How Do We Stop Americans From Kililing Each Other? - Yes It's A Poll Thread

Do We, Ban Guns?

• Total voters

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

We Have A Winner!
kiwifarms.net
Mandatory double open carry.
Every body has at least two guns visible at all times, preferably more concealed. And, very important, is trained how to use them correctly in the public school curriculum. Make a field trip of going to the gun range every week.
What this will do is make sure that if any retard tries to shot up a place, they’ll be perforated from every direction immediately. Massacres will be severely reduced because there will be no easy prey anymore. Fear of guns will be minuscule because you’ve been using them for so long, it’s no longer a mystical artifact of doom.
And, I can’t stress this enough, ‘Merica.
This is such an exceptional argument. A gun you completely 3d print from scratch is a useless piece of shit.
You're better off just building a simple pipe gun with common hardware.

And if guns are banned why wouldn't ammo (and ammo components) be banned?
Making your 3d printed gun even more useless. (good luck 3d printing smokeless powder).
I mean, it is now, but it’s not like 3D printers will get worse. I think it’ll just take a little bit of time.

Ягода

Ягода малина или генрих Ягода
kiwifarms.net
This is such an exceptional argument. A gun you completely 3d print from scratch is a useless piece of shit.
You're better off just building a simple pipe gun with common hardware.

And if guns are banned why wouldn't ammo (and ammo components) be banned?
Making your 3d printed gun even more useless. (good luck 3d printing smokeless powder).
USSR had total gun ban. We had mass shootings, school shootings, subway bombing in Moscow with casualties that no one knew about. I bet red China has an assload of carnage that's never reported anywhere. The difference is I can sperg about this shit without fear of going to GULAG or getting a lead injection.

SigSauer

kiwifarms.net
Mass shootings seem to play an integral role in US politics, that’s for sure. But then again, the liberals are right about mass murder, in that a gun would be a lot easier to use to kill a bunch of people with than a knife (or any other melee weapon). But since I’m a lot like @FuckYou in that I’ve done an unhealthy amount of research into this topic for literally years, I can say that there have only been 4 mass stabbings in the United States since 1900, according to all the years worth of research I did. 1 in 1909, 1 in 1932, 1 in 1950 and 1 in 2001. There has not been a single mass stabbing anywhere in America since that. Statistically speaking, you are more likely to get eaten alive by a Great White shark in America than you are to die in a mass stabbing.

It’s profoundly rare, and yet conservative boomers, who don’t even know what the definition of what a mass murder is, will throw out stuff saying that knives are just as deadly as guns. Hey dipshit, real life isn’t like the Hollywood movies, people don’t just drop dead instantly from a single stab to the gut. It takes time for someone to bleed out after being stabbed (ranging from a minimum of 2 minutes up to 30 minutes or possibly more, depending on where you hit them). And usually the amount of time it takes to bleed out from a stab wound is just long enough for you to receive life-saving medical attention, but whereas with a gun, that person would be dead right on the spot.

Knives are also very unusual weapons for a mass murder in the US to the point to where it’s basically unheard of. However, I think partially the reason for this is because of the availability of guns and other weapons to where knives have been rendered obsolete (unlike in Asia or Great Britain).

However, what the conservatives have right is the fact that murder rates in America that are not gang-related is very low, so your chance of getting murdered with a firearm if you’re not a gang member or suicidal is extremely slim. Then you have the overall crime rates for America and other developed countries with lenient civilian gun ownership laws. Liberals are pretty much only correct in regards to mass murder, but even that seems to be more of an emotional argument anyways at this point. It’s the whole “will you think of the children?” narrative.

Tour of Italy

IT’S BACK! Toasted Ravioli. Spinach Artichoke Dip.
kiwifarms.net
I didn't ready ANY of that exceptional shit you posted because Europe banned guns, and they only have problems with religious extremists from time to time. Care to explain that, Trumptard?

There have been over 200 mass shootings since 1 Jan 2019. This is NOT normal.
I’ve seen those lists; they include gang violence, or any incident where multiple people are shot during a crime in progress. Gimme a source and we’ll talk but for now it’s just noise.

And as long as we’re talking about europe, I seem to recall several attacks where people drove trucks through crowds of people. You don’t need a fucking gun for that.

