How Do We Stop Americans From Kililing Each Other? - Yes It's A Poll Thread

Do We, Ban Guns?

• Total voters

whatintheheck

kiwifarms.net
I think we should only ban guns that are ugly. If you want to do a shooting, you have to make your weapons of choice look aesthetically pleasing. Otherwise, it's illegal and you can't do it. Then, after the weapon is confiscated, museums will buy the guns, and be able to display them as art and historical pieces. After obtaining enough, the museums in question can have a "shooters gallery", that will allow the public to see the guns.

#Museumlivesmatter
Yeah, but aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder. For example, I personally appreciate the look of the Glock handgun, particularly the G43 super-compact. Glocks are just well-designed: utilitarian and basic, comfortable and reliable. But a lot of gun people think they are ugly and boxy. I certainly see the appeal in a nice 1911, but I also feel like .45ACP isn't as elegant as modern 9mm -- in terms of feel/recoil.

As for rifles, are you a fan of Fudd-style guns with bolt action and wooden furniture? Or do you like modern semi-automatics, e.g. the AR-15 platform?

I think it's funny when politicians suggest gun legislation that is non-nonsensical due to their lack of knowledge or understanding of firearms. A lot of people who have never even held a firearm seem to think that if it's made out of black polymer and/or has a telescoping stock, it therefore must be scary and ban-worthy. And of course the whole misunderstanding about what constitutes an "assault rifle".

I also think that there's a lot of internet debate about which caliber is the most lethal or has the most "stopping power", but in reality the lowly .22LR has killed a lot of people.

Finally, regarding "assault rifles" and their use in mass shootings, I feel that it's worth pointing out that handguns actually are statistically responsible for far more homicides in the USA each year. And the guy who went on the rampage at Virginia Tech in 2007 actually just used two handguns -- a Walther P22 (.22LR) and a Glock 19 (9mm) -- and he killed 32 and injured 17 others: more casualties than plenty of other mass shooting events where the murderer was using an assault rifle. So the issue clearly isn't a matter of banning or restricting a particular type of gun. Someone with homicidal intent could find a way to kill a bunch of people in an enclosed area with just about any firearm, so there's really no point in suggesting a ban on any particular model or design.

Last edited:
Reactions: Piss Clam

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net
Boomer statement: When I was in high school, it was very normal for us to go to school and have guns in our vehicle- we just had to park in the lot across the street and let the principal know we'd been hunting- that way they could make sure no one had broken in. We weren't supposed to have knives, but no one gave a shit about pocket knives if you didn't have it out doing stupid shit with it.

No one ever pulled a gun out to settle a dispute, no matter how nasty it got. At our most childish, we fought it out with our bare hands, at our best we talked about it like men and came to an agreement and that was the end of it. If you'd have pulled out a gun to shoot up the place, you'd have about ten more unloading into you and before you hit the ground we'd be laughing at the slowpoke fatshit kid that couldn't get his out of his truck in time.

Boomer moment complete.

All that changed when I went to school with niggers- metal detectors, cops had to be parked outside and have riot gear and pepper spray. We couldn't even wear baseball caps or sports jerseys to school because niggers would hospitalize each other over trivial shit. Niggers would chimp the fuck out and destroy entire classrooms, steal anything you didn't hide from view, yank little middle school white girls' shirts and bras up- I watched two 14-year-old nigresses slash each other with fucking box-cutters and I couldn't help but worry that the pregnant one was gonna get slashed in the belly and the niglet would fall out.

I'll give a fuck about the very, very rare instance of a rampage shooter when we address the real dangers to our youth.

Bad Headspace

kiwifarms.net
There have been over 200 mass shootings since 1 Jan 2019. This is NOT normal.
Most of those are blacks and stuff like that doing gang wars in the inner cities.
Of course the media will never talk about that, because that is not convenient for their agenda.

So the police should actually do it's job and mess up criminals.

nonvir_1984

Never amount to anything! And they were right.
kiwifarms.net
There have been over 200 mass shootings since 1 Jan 2019. This is NOT normal.
Only counts if it is a whitey doing it. Cause whitey is the cause of every goddamn bad thing in the world. Like antibiotics and inoculations and increases in food production that allow all these other folks to breed. Clearly our fault they are alive and killing each other. And breeding.
But seriously. If you want to stop white folks killing others, then stop doing shit that makes them cranky and turns them into head cases - but do hand out some more happy pills. To everyone.

ClickerCar

kiwifarms.net
I don't own a gun. Have used them. I don't have a problem with others having or using them, be it hunting, recreation or in occupational position/situation.

I would however be more concerned if there was a ban on guns. Rather not have to do a double take on every toaster or appliance I see.

I strongly fear the psycho who has to get inventive. Couple of planes enlightened me to that fact.

Oh, forgot to give a solution. Unite against the 'alien's', naturally. Whenever they do come to enslave humanity and all that.

Last edited:

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
I also think that there's a lot of internet debate about which caliber is the most lethal or has the most "stopping power", but in reality the lowly .22LR has killed a lot of people.
If you go back and look at all the assassinations around the world you will find the .22LR being used quite often.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: whatintheheck

ScamL Likely

Avant-garde Autism
kiwifarms.net
Crimes, including murder and even mass murder are an inevitable part of civilization. If you ban guns the types of people who commit these specific kinds of crimes will just find something else to use.

• Thunk-Provoking

whatintheheck

kiwifarms.net
If you go back and look at all the assassinations around the world you will find the .22LR being used quite often.
Makes sense given that it's actually fairly quiet when used with a can, particularly with sub-sonic rounds. It's never as quiet as movies would lead one to believe silencers supposedly are, but it's low enough volume to not require using ear plugs or that it'd draw too much unwanted attention to the scene.

Lemmingwise

Welcome home
kiwifarms.net
I've talked with some old folks at a gun range in the Netherlands. 50 years ago you could just walk down the street with a rifle on your shoulder. It was only after a couple of terrorist attacks most notably the capture and hostaging of a train by south-east asian immigrants that laws were made about gun ownership and licenses, which have tightened since.

spurger king

kiwifarms.net
I'll give a fuck about the very, very rare instance of a rampage shooter when we address the real dangers to our youth.
Going to an "integrated" high school was a hell of a redpill. Anyway, when you remove gang-related violence, you'll find that the US has a homicide rate on par with a lot of western European countries that have far more restrictions on guns. There are a lot of Americans dying for stupid reasons, but it's pretty banal stuff compared to the excitement of MASS MURDER. I'm pretty sure that car accidents are by far the biggest killer of high schoolers, but you can't blame that on your political enemies. Suicide is the second-leading cause of death among Americans age 10-34, and the fourth-leading cause for ages 35-54, according to NIMH. Deaths from drug and alcohol abuse are also at an all time high. Mass shootings are a statistical anomaly and I won't start caring about them until I'm sure that our politicians actually care about preventing deaths.

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net
In the US, you're multiple times more likely to be killed by some crazy hobo with a knife than you are some mass murderer.

Hell, statistically our interstate highways are deadlier than Iraq in 2006.

• Agree

Trappy

kiwifarms.net
Going to an "integrated" high school was a hell of a redpill.
Exposure is always the biggest redpill and it works both ways.

I've never been in a nearly exclusively white place before until recently and it opened my eyes to the things high trust communities can have.
Everyone was nice and friendly, everywhere was so clean, there were full families everywhere and not one single mother carting around a mixed baby or burqa in sight.

Made me understand how people living in these types of places can be ignorant of the realities of the "integrated" world.

• Agree
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino