How influential was the AIDS crisis to the modern LGBT Community? - Do you think the LGBT community has forgotten about the danger AIDS still poses?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Has the LGBT forgotten?

• Total voters

Bi Eraser

Fudge packing gussy grabber
kiwifarms.net
Think about it, the AIDS crisis decimated the gay community unlike anything has and likely ever will. People dying painfully and slowly within months of the disease manifesting, entire neighbourhoods being wiped out by the virus with funerals happening every month and people being outed left and right and vilified and treated like Lepers because of the lack of knowledge on the disease. AIDS was so bad that people would fucking kill themselves after being diagnosed because of how awful dying from it is, it thoroughly annihilated the gay community but I honestly believe that this hard ship not only caused a lot of the LGB community to unite because of the terror of the virus but it also caused more people to become more accepting because nothing makes you feel intensely guilt about hating someone when you see them slowly wasting away at the ripe age of 20. So without it, the modern community may of never formed or may of been a much weaker community without the trauma fuelling it.

Main reason why I made this post is that I feel like a lot of the terror of the AIDS crisis has been lost, I'm young myself but I still educate myself about this sort of shit because you're doomed to repeat it if you don't and a lot of people who went through it and could actually talk about it are rather dead. Yeah sure we have cocktails and such to prevent HIV from going to AIDS which honestly has made younger people go "BRO IT'S FINE BRO NO ONE DIES FROM AIDS YOU DUMB FAGGOT CONDOMS REMOVE THE FEELING" which is retarded. Hyper sexual behaviour is a massive fucking thing right now, with young gays having partners left and right and sometimes with no protection because "Not like their boi pussy can get pregnant right?". STDs aren't to be fucked around with but these actual faggots don't understand because they don't really treat them that seriously anymore.

Also unrelated fun fact but Haemophiliacs died in their thousands from AIDS during the crisis because getting literal infected blood product pumped into you is almost guaranteed to infect you, plus they also got treated like they were gay which is extra fun.

Diabeetus

The hyeckin frickyen sweetist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Certainly not. There's a whole show about it on FXX called Pose, where a bunch of trannies and drag queens have to deal with all their friends dying from AIDS/HIV. Making fun of fags aside, it's a well-written show that doesn't paint all gay people as flawless angels who do nothing wrong, and it's proof gay people are willing to talk about that dark side of their history in an honest manner.

I would hope they're still taking it seriously, considering how much AIDS/HIV affects gay individuals to this day. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of them see it as 'not that big a problem for the gays', because they know now that cis, straight people can get it. If that were the case, it'd be unfortunate, but I wouldn't have sympathy for people who don't try to keep themselves safe.

Rancid Flid

Panzer vor !
kiwifarms.net
I think the Sausage Jockeys here in the UK are more likely to die from an overdose of GHB than AIDS these days. There also sounds like there's a problem here with violent crimes being committed at chemsex parties, including rapes being livestreamed, even murders being committed.

One meth-head queer killed a cop that he met on Grindr, dismembered him, then cannibalised some of the remains.

The trial heard that Brizzi “grated his victim’s flesh from his bones before eating some with chopsticks”.
PC Semple’s DNA was found inside the oven, on chopsticks, on a chopping board and inside a cooking pot at Brizzi’s home, the court heard.
Jurors heard two black bin liners were found to contain mounds of flesh, a human pelvis, a hand and part of a spine.
There was also evidence of a bite mark on one of the 59-year-old’s ribs, jurors were told.
One of PC Semple’s severed feet was found by a member of the public on the south side of the River Thames, the court was told.
Jurors heard how after a few days his neighbours started to complain of the overwhelming stench coming from the flat.
Brizzi was found guilty of the crimes and sentenenced to life in prison.

Lemmingwise

Amber Alert: I Heard a Turd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hyper sexual behaviour is a massive fucking thing right now

Hyper sexual behaviour has and always will be an aspect of gay men, unless they are somehow forcibly kept seperated. Though even the threat of complete condemnation and stoning doesn't prevent fags from fagging it up in muslim countries, so I can only conclude that to fags, dick must be fucking amazing.

Either that or it has comorbidity with a deathwish.

Last edited:

Bi Eraser

Fudge packing gussy grabber
kiwifarms.net
I don't think the 'L' community were directly affected, but maybe feel they are due some reciprocation for the support they gave the 'G' and 'B', now that the 'T' want to rape and/or transition them.
Sorta, personally I think that a lot of gays dying directly weakened the support L had since birds of a feather stick together and such so if the G gets weakened then so does the L. Also during the crisis, gay men were the main sufferers which indirectly caused lesbians with AIDS to be brushed off as not possible or think that it's something else, it's much rarer for sure but not impossible. But yeah, the amount of deaths and such caused by AIDS in the L community would of been significantly lower.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorta, personally I think that a lot of gays dying directly weakened the support L had since birds of a feather stick together and such so if the G gets weakened then so does the L. Also during the crisis, gay men were the main sufferers which indirectly caused lesbians with AIDS to be brushed off as not possible or think that it's something else, it's much rarer for sure but not impossible. But yeah, the amount of deaths and such caused by AIDS in the L community would of been significantly lower.
I was thinking purely of Anally Injected Death Syndrome and forgot about the dirty needles and good Aids.

Diabeetus

The hyeckin frickyen sweetist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Rancid Flid

Panzer vor !
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure if you live in a country where no one wants to ban eating dogs and cats due to fear of offending 'east asians' you don't have class either way.

It's the British that made those decisions. I'm English. Big difference.

JoshPlz

Patron Saint of Good Boys
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have very mixed feelings about the improvements in treatment and medication for HIV.

The fact that HIV is not necessarily a death sentence anymore and that the life expectancy of HIV-infected can now be almost as high as that of healthy people, has taken a lot of the horror that HIV and AIDS once meant away.
I believe that this has inadvertently lead to further spread of the disease. Eventhough HIV might be a ticking timebomb.

All of this can change very quickly one day, when HIV becomes fully resistant to antiviral drugs. Some strains already show the signs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_superinfection

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Some of the people in the first link say that the label is meant to help people with AIDS find each other.

Now, forgive my ignorance, but what would happen if two guys with HIV/AIDS have sex? Would that exacerbate their condition?