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
I'm not willing to give up my rights in order to gain a little security.

My pump shotgun is sitting about 6ft away from me. I'm not going to use it on anyone other than those that try to break in my house.

I live in one of the few "constitutional carry States"

We are not gunning each other down every day like Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit....etc

How about you take care of the problems in your States and leave us out of it.

Ягода

Ягода малина или генрих Ягода
kiwifarms.net
I didn't ready ANY of that exceptional shit you posted because Europe banned guns, and they only have problems with religious extremists from time to time. Care to explain that, Trumptard?
Learn another language, read social media forums in another language/country. There is far more shit going on than US media is reporting for you. There are assload far more earthbreaking news happening in the world, including bunch of people die everywhere.

Look this shit up instead of parroting this nonsense, (https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting)

Right after ElPaso and Ohio, ... Davante shoots Lamekka and Leronta ... this is a mass shooting? Negro, if you count each dead body in Democrat controlled gun-free shitzone, then you get this shitty statistics that can only sway weak minds.

3 people hurt, 2 of them dead. I'd say it's a quiet night in Detoilet. Obviously 2 + 3 it looks like 5, ... "mass shooting" .... ZOMG ... GTFO!

CIA Nigger

Not a fed, just a random object on the street.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If that were the case there would be happening threads in A&H and on /pol/ every day. Half of the mass shootings by their logic are small and tacked on to inflate the numbers, and half are gang shootings in the hood that nobody cares about because it's stray bullets hitting some kids in a hood playground and not Wal-Mart. That's not counting countries the anglosphere doesn't give 2 shits about.

the real heisenberg

theoretical autist
kiwifarms.net
I feel like when the "Right to bear arms" shit came about, the country was a much different place. America didn't have weebs, troons, incels, neo-nazis etc. etc... there are way too many dangerous and delusional people walking the streets now. The founding fathers would look at the country now and just smfh. Guns are far too plentiful already, banning them will never happen. Even if you could Thanos every gun in America out of existence, Murica loves their guns too much they wouldn't stand for it.

Basically the answer is: There is no answer, Americans will keep killing each other and in greater numbers as technology progresses. It's like telling the autistic kid to stop touching the stove. He might stop for a while, but when you turn your back for a second he's just going to do it again. Better he learns the hard way. I'll take my autistic ratings now plz.

Libtard-Wrecking Krogoth

On a mission.
kiwifarms.net
Learn another language, read social media forums in another language/country. There is far more shit going on than US media is reporting for you. There are assload far more earthbreaking news happening in the world, including bunch of people die everywhere.
Yeah but I'm talking about Americans. Americans should not be commenting on other countries' problems, full stop. Other countries are fine to comment on America's problems, because America has serious issues that affect countries outside of America, capiche?

Look this shit up instead of parroting this nonsense, (https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting)

Right after ElPaso and Ohio, ... Davante shoots Lamekka and Leronta ... this is a mass shooting? Negro, if you count each dead body in Democrat controlled gun-free shitzone, then you get this shitty statistics that can only sway weak minds.

3 people hurt, 2 of them dead. I'd say it's a quiet night in Detoilet. Obviously 2 + 3 it looks like 5, ... "mass shooting" .... ZOMG ... GTFO!
The problem for minorities is purely economic, just look at the numbers. They shoot each other because they are fighting over scraps, which is why we need to implement better social policies to help them out of the historical situation they've been suffering from since slavery started on this continent. White males are extraordinarily privileged and are just terrified of becoming a minority (which the El Paso shooter even admitted to) and are just so, so scared of perhaps becoming irrelevant. White males are going to have to learn to just sit down and take it and stop literally killing people over losing privilege. I mean, talk about white fragility, am I right? Like, you have to fucking murder people because you might experience what a minority or dispriveleged person feels on a daily basis? This is the literal fucking definition of class warfare except it's masquerading as skin colour instead of pure economic class. I hope you've read your Chomsky.

garakfan69

Mentally Enabled Schizoposter
kiwifarms.net
I mean, it is now, but it’s not like 3D printers will get worse. I think it’ll just take a little bit of time.
3d printers aren't fucking Star Trek replicators and never will be.
(FDM) 3d printers have become a lot cheaper and accessible but they never really needed fancy parts in the first place. They are just simple steppers, a weak microcontroller, and a little resistive heating element.
It's not some amazing future technology, you could have built one 40 years ago. It only picked up steam now because the patent on it expired and a strong open-source community formed around it.

