How do I stop being disappointed towards my parents, even though they’re trying to be well-meaning people? -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

BurningPewter

all I had to do was mail it in and I just won!
kiwifarms.net
Out of curiosity, what are some viewpoints you've read in the past that your parents were cool with since they were "challenging?" If we know that, maybe it would make more sense why the Unabomber one is so displeasing to them.

you know...other crazed destructive leftists, stuff like Michael Moore and Obama's books. The same thing. Why are they being such sensitive bitches about old Ted?

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Read this as "How do I stop being a disappointment to my parents", came in thread, saw I read it right the first time.

I recommend reading a book called "How to get a fucking job and move out" and read that in front of your parents.

As you leave to go back to your own place.
So you can go to work.
And pay your own fucking bills.

Megaroad 2012

I'M FACE FULL OF FLOOR AND LIFE SUCKS!
kiwifarms.net
I’m hoping to live on my own before I hit 30.
Give me maybe two or three years top.

I gave up making sense of this thread and all I'll say is just join the military.

Literally this is the easiest and best option to get out of any situation. It's not that bad if you're smart and don't blindly take whatever grunt job they offer and as much as a pain it is dealing with some of the assholes are, especially military bearing drones, it'll really help you grow up.

It's not too late, fam.

edit: grammar

Last edited:

JustFuckinaDude

They have a gas range!
kiwifarms.net
Wow. A lot to unpack here.

First of all: You're 26 and you live with your parents? Barring some sort of special life circumstances (you're CWC, you have cancer, etc), there's no reason for someone at your age to be living with mommy and daddy. Make your own way; the military is always hiring, if that's your only way out. (if you do have cancer, my sympathies.)

Second: You're 26 and still reading the manifestos of mass murderers? That might be okay in an academic or professional setting, but it doesn't sound like this falls into either of those. Read a science textbook instead.

Finally: They may have encouraged it when you were younger so as to allow you to be exposed to varying viewpoints to make you a better rounded person. (Example: someone who grew up in the city who only had experience with firearm violence goes to redneckville and learns that you can have fun shooting cans in your backyard.) By now, you're more or less set in your viewpoints and beliefs, and reading that sort of shit means you're either radicalizing or not trying to better your situation. There are people your age who went to trade school, outright own their own homes, and have a kid.

You're not the victim here.

ScamL Likely

It's not suicide, it's Kiwifarms™
kiwifarms.net
Second: You're 26 and still reading the manifestos of mass murderers? That might be okay in an academic or professional setting, but it doesn't sound like this falls into either of those. Read a science textbook instead.
Yes he should try to become independent, but telling him not to read edgy things for fun on Kiwi Farms of all places is hypocritical as all hell.

HollaGemini

Department of Diseasology
kiwifarms.net
"my parents are now disappointed in me reading these types of things, because they fear I might turn into a “bad person”. They never used to be like this when I was younger."
Youre 30. Why is what people think of you so important?
Grow the fuck up. I guarantee you theyre more disappointed that youre still in their basement.
Youre an adult now, A BIG BOY, but still staying with mum & dad. Thats fine. But if you arent doing anything with your life they have a right to be disappointed in you.
Until you show them that you care about giving them their own space back and getting the fuck out of the basement, disappointment will continue
30 years old -_-and how old are your parents? Ill give you a hint "too old to put up with your shit" is the correct answer