How Do We Stop Americans From Kililing Each Other? - Yes It's A Poll Thread

Do We, Ban Guns?

• Total voters

SmallTalk201

kiwifarms.net
Depends on motive.
if political? Then give them alternative ways to achieve their ends.

It would be far better for those would be shooters try to copy Bernie Madoff then shoot a rando s in wall Mart. If ya going be a suicidal mass spree shooter why not go breaking bad? Ya already don't give a dam n if ya live or diee. Maybe thugging it up and getting gold and getting birches would cure ya.

I rather have a Google employee decide to do grand theft embezzlement vs shooting up their school. At least the former does more damage to those hurting society and might get public sympathy.

second mental health care in America is a joke.

Third begin forming small communities. We evolved to be tribal. without a neighbor hood to belong to folks tend to go Cray cray. G o volunteer and do habitat for humanity or learn how to do a community garden. Ya feel better and ya will learn to be self sufficient. Which means buying less stuff and less need to rely on state for welfare. Which means you starve both the state and corporations of resources

Last edited:

Exigent Circumcisions

Greasy trotters on your bodice
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mass shootings aren't a mental health issue, unless everyone saying that really believes that mass shooters are in psychosis for the duration of the planning, preparation and performance of the act.

Given that most of them spend more than a month on the first two parts, I have a hard time believing that assertion. These savages know what they're doing is wrong; that's why they're doing it.

Locomotive Derangement

Hardcore Velocity
kiwifarms.net
I think we should only ban guns that are ugly. If you want to do a shooting, you have to make your weapons of choice look aesthetically pleasing. Otherwise, it's illegal and you can't do it. Then, after the weapon is confiscated, museums will buy the guns, and be able to display them as art and historical pieces. After obtaining enough, the museums in question can have a "shooters gallery", that will allow the public to see the guns.

#Museumlivesmatter
Fun fact, Charles Guiteau, the assassin of James Garfield, deliberately purchased a fancier revolver because he thought it would look good in a museum. The Smithsonian supposedly lost it after having it on display for awhile. Its probably just in a mislabeled box somewhere, but the idea that Guiteau went to all that trouble and then some intern knocked it into a trash can with their elbow or something makes me laugh.

The USA is rather different than most, if not all other countries. We weren't granted our independence. We fought for it and with the help of the French defeated the British. It was the armed citizen who fought for freedom, along with the newborn Continental Army. And Americans as a group have a healthy skepticism about government, don't trust it that much.

Our Constitution consequently guarantees the right to keep and bear arms. Have heard some say since people just had muskets then, that's all they should have now. Bullshit. By that standard of logic, the First Amendment would cover only things handwritten, printed on a hand printing press, or spoken aloud. These rights cover all applications, then, now, and in the future.
I'd rather the 2nd Amendment just explicitly give citizens the right to bear arms for private ownership and protection than the exceptional crap about maintaining militia. The Continental Army despised militia because they were uncoordinated, untrained, they broke and ran like medieval peasants on the battlefield, they often wasted ammo shooting birds like a bunch of stereotypical rednecks, and in general they were just a huge burden on an already burdened military force. Anyone competent enough to fight the war properly was usually just inducted into the Continental Army and given proper training anyway, or if they were something rare like a hunter or trapper who was an excellent sharpshooter they were employed as mercenaries or just left to their own devices so they could go out and assasinate British officers. Militia were the people either too useless or too stuck-up to join the army.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
Mass shootings aren't a mental health issue, unless everyone saying that really believes that mass shooters are in psychosis for the duration of the planning, preparation and performance of the act.

Given that most of them spend more than a month on the first two parts, I have a hard time believing that assertion. These savages know what they're doing is wrong; that's why they're doing it.
Psychosis doesn't necessarily impair your ability to plan, and organize attacks. A case study came out earlier this year where an autistic subject co-morbid with schizophrenia had planned an attack, but luckily self admitted to psychiatric care before doing anything. This and the Unabomber was schizophrenic.

Baby Jane Hudson

But ya are in that chair, Blanche, ya are.
kiwifarms.net
I think every American, of sound mind, should be required to own at least one gun. There's a county in Georgia where it's a requirement and guess what? Crime is very low there. I believe Switzerland requires their citizens to require guns and gun crimes are very low there.

I think what needs to be done is put mental institutions back into play and actually house the severely mentally ill in them. Where I live, they closed the mental hospital and now the mentally ill live wonderful lives on the streets of our city, not bathing, not taking or getting the medications they need, dying of hypothermia in the winter and drowning in the river, that runs through the city, in the summer. They are just so much better off now than being housed in a climate controlled building with a warm bed to sleep in, three square meals a day and some one to look after their medical needs.