The only thing that can produce parts even close to tough enough for a gun are SLM printers, which melts metal powder together with high powered lasers. And this shit won't be consumer-grade hardware in the near future. CNC mills are already cheaper, more accessible, and more suitable for gun production anyway.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

We Have A Winner!
kiwifarms.net
3d printers aren't fucking Star Trek replicators and never will be.
(FDM) 3d printers have become a lot cheaper and accessible but they never really needed fancy parts in the first place. They are just simple steppers, a weak microcontroller, and a little resistive heating element.
It's not some amazing future technology, you could have built one 40 years ago. It only picked up steam now because the patent on it expired and a strong open-source community formed around it.

The only thing that can produce parts even close to tough enough for a gun are SLM printers, which melts metal powder together with high powered lasers. And this shit won't be consumer-grade hardware in the near future. CNC mills are already cheaper, more accessible, and more suitable for gun production anyway.
Yeah, mills are better for that kind of stuff. I suppose "CNC milled guns" aren't as catchy as "3D printed guns" from a marketing perspective.

Coleman Francis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The problem for minorities is purely economic, just look at the numbers. They shoot each other because they are fighting over scraps
They're not though. Most of the time they shoot each other, it's a respect issue. Somebody said something they shouldn't have, or got too friendly with their old lady.

There's also murders over drug turf but those aren't people who resorted to illegal activities because of lack of opportunity, there's plenty of legal opportunity for those looking for it. That's about people who don't want to hustle and work hard for what they got and would rather get it quicker than all the working scrubs out there.

Big cities are full of opportunities and social programs to help you reach the future you want for yourself, but it takes effort, time, and personal discipline. Some don't like the slow pace that route offers and will want to take a less reputable, less legal shortcut.

• Agree
Reactions: whatintheheck
U

UQ 770

kiwifarms.net
I have to wonder if the very politicization of gun violence in and of itself is causing mentally unstable people to think of them as a tool of politics-by-other-means. Sales of guns do increase every time there is a highly publicized mass shooting, which has always been chalked up to: Gun owners hoovering up supplies for fear of tighter regulations or non-gun owners who have decided to cross over into the other demographic. Yet I'm forced to wonder, how many of those sales are spergs who said "Hey, why didn't I think of that sooner?"

There are a lot of selectable talking points that always come up in these debates, but "mental health" is one I'm really sick of hearing. Guess what? Mass shooters rarely talk to therapists. If they do, such as if they're forced into therapy or they go early on in their affliction when they still think there's hope, then they inevitably either lie their asses off or just disregard the advice of the professionals. You will notice this is virtually indistinguishable from anyone else who has simply disliked their therapist or not believed in therapy. Personally, I say we should try to capture these people alive once they do commit a crime, then use psychological interrogation techniques to dissect their personalities and try to figure out what they were thinking. I refuse to believe the answer is as easy as "Radicalization!" or "Incels!" or "western civilization is dying!" or "ENTITLEMENT!". Some research and disposal is in order here.

This is infact an ancient problem with the terminology of "mass" anything MDK related. Technically, any two people shot by a perpetrator is a "mass" of people. Its actually really hilarious that we're talking about this in the present day, because this exact same issue with semantics was an important event in the lead-up to the fucking American Revolution.

I think even back then people expected a lot more blood on the pavement than just 5 corpses and 6 injuries when they heard the word "massacre". Yet, the word's use there is technically correct. 200 years later, here we are again.

left arm

kiwifarms.net
I think we should only ban guns that are ugly. If you want to do a shooting, you have to make your weapons of choice look aesthetically pleasing. Otherwise, it's illegal and you can't do it. Then, after the weapon is confiscated, museums will buy the guns, and be able to display them as art and historical pieces. After obtaining enough, the museums in question can have a "shooters gallery", that will allow the public to see the guns.

#Museumlivesmatter

Tags
None