How do I avoid becoming Lolcow -

david77

kiwifarms.net
Hello everyone,

I was going to post this on n0chan but since its gone I decided to come here.

My case is that I'm schizophrenic and soon my job will require me to socialize online, I'm going to publish a webcomic and maybe make some smut comissions but the thing is that I'll have to keep a blog/tumblr and live with the possibility of my comic or art making people angry.

Its not just how to not get trolled or simply not being a creep, there is something else that sparks the lolcow-lolmilker bussines.

I have been told to inform people that I'm sz and what I say isn't the most rational all the time or simply not post anything beyond art, I know at the end I'll do the second thing but there is always a thingy-thing that may make everything fall.

MediocreMilt

Ooh good comeback... Moron
kiwifarms.net
Well, since you're talking about a webcomic...

ASKING people to open their minds/consider alternate ideas/laugh at their preconceived notions = :like: :like: :like:
FORCING them to do the above, or implying that they're all horrible bigots etc for not doing the above = :dislike: :dislike: :dislike:

neural

MovieBahb ォ運ム
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hello everyone,

My case is that I'm schizophrenic and soon my job will require me to socialize online, I'm going to publish a webcomic and maybe make some smut comissions but the thing is that I'll have to keep a blog/tumblr and live with the possibility of my comic or art making people angry.

Its not just how to not get trolled or simply not being a creep, there is something else that sparks the lolcow-lolmilker bussines.

I have been told to inform people that I'm sz and what I say isn't the most rational all the time or simply not post anything beyond art, I know at the end I'll do the second thing but there is always a thingy-thing that may make everything fall.
Step 1: Stop talking to whoever is telling you to do this on Discord.

Step 2: See Step 1.

Ron /pol/

Free @Corrugated Daffodils
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
delet this
If you have the self-awareness to ask this you're probably good, fam. :feels:
Hello everyone,

Well, since you're talking about a webcomic...

ASKING people to open their minds/consider alternate ideas/laugh at their preconceived notions = :like::like::like:
FORCING them to do the above, or implying that they're all horrible bigots etc for not doing the above = :dislike::dislike::dislike:
take your meds.
Show us your asshole so we can inspect it for tard cum
Good luck buddy. Schizophrenia is a real bitch to deal with.

Try not to take shit personally and you'll do fine.
Learn to make fun of yourself, realize that you mean nothing in the grand scheme of the internet. You are merely someone providing entertainment for your followers, that's really all you should be.
Step 1: Stop talking to whoever is telling you to do this on Discord.

Step 2: See Step 1.
Have sex

Bad Headspace

kiwifarms.net
The answer to your question has two angles:
  • Avoiding bad behavior
  • Making safety measures
First of all, you know that you have a mental illness. You will need to be sure that you know to filter yourself. Impulse posting is pretty much the number one lolcow thing to do.
You get angry or your sense of reality is not doing well, and you post something dumb. If you know when you are unstable, avoid posting online or you can just wait a little to cool down and not to be caught up in the moment. Even healthy people should do this, then Twitter wouldn't be an e-celeb career graveyard. And be aware of the communities you are interacting with. Different people have different standards, for example if you talk with totally normal people or you find some forum full of weirdos. Many times people just carry over their mannerism, lingo and "memes" from a niche community to a more mainstream one and bad things happen.

Second. Even if you are a saint, some people will try to get to you. So, avoid using the same username everywhere. Mix up your email addresses. Avoid personal blogging or sharing life details and don't post photos of your IRL stuff. Also be friendly to people, but don't trust them too much. It is a common theme that your "bros" are either trolls or just use somebody's lack of online experience to get close and do some wrecking.

I don't think front loading labels is a good idea, unless it is related to your art. - ie. it's okay if you make a comic about your life with your illness -, but if you make something unrelated you will come across as those Twitter accounts which are just a bunch of labels and no personality. Just post art, avoid blogging things that can be harmful. Try to improve your art and don't attack people in your comic.

As a final note I can recommend do lurk more here and other places. If you see a ton of people messing up, you will start to see patterns that you can avoid. Take your time.

Pixy Misa

kiwifarms.net
How do I avoid becoming Lolcow -
my job will require me to socialize online, I'm going to publish a webcomic and maybe make some smut comissions but the thing is that I'll have to keep a blog/tumblr and live with the possibility of my comic or art making people angry.

It's very easy. Don't share your personal life online. It's that simple.

I mean, if you want to promote yourself online, you can. But we don't need to know how, say, to give an example, you have a secret inflation fetish.

Most active threads are of people that can't stop sharing their private lives. One of those that I follow is boogie who can't stop bringing up his divorce and every single private detail he wants to complain about. Do we really need to know?

Lots of internet celebrities don't have threads, not because they aren't crazy, but because they know better. If you want a cartoonist as an example: Tom Preston, can't stop demeaning men and being an arrogant ass in public. If his comics weren't thinly veiled excuses for him to strawman and soapbox, He would be just another run of the mill mediocre artist.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino