How influential was the AIDS crisis to the modern LGBT Community? - Do you think the LGBT community has forgotten about the danger AIDS still poses?

Has the LGBT forgotten?

• Total voters

Diabeetus

The hyeckin frickyen sweetist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now, forgive my ignorance, but what would happen if two guys with HIV/AIDS have sex? Would that exacerbate their condition?
I don't fucking know. It's better than a guy with HIV/AIDS getting someone sick, at least.

Last edited:

Larry David's Opera Cape

Some people call me Maurice
kiwifarms.net
They learned that if they throw massive temper tantrums in public, harass people minding their own business and terrorize them (ie a lot of ACT UP protests), and blame everyone but themselves for their plight, the rest of society will give them what they want and better yet, play them up as brave heroes.

Result? Troon movement.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure if you live in a country where no one wants to ban eating dogs and cats due to fear of offending 'east asians' you don't have class either way.
'East Asians' is the code name for 'Brexit Contingency Plan'

Bi Eraser

Fudge packing gussy grabber
kiwifarms.net
I have very mixed feelings about the improvements in treatment and medication for HIV.

The fact that HIV is not necessarily a death sentence anymore and that the life expectancy of HIV-infected can now be almost as high as that of healthy people, has taken a lot of the horror that HIV and AIDS once meant away.
I believe that this has inadvertently lead to further spread of the disease. Eventhough HIV might be a ticking timebomb.

All of this can change very quickly one day, when HIV becomes fully resistant to antiviral drugs. Some strains already show the signs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_superinfection
I'm pretty sure the drugs used to treat HIV is like 1 pill a day that contains 4 different meds which seems very easy to do and not a inconvenience, which also sort of made HIV even less of a threat since it's such a non issue when some crazy bastards are already used to popping pills and cracking off poppers canisters. Plus since the stigma is greatly reduced if someone gets HIV, it's not gonna affect them that much compared to say losing your job and shit back in the day, I mean hell you could very easily sue for discrimination if you did. Kind of funny how we've gotten so good at combating it that it starts to creep in because we get overconfident.

Also lmao I didn't know super AIDS was a actual thing, I always thought South Park made it up. Pretty scary but it seems it would be really fucking rare to spread on a large scale.

Kenya Jones

Hard-R Gamer
kiwifarms.net
I'm not going to answer anything, im just going to say that OP probably has AIDS

Fartwhistle

Brap Brap, Motherfucker
kiwifarms.net
The AIDS crisis seems to be largely forgotten. Now that there are drug cocktails that can suppress the virus, we've even got so called "Bug Chasers" and the "poz" community. Jim made a video all about it, but that faggot seems to have quit the internet. Again.

TL;DR. AIDS is a gay fetish now.

Kaiser Wilhelm's Ghost

kiwifarms.net
I think the reduction of care has come from the fact that the medication has become so good now that it is no longer the death sentence that it once was, and therefore there is a going to always be a greater risk in the gay community once sexual health is thrown out of the window.

A friend of mine who is gay was bemoaning the fact, because he's what they would call a respectable gay and he'd been dating a man whore and had a herpes scare as a result because his casual hook up was hooking up with everyone else as well and was spreading the virus around.

There is also that weird element of the community that will allow things to become fetish, so you have bug chasers, gays who call it the gift, references to pozin negholes, etc, etc.

Gays seem to forget that before they managed to spread it out into the wider population, the first three years of AIDs infections led it to be known as the Gay Plague.

idosometimes

kiwifarms.net
Many fagets are against so-called "serosorting." i was talking to a buncha fags once and they really let me have it when I disagreed with some of their HIV talks, like me believing that it was infected person's duty to disclose status and that it was okay not to have anal sex with stranger because that stranger has HIV (apparently this is "serosorting" and is huge no-no). Sweet merciful Allah, I was not prepared for the reaction there. Several different queers going on about how it is up to person to ask and for people to only disclose if asked and how people may not know they are infected so it is actually safer to have sex with HIV infected people as they are on medications and that my homophobia is harmful to their "community."

In conclusion, never talk to homosexuals.

Woke Blue Muttlema

NOW IN GREEN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would hope they're still taking it seriously, considering how much AIDS/HIV affects gay individuals to this day. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of them see it as 'not that big a problem for the gays', because they know now that cis, straight people can get it. If that were the case, it'd be unfortunate, but I wouldn't have sympathy for people who don't try to keep themselves safe.
As anything within communities is a mixed bag. The younger ones dont give a fuck, its like youth makes you forget the end of things or how people my age think 9/11 is a meme.

Freddy Freaker

Poz my freak hole daddy
kiwifarms.net
Theres a part of the bug chaser documentary where the support group for older dudes with HIV (not chasers) discuss how AIDS PSAs circa 2003 were using atractive men and playing up "you can still live a normal life" etc. instead of portraying just how horrifiying AIDS is/was. FWIW

Meat Poultry Veg

The staff of life
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure the drugs used to treat HIV is like 1 pill a day that contains 4 different meds which seems very easy to do and not a inconvenience, which also sort of made HIV even less of a threat since it's such a non issue when some crazy bastards are already used to popping pills and cracking off poppers canisters. Plus since the stigma is greatly reduced if someone gets HIV, it's not gonna affect them that much compared to say losing your job and shit back in the day, I mean hell you could very easily sue for discrimination if you did. Kind of funny how we've gotten so good at combating it that it starts to creep in because we get overconfident.
This reminds me of how the introduction of gloves in boxing increased the occurrence of brain damage in the sport. In the bareknuckle days, headshots were more risky because if you don't place your shots correctly you could risk breaking your hand or spraining your wrist. Now that your fists are covered with padded leather armor you could punch with more torque, increasing the likelihood of the brain sloshing inside the skull.