Exigent Circumcisions

Greasy trotters on your bodice
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Psychosis doesn't necessarily impair your ability to plan, and organize attacks. A case study came out earlier this year where an autistic subject co-morbid with schizophrenia had planned an attack, but luckily self admitted to psychiatric care before doing anything. This and the Unabomber was schizophrenic.
All I'm saying is that being crazy doesn't necessarily impair your ability to distinguish right from wrong and this mindless recitation of that idea does nobody any good. The majority of people are sane, so the majority of murderers are sane. When we start redefining evil as illness we're putting ourselves in danger.

CKC

kiwifarms.net
I think every American, of sound mind, should be required to own at least one gun. There's a county in Georgia where it's a requirement and guess what? Crime is very low there. I believe Switzerland requires their citizens to require guns and gun crimes are very low there.

I think what needs to be done is put mental institutions back into play and actually house the severely mentally ill in them. Where I live, they closed the mental hospital and now the mentally ill live wonderful lives on the streets of our city, not bathing, not taking or getting the medications they need, dying of hypothermia in the winter and drowning in the river, that runs through the city, in the summer. They are just so much better off now than being housed in a climate controlled building with a warm bed to sleep in, three square meals a day and some one to look after their medical needs.
It is the same in my area. The inmates were released in the mid 90s and everything went to hell.

Reactions: Baby Jane Hudson

Baby Jane Hudson

But ya are in that chair, Blanche, ya are.
kiwifarms.net
Would licensing gun owners help with the problem? What are your thoughts?
Licensing is in place to own certain firearms such as the real assault weapon (i.e. automatic weapons like "Tommy Guns"). But IMHO licensing only gives the government information about who owns guns and which ones. And since there's always a chance that the libs will get power in this country and they want to disarm the people in order to get more power, I wouldn't recommend licensing. Licensing only allows the government to confiscate legal gun owners" guns, but criminals will always get guns illegally.

CKC

kiwifarms.net
Licensing is in place to own certain firearms such as the real assault weapon (i.e. automatic weapons like "Tommy Guns"). But IMHO licensing only gives the government information about who owns guns and which ones. And since there's always a chance that the libs will get power in this country and they want to disarm the people in order to get more power, I wouldn't recommend licensing. Licensing only allows the government to confiscate legal gun owners" guns, but criminals will always get guns illegally.
Do a lot of people in the US think this? I am not an American, I live in Canada and we have to have a license for firearms. There are several classes of licenses for various types of firearms. One thing I have noticed is that the firearms laws vary from state to state. In Canada it is one set of rules for the entire country - the provinces and cities can not enact different laws. What is legal on one side of the country, is legal on the other side.

Reactions: Baby Jane Hudson

Drunk and Pour

kiwifarms.net
I guess the technical answer would be make Americans not a thing anymore. It only makes sense. I don't know the last time I've heard of Roman gladiators killing each other, or Japanese samurai.

Or kick out all non white people, because we can't have racial and white supremacist murders if everybody they kill is also white.

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
This is such an exceptional argument. A gun you completely 3d print from scratch is a useless piece of shit.
You're better off just building a simple pipe gun with common hardware.

And if guns are banned why wouldn't ammo (and ammo components) be banned?
Making your 3d printed gun even more useless. (good luck 3d printing smokeless powder).
Did I say anything about completely 3D building a gun from scratch?

Oh wait, that’s right... I didn’t. (Though you could and probably could be able to get 10 rounds or so through it before it loses any accuracy.)

3D Building 90% of the gun, and then using simple metal tools for the barrel and receiver would be pretty easy and deliver decent results.

Guns are very simple, and very well known technology that doesn’t require much of an investment or specialization. There are people building guns in the middle of Gaza and in the Khyber pass with barely any electricity. Im pretty sure a biker gang or inner city entrepreneur could figure it out.

Banning ammunition sales would likewise be futile. Not just because there is plenty of ammo in circulation to kill people for decades, but also because there are probably millions of Americans who already hand load their ammunition.

Ammunition is even easier to make than guns, and that’s even without taking the invariable diversion into account, that will exist since some form of ammunition sales will be necessary. (Hunting, pest control, etc.)

WhoIsSutterKane

I think, therefore you are.
kiwifarms.net
You're more likely to die in a car crash on the way to an event than to be an at event where a mass shooting occurs.

Also if we're going to ban anything, it should be gun free zones.

• Agree
Reactions: LyapunovCriterion
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino