stated ideology. The result is what we see today, "a rats' nest of unprincipled exceptions to unexceptional principles."

Autumnal Equinox

Sing or I'll go home and kill all your mommies
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Heinlein, Parker and Stone libertarians not conservatives?

You are right about there being a lack of conservatives in entertainment. Dean Koontz is still writing, as is Orson Scott Card. Kelsey Grammar is a republican, Clint Eastwood is a right leaning libertarian. Aside from the ones you mentioned, those are the only big names still in the business that I know of.

Meat Target

kiwifarms.net
1. Entertainment that provides some respite from the 24-hour air raid siren of news, instead of being a glorified sermon on current events.

2. Minority/female/LGBT characters are fine, but making that their one and only characteristic does not a character make. It's worse than bad writing; it's not writing at all. it's checking a box and calling it a day.

Our protagonist has a vagina or increased melanin? Okay, cool, tell me more about them. Make me give a shit about them.

Note that this cuts both ways. I'm white and male, and would automatically pass on say, a game where the protagonist's only selling point is that he's voiced and mo-capped by Troy Baker.

3. Cut out the wish fulfillment and historical revisionism that downplays the hardships and even outright persecution of women and minorities in the name of "representation. You want me to feel white guilt? Don't show me Black Panther, Django Unchained, Birds of Prey, or Queer Black Women fighting for Germany in Battlefield 5. Show me Blood Meridian.
I guess to summarize: I don't hate wokeism in entertainment necessarily because I disagree with it. I hate it because it's shit.

Hell, this isn't necessarily right-wing. Stephen King, a massive liberal with incurable TDS, recently said basically the same thing and got devoured by the Twitterati.

CIA Nigger

Not a fed, just a random object on the street.
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Stop consuming and start creating. Time you waste being a mopey blackpill dispenser is time that could be spent making your own art, your own music, your own stories, your own... whatever! It doesn’t matter where or how you start, all that matters is that you just start making shit you like.
This could go for any group that whines about not enough content being made for them, not even just this group. Being a blackpilled doomer on the internet only gets you no future, creating media does.

One trend I've noticed among internet content creators is how many smaller ones gave up creating content in favor of whining online about Trump/the issue of the month all day every day. That's a one way ticket to obscurity, after all having a tweet go viral and gaining 5 followers for the 2k retweets gets you nowhere.

Boris Blank's glass eye

Ring the bell, Roll down the street
kiwifarms.net
This could go for any group that whines about not enough content being made for them, not even just this group. Being a blackpilled doomer on the internet only gets you no future, creating media does.

One trend I've noticed among internet content creators is how many smaller ones gave up creating content in favor of whining online about Trump/the issue of the month all day every day. That's a one way ticket to obscurity, after all having a tweet go viral and gaining 5 followers for the 2k retweets gets you nowhere.
Well shit, it isn't even limited to TDS or the past four years. Remember Phil Fish? Or Anthony Burch? What about the developers of Ooblets?

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Heinlein, Parker and Stone libertarians not conservatives?

You are right about there being a lack of conservatives in entertainment. Dean Koontz is still writing, as is Orson Scott Card. Kelsey Grammar is a republican, Clint Eastwood is a right leaning libertarian. Aside from the ones you mentioned, those are the only big names still in the business that I know of.
There are more conservatives in the film industry, but they want to remain anonymous for the sake of their careers.
There is a reason why the Friends of Abe exists.

gobbogobb

lol
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This is a good post and applies to left and right. So many wasted opportunities at the microphone every day.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Right can produce culture any time it wants too, the issue is the means of mass production and distribution are controlled firmly by the Left. Even worse, a specific faction of the Left that constitutes a dogmatic, if non-theistic religion. Not only will they not allow any cultural production that deviates from their orthodoxy, they will actively seek to destroy anyone that even tries to produce it within or without their organizations. Then they will seek to destroy the persons extended family too. And if allowed, kill them. We are not to THAT point yet, but we are pretty close. They are already enforcing the concept of blood guilt, and once you start doing that finding bodies in the street is not too far off.

What is most distressing however is I don't see any way to remedy this situation short of outright warfare, which, among other objectives, would be to drag the hollywood producer class, line them up along with college professors of subjects ending in studies, and killing them. Along with their students and institutional hangers on. You simply cannot appeal to the reason of a dogmatic religion. Maybe to individual members, because individuals can be talked too. But the collective, institutionalized religion that has taken over cultural power? I honestly dont see a way short of violence.

This is not to say I support this outcome. Perhaps over the next 40 years we can figure out a way to turn the ship without resorting o extreme measures. At this juncture though I am just not seeing it.

*edit* since apparently people are a tad confused about what I meant, what I am saying is the conservative culture could produce works, but they wont be permitted to be shown. For example, a right wing take on the current riots would cast the police as the good guys and Antifa as riotous hooligans. This is a take that would never be accepted for a film or tv episode. More importantly however anyone who tried to make it anyway would have their lives, and their families lives destroyed. Because the left wing is more then happy to not only make no active effort to assist in creating counter narrative culture, they are also quick to use force to prevent anyone from doing it either, even if they wanted too.

So unless you are willing to use force back, there really is no allowance for dissenting cultural views in the mainstream outside talk radio and some obscure print publications.

Last edited:
Tags
None