How has Subway survived this long? -

thejackal

kiwifarms.net
>All these goyim paying more than $10 on a sub

I don't care about quality, given the sub doesn't taste bad or like it's rotten or something. I care more about how much it'll cost me to get lunch and how much I can get for $10. I can get a footlong deluxe Spicy Italian with Jalapeneo chips for like $9 at Subway and I don't see why anyone would care about the quality of food past it not tasting like absolute garbage if it's more expensive and you get less bang for your buck, like you do at Jimmy John's, Firehouse or all these other places.
Settle down fatass.

thejackal

kiwifarms.net
>Being smart with your money is being a fatass
Except I'm fucking right though, cockmuncher. Unless you are making lunch at home, you're better off buying a decent cheap lunch at some second rate sub place like Subway than some gormet bullshit that costs more for less.
I'd rather spend a few more dollars on food that is actually good rather than a cardboard tasting sub with mystery meat served up a week after its expiration date. Unless you're working in some god awful area like a suburban office park I can't imagine there's no better option (even at the $10 price point) than arguably the worst sub chain in the US (tied with Jimmy John's).

But, a lot of fatties (see Big Al) really like that you can get a cookie, chips and foot long for $10. To each their own I guess.

U

UN 474

kiwifarms.net
Simplez. They produce cum-sandwiches. Customers these days simply can't get enough of it.

Slap47

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
>All these goyim paying more than $10 on a sub

I don't care about quality, given the sub doesn't taste bad or like it's rotten or something. I care more about how much it'll cost me to get lunch and how much I can get for $10. I can get a footlong deluxe Spicy Italian with Jalapeneo chips for like $9 at Subway and I don't see why anyone would care about the quality of food past it not tasting like absolute garbage if it's more expensive and you get less bang for your buck, like you do at Jimmy John's, Firehouse or all these other places.
Paying 9 dollars for a sandwich and laughing at people who pay 11 dollars for a sandwich is peak goyim.

Keine

The cooler ancient evil.
kiwifarms.net
Except I'm fucking right though, cockmuncher. Unless you are making lunch at home, you're better off buying a decent cheap lunch at some second rate sub place like Subway than some gormet bullshit that costs more for less.
Unless you live in a really expensive part of the US, I would say Subway is pretty pricey as far as fast food lunches go. Most local places around here are comparable in price but better in quality and variety of sandwiches as they'll offer other stuff like paninis and, since a lot of them seem to be owned by Asians, rice bowls and/or teriyaki.

I'm not gonna say Subway is the worst but it is the only restaurant that I can be sure has actually given me food poisoning. But as people have mentioned it really depends on the individual franchisee. The Subway nearest to my house is generally fine, but the one that was closest to my work was the one that got me sick and unsurprisingly closed for health code violations probably a month or two after.

TheShortWaveCerealKiller

The Broner with a Boner
kiwifarms.net
Unless you live somewhere in California or New York where you gotta pay 4k to live in a studio apartment, Subway is actually on the pricey side where I live. Down here you can get a sub and a very good one at that for about 5 bucks that is not only bigger than Subways but has way better ingredients that you are 85% sure weren't touched by someones genitals or shoes in the recent past.

Xarpho

There's fish on my tray.
kiwifarms.net
Unless you live somewhere in California or New York where you gotta pay 4k to live in a studio apartment, Subway is actually on the pricey side where I live. Down here you can get a sub and a very good one at that for about 5 bucks that is not only bigger than Subways but has way better ingredients that you are 85% sure weren't touched by someones genitals or shoes in the recent past.
There's a few small delis in some of the expensive, urban areas (like Houston) where sandwiches are cheaper than Subway and just as filling. Granted, the cheapest sandwiches often cut corners like Kraft-style American cheese or not very generous with the meat, but hey--it's proof positive that Subway is not the cheapest and you can do better under any circumstances.

TheShortWaveCerealKiller

The Broner with a Boner
kiwifarms.net
There's a few small delis in some of the expensive, urban areas (like Houston) where sandwiches are cheaper than Subway and just as filling. Granted, the cheapest sandwiches often cut corners like Kraft-style American cheese or not very generous with the meat, but hey--it's proof positive that Subway is not the cheapest and you can do better under any circumstances.
I go to Firehouse subs myself, very filling and honestly 100x better than subway, an cheaper too.

Lou Wrong

Butthurt about Buddyloids
kiwifarms.net
I get that subs are cheaper and better than burgers. But Subway subs cost the same as local shops that do it better. Do noy buy, do noy buy.

Spastic Colon

kiwifarms.net
I don't hate Subway. As a vegetarian, it is one of the few place I can get a quick meal. I also suspect that location convenience helps their popularity. I can get betters subs, but I'd have to drive 20 minutes to get there. But I have 2 Subway locations within 5 minutes of my residence, so I usually just sacrifice quality for convenience.

Kiwi Lime Pie

Uncompromisably tasteful. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Anyone remember the punch cards where you'd get a free sub after seven punches? One of the reasons my friends and I would go there for lunch in high school.
If I recall, that particular promotion was called the Sub Club. I think I was able to get one free sub out of the promotion and was on my way to #2 when they abruptly cancelled the promotion because -- according to the Subway manager of the one I frequented as the time -- too many people were forging the punch cards.

That's true, I've seen Subways in some pretty remote, out of the way places and the closest fast food chain to me right where I is live is in fact a Subway.
Definitely. The Subway mentioned above shared space with a donut shop. Half the indoor space was the subway, and stepping on the other side of the cash register put you on the donut shop side. They're definitely ubiquitous enough to be placed anywhere.

This may be controversial, but I honestly prefer Subway over Firehouse Subs.

Not because Subway's great or anything, but I'm just not a fan of Firehouse's food.
I go to Firehouse subs myself, very filling and honestly 100x better than subway, an cheaper too
At my workplace, I have a Subway a block away in one direction and a Firehouse a block away in another direction. When I tried the Firehouse, I was unimpressed as their food seemed average at best, cost more than Subway's did, and didn't even come with a drink. With anything though, YMMV (your mileage may vary). Now, the Subway's prices have shot through the roof enough that it's better to make and bring one's own lunch. The Firehouse Subs went belly up along with another one in the area when the franchisee abruptly closed both down without warning, leaving the employees suddenly jobless and missing their last paychecks.

• Informative
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Definitely. The Subway mentioned above shared space with a donut shop. Half the indoor space was the subway, and stepping on the other side of the cash register put you on the donut shop side. They're definitely ubiquitous enough to be placed anywhere.
I forgot to mention too that Subway is the only fast food chain with a location in my downtown area.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino