How do you meet new people these days? - A discussion of modern friendship and romance in the age of technology.

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
The trick is to make it out of hundred dollar bills.
Well I thought this was typically about people you connect with, have some common interests and opinions. If you just want to bang, Tinder and the other hookup apps and a prostitute, or if you are desperate some crackwhore who will bang you for $20 is always an option.

Autocrat

Xenofascist
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty terrible at meeting new people, but the fact is that the people you hangout with can vastly alter your life.
I'd really like to meet a friend that is on my same level. Which is to say: intelligent, ambitious, and capable of independent thought (e.g. able to make their own morals). That's the hope anyway.
I had a best friend (of 15 years) like that, though he became an asshole in recent years, and addicted to heroin. He died last year from an overdose. I really hope I can meet another true friend.

In any case though, I need basic friends. I'm going to start going to meetups more often. I've had success meeting people at bible study, but I completely disagree with Christianity as a philosophy. It's a slave religion.

So, yeah: Meetups + Take initiative with talking to people / inviting them to coffee or something. Both men and women.

Learn origami, go outside, do origami. People will talk to you, I guarantee it.
Replying to this post as a way to reply to the entire conversation you created:

I think this can be abstracted to hobbies in general. They're a great way to meet people. Though if you do a hobby just to meet people, particularly women, then they can sense that and it is stupid. You're doing something you don't really want to do and there won't be much return. If you do hobbies you are genuinely passionate about or at least interested in, then it's obviously a great way to meet people with similar interests.

Last edited:

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

I'll get my humanity and my sanity back.
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty terrible at meeting new people, but the fact is that the people you hangout with can vastly alter your life.
I'd really like to meet a friend that is on my same level. Which is to say: intelligent, ambitious, and capable of independent thought (e.g. able to make their own morals). That's the hope anyway.
I had a best friend (of 15 years) like that, though he became an asshole in recent years, and addicted to heroin. He died last year from an overdose. I really hope I can meet another true friend.

In any case though, I need basic friends. I'm going to start going to meetups more often. I've had success meeting people at bible study, but I completely disagree with Christianity as a philosophy. It's a slave religion.

So, yeah: Meetups + Take initiative with talking to people / inviting them to coffee or something. Both men and women.

Replying to this post as a way to reply to the entire conversation you created:

I think this can be abstracted to hobbies in general. They're a great way to meet people. Though if you do a hobby just to meet people, particularly women, then they can sense that and it is stupid. You're doing something you don't really want to do and there won't be much return. If you do hobbies you are genuinely passionate about or at least interested in, then it's obviously a great way to meet people with similar interests.
"I'm pretty terrible at meeting new people"
>gives advice for meeting new people

No offense to anyone here but if you're going to use origami or magic tricks in public to make new friends please record and upload videos here

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net

So much this. The worst thing you can do is try to start a relationship with someone under false pretenses. Always try to be yourself and try to find people to hang with that like to do that same sort of shit you do. As gay as it MMO's and other online games are a pretty decent way to meet people, because you have at least one thing you like to do with eachother, then you can go from there. Maybe you find out they live fairly close to you, schedule some sort of meet-up.

Reactions: DatBepisTho

ОТСТАЛАЯ ПИЗДА

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So much this. The worst thing you can do is try to start a relationship with someone under false pretenses. Always try to be yourself and try to find people to hang with that like to do that same sort of shit you do. As gay as it MMO's and other online games are a pretty decent way to meet people, because you have at least one thing you like to do with eachother, then you can go from there. Maybe you find out they live fairly close to you, schedule some sort of meet-up.
can you imagine a irl kiwi farms meet up? I can't tell if it would end up being rainfurest or Charlottesville 2.0. I would go totally go though

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
"Oh you got tits? Cool. Wanna do this dungeon that I'd benefit from and to some extend you as well if you haven't done it already?"

In a way it comes so naturally to MMO players that they forget it's a thing. When MMOs were new, it was mindblowing that some people naturally socialized with strangers on the daily. "What do you talk about?" might people think; people who're used to meet in clubs or school/work. That's the issue we're at now. People are on Tinder casually to chat and even Stacy is balls deep in Avengers. Playing online isn't a thing anymore, so now we need to once more reach into hobby territory. Discord is a shit service because it has become a jew-shilling of a subreddit in real time, rather than a group chat, but that's still a group. You join r/feetsiesareus, their Discord, and suddenly you got a crowd of 20 people to talk to.

We had this horrendous "speed dating" introduction event at my university, and it was the most mundane shit ever. "Where do you come from" etc. Until a dude asked about interests and I said I got into biking a bit, as we happened to see a dude in full cycling outfit speed by. Safe to say I enjoyed talking about bikes more than whatever input he came with. I lost nothing when he fucked off, and that's how you should engage with hobbies. Find something you enjoy and exercise yourself in them. I stare at bikes more than chicks and my eyes are stuck on the pavement going "that'd be nice to bike on". If I had a shit time with someone, I'd still get to do what I enjoy. I'd get my "loot". Yes it's an unhealthy and selfish way to engage with people, but we're exposed to people by the hundreds a month; you have to put yourself first.

Now imagine the same but "I do this hobby to meet chicks". It'd be fucking obvious to anyone that you're not remotely interested, and likely come across as the hilarious stereotype from a soap opera who wants nothing but get his dick wet. Nobody would like Joey in real life.

Last edited:

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
can you imagine a irl kiwi farms meet up? I can't tell if it would end up being rainfurest or Charlottesville 2.0. I would go totally go though
I think it would be more like gay-ass "anonymous" protests/meetups. I mean we could even hand out Brendon Tarrant-masks like they were Guy Fawkes masks, since so many people sperg over how hardcore this place is like Newfags used to do with 4chan.

Reactions: DatBepisTho

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
I think it would be more like gay-ass "anonymous" protests/meetups. I mean we could even hand out Brendon Tarrant-masks like they were Guy Fawkes masks, since so many people sperg over how hardcore this place is like Newfags used to do with 4chan.
y'know if there was a meetup it would be something like that. Jesus I already want to kill myself, I don't want to see people I also want to kill as well.

1408125947130.jpg

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
y'know if there was a meetup it would be something like that. Jesus I already want to kill myself, I don't want to see people I also want to kill as well.

View attachment 805958
Not that Anonymoose had much hope anyway even with the hilarity of Chanology, but not even fucking bothering to shell out for a proper Guy Fawkes mask and instead papier-mache-ing together something that looks like Guy Fawkes' hydrocephalic inbred cousin is just wtf.

The guy on the far left, jesus, why. All black, with a duster and what looks like an actual fedora. Wonder where his Cold Steel katana replica is.

EDIT: Wait, that's not a duster even. What the fuck is he wearing?

Basil II

National Opthalmologist of Bulgaria
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 805958
Not that Anonymoose had much hope anyway even with the hilarity of Chanology, but not even fucking bothering to shell out for a proper Guy Fawkes mask and instead papier-mache-ing together something that looks like Guy Fawkes' hydrocephalic inbred cousin is just wtf.

The guy on the far left, jesus, why. All black, with a duster and what looks like an actual fedora. Wonder where his Cold Steel katana replica is.

EDIT: Wait, that's not a duster even. What the fuck is he wearing?
it would look like this

pol meeting.jpg

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino