How do you DFE effectively and efficiently? - Delete Fucking Everything!

Kiislova

Mostly non degenerate furfag
kiwifarms.net
Plain and simple, what is the fastest/better way to delete all your presence on the internet (especially social media) as to prevent the future clown world from looking into your past and present then find it offensive.

IE: How would you disappear from the internet before you may potentially become "famous" for all the wrong reasons.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
>log into account
>delete all friends/follows/subscriptions
>go into security/privacy settings and set all privacy options to maximum so that basically nobody can see anything on your account
>manually delete every single post or piece of content that you ever made on the account, one by one
>manually edit profile/account settings, blank out any information you ever entered or replace with meaningless gibberish
>rename account name to random nonsense, change email address to a burner address
>log out and never return

repeat for every website you have a presence on
it's a lot of tedious busywork depending on how active you have been on the account, but it's all you can do

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>log into account
>delete all friends/follows/subscriptions
>go into security/privacy settings and set all privacy options to maximum so that basically nobody can see anything on your account
>manually delete every single post or piece of content that you ever made on the account, one by one
>manually edit profile/account settings, blank out any information you ever entered or replace with meaningless gibberish
>rename account name to random nonsense, change email address to a burner address
>log out and never return

repeat for every website you have a presence on
it's a lot of tedious busywork depending on how active you have been on the account, but it's all you can do
Sure, but how about all the archive sites? archive.org will probably take down their copies if you complain, others may not. How about the endless army of content-scraping sites that just serve up copies of random junk from the internet to get a few Google hits? (Try searching for anyone who has an Instagram and see how many mirror sites pop up) Did you ever contribute to a wiki? A lot of those can be forked easily, mostly by spammers who won't listen to your takedown requests.

And don't forget that you're not actually deleting this data when you click Delete. Facebook, Google, etc. still keep their private copies of everything, they just make it invisible to the public. And of course the glow-in-the-darks will have their own copies as well. If you become "famous" enough, those just might magically resurface.

And if any of your content makes it here, God help you. :julay:

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
Sure, but how about all the archive sites? archive.org will probably take down their copies if you complain, others may not. How about the endless army of content-scraping sites that just serve up copies of random junk from the internet to get a few Google hits? (Try searching for anyone who has an Instagram and see how many mirror sites pop up) Did you ever contribute to a wiki? A lot of those can be forked easily, mostly by spammers who won't listen to your takedown requests.

And don't forget that you're not actually deleting this data when you click Delete. Facebook, Google, etc. still keep their private copies of everything, they just make it invisible to the public. And of course the glow-in-the-darks will have their own copies as well. If you become "famous" enough, those just might magically resurface.

And if any of your content makes it here, God help you. :julay:
all that stuff is beyond your control
all YOU can do is delete and obfuscate the stuff that you have access to

twozero

kiwifarms.net
Request account deletions, knowing that some data will be archived but invisible. This should be sufficient to stop people rage-searching your pages.

Following that, a huge point is to avoid generating new content that can be linked back to you.

Reactions: Draza

Dick Justice

Where have all the cowdogs gone?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Organize demonstrations to demand stronger privacy protections. Someone said 5 years but honestly if you didn't start at least a decade ago there's multifarious archived copies of everything available. Your one saving grace may be that as the next generation grows up and has all their dirty laundry aired out everyone will be equally fucked by surveillance capitalism.

The witchhunt of cancel culture can only take so many people before there aren't enough bodies to fill seats.

Kiislova

Mostly non degenerate furfag
kiwifarms.net
The Internet is forever.

It seriously helps if you never had a Facebook, Twitter etc. (at least under your real name).
While I was exceptional enough to have a facebook, It hasn't had any activity in years and years. Not the same can be said for twatter though, that one was never under my name.

No need to delete anything if you do everything anonymously and none of the accounts you created online are even tangentially connected to one another.
That's something I learned when I joined this place and now I do it consistently. Previously I've only "accidentally" made the right calls at times.

Just rip off the bandaid and post anything embarrassing here.

Your best bet is to be so bland that no one would bother remembering you or your antics. Or go into witness protection and have the feds do it for you.
I would be bland by... 2016 standards, barely out of the mainstream (at least publicly) on 2019, but who knows what 2020 and beyond has.

axfaxf

kiwifarms.net
The Internet is forever.

It seriously helps if you never had a Facebook, Twitter etc. (at least under your real name).
got banned from alias-twatter for giving future job recommendations to a journo and have never been on fb/other dating sites in general. I guess, I´m safe. :).

Sexy Senior Citizen

What's the big deal? It's called a fetish!
kiwifarms.net
While I was exceptional enough to have a facebook, It hasn't had any activity in years and years. Not the same can be said for twatter though, that one was never under my name.
That's something I learned when I joined this place and now I do it consistently. Previously I've only "accidentally" made the right calls at times.
I would be bland by... 2016 standards, barely out of the mainstream (at least publicly) on 2019, but who knows what 2020 and beyond has.
Necking yourself is the ultimate DFE. Just sayin'.
On a more serious note, it helps if you prepare beforehand: keep a record of where you have your accounts. That way, if you do need to DFE, it'll be a simple matter to go through the list.
Otherwise, follow the advice @DumbDude42 gave and hope for the best.

Tags
None