How do I deprogram a troon? - Or put them on the steps to deprogramming themselves

{o}P II

Comfy Lad
kiwifarms.net
Odds are high they'd just call you a bigot and block you if you tried.

You could try pointing out that dysphoria is something most humans go through and that trans rhetoric allows big perverts like Jonathan Yaniv to claim they're true and honest women, though.

This image isn't perfect but you could use it:
View attachment 1199940
Imagine a stranger sending you this image

you wonder who the real mentalists are

• Agree
Reactions: Elkesh Taro

Elkesh Taro

kiwifarms.net
Odds are high they'd just call you a bigot and block you if you tried.

You could try pointing out that dysphoria is something most humans go through and that trans rhetoric allows big perverts like Jonathan Yaniv to claim they're true and honest women, though.

This image isn't perfect but you could use it:
View attachment 1199940
This is interesting but it looks more like an /lgbt/ shitpost made for the entertainment of people who already had no illusions about gender, than an actual attempt to speak to tumblr crazies on their own terms.
Here you are
Got it, call their parents. If nothing else the fact that the tranny somehow doxxed themselves enough for me to do that will convince them that this person has had enough internet for the next half decade.

sperginity

some oozing is expected
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
they are having some kind of personal crisis that has nothing to do with trooning out. Try to figure out what is wrong and support them in facing it. Trooning out is sometimes a cowardly way to avoid facing something terrifying.

Or, they might just be a huge fuckin' pervert, and you can't do anything to help them.

Trump's Chosen

Jolly Rager
kiwifarms.net
It can't always be done, but I mindjewed one out of it. I said: "Everybody is cheering for you now because it's new, but they'll stop when the novelty wears off and then it's back to normal." and "a lot of people will judge you for it and you will live a harsher life. You may think it isn't fair, but it is the reality and it's a fight you'll be fighting without making much progress for the rest of your life, never quite knowing when you'll have to fight the next fight and whether you'll have the energy for it."

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
Unless they are your dependents, or they have actively asked for your help or advice, leave them alone. One of life's toughest lessons is that you can't help everyone, and it isn't your responsibility to do so either. People need to be allowed to make their own mistakes, and intervening in people's lives without their consent "for their own good" is how bad things happen.

Sometimes someone's only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others. That's why this site exists. We laugh at cows, but we learn from them too.

Fangsofjeff

♡ the most special snowflake ♡
kiwifarms.net
If they don't immediately call you a problematic bigoted shitlord, there are some questions you could ask.

- How do you define gender? What makes you think you were assigned the wrong one at birth?
- When did you start feeling dysphoric? Any idea what triggered it?
- Why not call yourself gender nonconforming instead of trans? There is nothing wrong with disregarding gender norms.
- (bring up what HRT and SRS could do to their health and the fact that these things don't necessarily cure dysphoria)

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is interesting but it looks more like an /lgbt/ shitpost made for the entertainment of people who already had no illusions about gender, than an actual attempt to speak to tumblr crazies on their own terms.
Yeah, anyone who's not insane will see that and laugh because it points out the inconsistencies in postmodern identity dysphoria rules. Race dysphoria never caught on because to them, being white is seen as a universally bad thing, and that'd provide an easy out for anyone who's white. Body dysmorphia in terms of fatness doesn't work because it contradicts the whole "healthy at any size" movement and undermines the ability to get offended at fat shaming. In terms of height, it doesn't count either because it's bizarrely okay to make fun of short men.

Plus, a troon would just look at it for one second, say "that's bigoted, you're a bigot", and move on. Facts just don't work with those people, it's all about the feelings. If trying to tell them straight up things like:

It can't always be done, but I mindjewed one out of it. I said: "Everybody is cheering for you now because it's new, but they'll stop when the novelty wears off and then it's back to normal." and "a lot of people will judge you for it and you will live a harsher life. You may think it isn't fair, but it is the reality and it's a fight you'll be fighting without making much progress for the rest of your life, never quite knowing when you'll have to fight the next fight and whether you'll have the energy for it."
doesn't work, they're already gone.

So you might as well just start making fun of them and see if they either double down, or snap out of it. It's so heavily based in emotion that your only real tool is to try and shame them out of it, but if they're already a part of a troon community, they're 99% positive to double down and whine to their troon buddies who'll try to slander you, and maybe even attempt a character assassination.

• Agree
Reactions: Guy Made Of Bees

Book Thievery

Literature Liberator
kiwifarms.net
And rob the Farms of potential comedy material? Why on Earth would you want to do that?

...But in all seriousness, the libertarian in me tells me that you shouldn't bother. The more you tell someone that they shouldn't do something they want to do, the more they're going to want to do it anyway, just to spite you. Humans are weird like that. And besides that, it's their life, not yours. They can do what the hell the want with it, even if "what they want" involves "chopping their dick off and getting a stink ditch."

dinoman

⚡🐹🐹⚡
kiwifarms.net
There really isn't much you can do aside from refusing to indulge in their paranoid delusional fantasies.

In a just world, the only treatment for gender dysphoria would be therapy, not genital mutilation.

Cadda Cadda

kiwifarms.net
Changing people's minds is a very very difficult feat. Even professionals who use persuasions (sellers, politicians, etc.) can often pull it only for that brief moment which leads to the sale/vote.
The only long lasting way of shifting anyone worldview is to let them arrive there by themselves.

Your friend is probably addicted to the validation of to the troon clique, so what can you do is:
- be supportive of his accomplishments whatever they are (programming, art, work, college). This will hopefully attenuate the troon <-> dopamine link in his mind.
- do not show much reaction to any trooney "look how girly I am" moment.
- if along the road there is any "maybe I have made the wrong choice" moment (or even a slight doubt): listen attentively and amplify "seed of doubt" and reassure him that whichever choice he makes, it's going to be OK.

I would love to say "It works 95%" of the time, but the harsh truth is you cannot help someone who doesn't want to help him/herself.

Last edited:

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Take time to grieve for the friend you've more than likely just lost. If you could persuade them over the internet to do what they should do - shut off the computer, see a therapist, hear some harsh truths about what lies their emotions are telling them - then you're late. They've instead been listening to the people who have been providing, either actively or passively, a source of validation, an excuse to why they're unhappy, and a solution that doesn't work, but if they just take the next step, maybe they'll finally be happy.

You can try. The closest thing to good suggestions are in this thread. But it's near-impossible in real life, let alone online, and even if you were to somehow succeed they'd likely still hate you for it. Distance yourself for your own sake so none of the fallout gets on you.

Idiotron

kiwifarms.net
They were convinced by being told certain things over and over again.
You want to deprogram them, you have to slowly chip away at their shell.
Day after day, poke little holes in their worldview until eventually, it crumbles.
It will take a while but that's how you do it.

Tags
None