How do you DFE effectively and efficiently? - Delete Fucking Everything!

Coffee Shits

Hardcore
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there even a point to deleting an old Facebook?
I have a very long deactivated Facebook because the option to delete it didn't exist at the time.
Is there even any point to deleting it anymore or can I just assume they have already sold that data many times over? I might want to keep my old contacts list or check it in the future which keeps me from just doing it.
If it's cleaned out and locked down you're better off abandoning it. Starve Facebook of the few data points you'd give them by logging in and "deleting" it (lol no way is that data ever being destroyed for good).

On a toilet

kiwifarms.net
Is there even a point to deleting an old Facebook?
I have a very long deactivated Facebook because the option to delete it didn't exist at the time.
Is there even any point to deleting it anymore or can I just assume they have already sold that data many times over? I might want to keep my old contacts list or check it in the future which keeps me from just doing it.
I've got a couple of really old facebook accounts I abandoned and they've both been taken over by someone else. One is a baptist church account with over 500 followers that I check out once a year or so to see how those are doing. The other kind of died three years ago after some edgelord tried to muscle in on some Mum's group. Did you really put contacts lists in???????

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've got a couple of really old facebook accounts I abandoned and they've both been taken over by someone else. One is a baptist church account with over 500 followers that I check out once a year or so to see how those are doing. The other kind of died three years ago after some edgelord tried to muscle in on some Mum's group. Did you really put contacts lists in???????
How did they get taken over? Weak passwords?
That's not a bad "solution" if Facebook now has your identity confused with a church. Sometimes I think it's better to overwrite data because faggot companies don't always delete stuff when they say they do.
By contacts I mean old acquaintances from high school, etc. A lot of people's names have changed, so it's a handy list of people I don't really talk to, but might want to catch up with at some point in the future.

Reactions: On a toilet

On a toilet

kiwifarms.net
How did they get taken over? Weak passwords?
That's not a bad "solution" if Facebook now has your identity confused with a church. Sometimes I think it's better to overwrite data because faggot companies don't always delete stuff when they say they do.
By contacts I mean old acquaintances from high school, etc. A lot of people's names have changed, so it's a handy list of people I don't really talk to, but might want to catch up with at some point in the future.
Just for the record it was a completely false account I created for work purposes to track a contractor who was ripping us off. It had a robust password but I only monitored it for about 3 months until we proved that the vehicle they claimed we had stolen, they had been advertising on facebook for sale at the same time. I only followed it up out of curiosity about a year later when I started getting emails of new posts to the dodgy email account I had registered it under in the first place. At the time, there were about 300 church members, it's now around 1500 - I initially thought it was all bots, but the contacts seems to be real people of a real church. I have no idea how this happened. The email address is still in my control.

• Informative
Reactions: melty
Tags
None