How do you prefer and/or make your chicken? -

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I pound down chicken breasts, rub a bit of poultry seasoning on both sides before putting asparagus and chunks of fresh mozzarella in the middle (really, really thick asparagus works best), then wrap it up with some thick cut bacon (and however many toothpicks it takes)and put it in a pre-heated cast iron grill pan to cook in the oven. You can use a flat cast iron pan, but it gets a bit soggy.

E

ES 195

kiwifarms.net
For drumsticks and wings I usually roll them around in a flower/salt/pepper mix and bake them since I don't have a deep fryer.
With chicken breast and legs I'll usually cut it up and make soup or stir-fry.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Daddy's got a new ride, kiddies.
kiwifarms.net
Breasts are usually marinated and/or seasoned, marinade/seasoning depends on how I'm eating them. Anything else I'll bread or dredge and panfry. Don't usually bother roasting whole chickens.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
Fried: simple battering with some salt and butter. Might egg it if feeling fancy. Put it in a frying pan full of olive oil then eat accordingly
Baked: Take some soy sauce or teriyaki sauce, rub it out and under the skin, (maybe brown it beforehand), get some spices on it (dill and seasoning salt work well) and leave it in there for an hour and a half on 365.
Grilled: fuck it I just marinade in Worcestershire and dump it there.

TheShortWaveCerealKiller

The Broner with a Boner
kiwifarms.net
I usually go with chicken breast (boneless if available) and use a hint of soy sauce, a tee spoon of garlic, some pepper, and if I'm feeling frisky I'll toss in some cajun spice, no more than a pinch though. I'll first cook it till there is just a hint of rawness in the middle then toss it in the oven. It at first seems like a bit too much work for a piece of chicken but, its never disappointing.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like to make homemade tendies breaded in ritz crackers or if I'm feeling exciting, Captain Crunch. (Not Crunch Berries, I tried that once. I don't recomend it.) I've fried them in oil in a dutch oven before, but I usually do it in the oven and pretend I'm being health conscious. I use a rack and flip them over halfway through cooking so they don't get soggy.

Autisimodo

Relax, take it easy
kiwifarms.net
I like to make Southern Fried Chicken, or a Chicken Parmigiana.

When I try to be healthy I'll grill a chicken breast and put it in a salad wrap.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Daddy's got a new ride, kiddies.
kiwifarms.net
I like to make homemade tendies breaded in ritz crackers or if I'm feeling exciting, Captain Crunch. (Not Crunch Berries, I tried that once. I don't recomend it.) I've fried them in oil in a dutch oven before, but I usually do it in the oven and pretend I'm being health conscious. I use a rack and flip them over halfway through cooking so they don't get soggy.
That actually sounds good, though you probably need a rolling pin to crush the cereal. Hmm.

Bugaboo

I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Stick in pressure cooker with swiss chalet sauce to cook in
I usually make this before work so I don't have time to do anything else to it

Reactions: HamFan

Meat Poultry Veg

The staff of life
kiwifarms.net
Get me some Costco frozen boneless skinless thighs. Marinade in my marinade (soy sauce, sweet drink (OJ, Coca Cola or Sprite), vinegar, oil and whatever spices I have) for 2-24 hours, bake at 375 for half an hour.

Chopped into small pieces, marinated in teriyaki and rice vinegar, and then stir fried with udon

Preferably thigh meat because its way better than breast.

Another acceptable option is baked after marinating in hot sauce for 24 hours. I usually do this with wings because it's retarded simple.

• Agree
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
I roast it whole, half or do a five piece cut. If it's five piece the chicken backs gets thrown in the freezer, I use them to make my own stock that I freeze. God dammit, I just looked up "five piece cut chicken" to make sure my thing is what it is called and I found a video New York Times video about buying whole chickens and using the backs for stock. My carcass collecting feels less special now.

Whatever I do I roast it in a pan of root vegetables, they would take about as long as the chicken to cook if they didn't have a chicken on top. Will it be soggy? If it's a whole chicken the back is on top of the vegetables so no, if it's half a chicken then side with the exposed meat is touching the vegetables so no, if it is partitioned into more pieces then just figure out how to arrange it.
The chicken will be done before the root vegetables and this is not a bad thing. When you remove the chick from the pan you add some oil, maybe some salt, then stir the vegetables to cover them in the runoff from the chicken, then put them back in the oven for 25 minutes or so at a higher temperature to finish them off and get a nice color.

Chicken takes a while to stop being plasma hot so when the vegetables are done one won't be colder than the other. It's a nice, convenient and delicious timing thing.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
Rub some lemon pepper on it, brush some lemon infused olive oil on it then bake it.

White meat is right meat.

Tags
None