How has Subway survived this long? -

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
The same reason why there's still K-mart and Sears.
for restaurant comparisons, the same reason there's still chili's and tgi friday's
certain parts of the country have literally nothing but chains and maybe like, one local diner

i live somewhere that has a lot of locally owned sub shops that also have pizza and other dinner plates like clam strips so consequently there's not a lot of subways, they primarily exist in food courts

Xarpho

There's fish on my tray.
kiwifarms.net
for restaurant comparisons, the same reason there's still chili's and tgi friday's
certain parts of the country have literally nothing but chains and maybe like, one local diner
There's no place in this country where chains (at least big ones beyond podunk-tier ones like McDonald's, Dairy Queen, and oddly, Sonic) exist but local food doesn't, except maybe the fringes of suburbia, and even then, other food is obtainable within a 10-minute drive.

friends o' niall

broodje bapao
kiwifarms.net
I'm a rare consumer so perhaps not the best commenter, but for some reason all US fast food tastes worse to me than UK. Subway in the UK is actually decent quality but they're hit and miss with hygiene as you can see from regular news stories of rat shit being found wherever.
Couple months ago they wanted to charge me £2.50 extra for the privilege of eating the damn thing inside. I could take that shit from maybe Pret a Manger or something, but fucking Subway? Fuck off.

On the other hand, Brazilian Subway's "steak churrasco" with its Lego meat was a guilty pleasure.

• Informative
Reactions: guccigash

guccigash

Greyfriars Jandek
kiwifarms.net
Couple months ago they wanted to charge me £2.50 extra for the privilege of eating the damn thing inside. I could take that shit from maybe Pret a Manger or something, but fucking Subway? Fuck off.

On the other hand, Brazilian Subway's "steak churrasco" with its Lego meat was a guilty pleasure.
two pound fuckin fifty? how much were you spending for that to be the VAT on your lunch???

(VAT being the tax added to your food bill when you eat in in the UK rather than take out for the uninitiated, also if stuff is heated, or a cake not a biscuit. it's a big fucking mess)

Death Grip

Autistic Shart Botherers
kiwifarms.net

On the other hand, Brazilian Subway's "steak churdrasco" with its Lego meat was a guilty pleasure.
What the fuck is Lego meat?

Reactions: C@astrophica

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
There's no place in this country where chains (at least big ones beyond podunk-tier ones like McDonald's, Dairy Queen, and oddly, Sonic) exist but local food doesn't, except maybe the fringes of suburbia, and even then, other food is obtainable within a 10-minute drive.
fine, i exaggerated a little
a better statement is that the sub originated in the northeast of the us with italian immigrants, so that part of the country already had a long history of subs and thus local sub shops before subway existed, whereas other parts of the country that's not true. maybe as everyone flees the tri-state region because the housing costs are out of control, they'll start up sub shops elsewhere and subways will close.

friends o' niall

broodje bapao
kiwifarms.net
two pound fuckin fifty? how much were you spending for that to be the VAT on your lunch???
idk, 8 quid? The bastards abuse cos they're the only ones left open after 5 in that station.

What the fuck is Lego meat?
A squarish burger-thing that looks like a Lego brick (and prolly contains the same proportion of styrene)

guccigash

Greyfriars Jandek
kiwifarms.net
idk, 8 quid? The bastards abuse cos they're the only ones left open after 5 in that station.
i'd love to be all like "i'd've told them where to shove their sammij and walked out of there"

but about 95% i'd've paid, thanked the employee and eaten my meal. then sighed, almost inaudibly, to myself. the other 5% of situations like that just ends up with me angry with no sandwich or similar and unable to return to the outlet.

i love food but that 5% is also awfully fun. i never make it personal, but sometimes it feels good to just let rip.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wawa is a gas station that sells sandwiches in the south. If you like gas station sandwiches then that's a place to go.
I was under the impression they were a northern chain that has been expanding into the South.

Before I had a Wawa near me I had a gas station near me that was a Boar's Head deli 24/7, had a bunch of bongs too.

Reactions: C@astrophica
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino