How Do I Uninstall Opera Browser Assistant? -

Foxxo

OH LAWD HE COMING
kiwifarms.net
Opera overstepped its boundaries by giving me a pop-up on my Desktop while I had it closed, so I had it drawn and quartered into my Recycle Bin...

...Only, a certain something won't leave me be...

Screenshot (4914).png

Can you guys help me out?

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Knows Kung-Flu
kiwifarms.net
I’d try finding one of those programs that are designed to completely and utterly uninstall stuff. The good ones find any file that’s leftover and removes them as well.
I’m not smart enough to know which ones are the best, but that’s what I’d try.
Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Get autoruns and find out where anything Opera is installed. You can use it to delete any place is program, it's startup shortcuts or Registry settings are.
This is a pretty good tool to have in general, some software really wants to fucking insist it runs at startup no matter what dark nether regions of the Registry it has to stick it's dick in.

Reactions: BlueSpark

Spedestrian

Based and Scrabblepilled
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Were you just memeing about the Recycle Bin or did you really just drag the Opera folder into your Recycle Bin like a mongoloid? If it's the latter then you should uninstall the program like a big boy:
uninstall-opera.png

Foxxo

OH LAWD HE COMING
kiwifarms.net
Well, after the fancy uninstaller did nothing and Shift-Del did nothing, I learned that I had to be more thorough with Task Manager and shut down the processes. Thanks for your help.

Were you just memeing about the Recycle Bin or did you really just drag the Opera folder into your Recycle Bin like a mongoloid? If it's the latter then you should uninstall the program like a big boy:
View attachment 1201420
First-party uninstallers are untrustworthy, as my years of experience with Mac adware has found.

Shoggoth

kiwifarms.net
Some programs do scummy things like setting up autoinstall tasks for themselves a week into the future. After you finish cleaning it up, take a look at all the scheduled jobs and tasks on your computer to see if anything weird pops up.

• Informative
Reactions: Pissmaster

Exigent Circumcisions

rectile malfunction.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Try out Vivaldi. It's like the good old Opera, but more modern and on Chromium. And it's fully owned by a bunch of Norwegians, including the co-founder of Opera, who left Opera in 2011, around when it was going to shit. So in a way, it is the spiritual successor to Opera.
Vivaldi is a good alternative, highly configurable, lots of useful extensions built in, compatible with chrome extensions. Definitely one of the better browsers.

TheTism35

Autism Inhalant
kiwifarms.net
I still mourn old Opera.
As do I, which is why I bring this up. Someone has cobbled together a working fork (I guess that's the best way to describe it) of Opera 12.15, complete with Presto engine. It's slower than your grandmother's Staples-bought computer, but technically, it works.
Try out Vivaldi. It's like the good old Opera, but more modern and on Chromium. And it's fully owned by a bunch of Norwegians, including the co-founder of Opera, who left Opera in 2011, around when it was going to shit. So in a way, it is the spiritual successor to Opera.
Vivaldi is a good alternative, highly configurable, lots of useful extensions built in, compatible with chrome extensions. Definitely one of the better browsers.
Or you could just do what these fine gentlemen have suggested, and use Vivaldi. Fuck Brave, for no real reason other than to be contrarian.

I use Brave on my Linux machine.

Tags
None