How many of you have been in GATE? - I heard that a bunch of creepy shit happened in it and would like to hear your opinions.

Gromitandwallace

kiwifarms.net
So apparently a lot of anons(younger ones) went into GATE at a young age around elementary/middle school, and they were made to do a bunch of weird tests. Such tests included Rorschach tests, logic puzzles, and other creative-related stuff. Apparently some even had them looking for frequencies and a bit "in-depth" hearing/vision tests. There was a minor trend of having Jewish mentors/dilapidated conditions. They almost always had to be pulled out of classes or moved into them, which is the norm for these types of programs. From what I've gathered, GATE was a sort of screening process to figure who was the creme of the top before offering them higher levels of learning(with one claiming to have received a CIA program invite which was rejected). A trend I noticed too was the mindset "you're special" which forced a entitlement mindset in the majority of anons who fell to ruin due to thinking that they'll be given the road to success without learning hard work, which they accepted later on.
Here's a few connections that particularly triggered some memories in the anons so I'll post them here too.
>many subjects reported having, "soulmates" come into their lives and leave very quickly
>many subjects reported paranoia
>programs likely vary from state to state but probably receive federal funding
>pressured into sports
>Rorschach Tests
>various creative writing assignments
>often some relation to municipal, state or federal employees
Edit:Links to threads-http://archive.li/xMdkI , http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/222684187/gate , https://yuki.la/pol/115413023, and https://yuki.la/pol/103327330
A fair share of anons did seem to have a occipital bun too so there's that.
I never went into GATE at a early age, but I did go into it for 2 years at high school. A kid in my elementary school did go to GATE, and he did seem a bit off. I found the arrangement to slightly be off too(elementary). I may be remembering it in not the wrong way, but there is a possibility. I only remembered him being a bit "weird/elevated" in high school and not much before that.

Fek

What could possibly go wrong?
kiwifarms.net
At the time I actually paid attention to GATE/TAG/etc, it just seemed like a way to let kids who would otherwise waste away being dragged down to the lowest common denominator of their classroom actually do something with their day. Some sort of small modification to public schooling in order to help salvage the brighter kids from the not-so-bright.

Think I'm gonna just keep rolling with that.

Gromitandwallace

kiwifarms.net
Nigga, what the fuck are you talking about?
It's a program for younger children to enter to at a young age. Like what Fek said. It goes onto high school a bit. If you're older then you might have had a more lesser-developed version of that.
bitch I had the exact same treatment without whatever this GATE thing is
kids who are above average for their class are handled the same in most western public schools

(please note I was only above average because I live in Methville)
Really? Oh okay. Most kids that are in GATE are automatically entered in from scoring high or opt-in. It might not have been developed much at your school at all. For me, it's been going into a higher scale for development at where I live. It's like getting more focus now.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sword Fighter Super

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net
Before "No Child Left Behind", a lot of schools were still teaching by the method "Okay let's slow it down for Tyrone and Cletus"- which basically meant we spent the entire class period going over the same shit, then going home with all the actual work, because the niggers and inbreds didn't care about graduating when they knew they'd be in the corrections system before they were 16.

They interrupted the classes, got violent, never did their work, and the females of those respective species would be pregnant at 13 and the only reason they could count past ten was because they were barefoot and had that many prospective niggers and relatives that could have fathered their kid.

GATE was pretty much a shitload of brain teasers, some stuff that let us use our brains, a few field trips, and other stuff that got us away from niggers and inbreds.

Fun fact- my home state actually changed its classes to the "block" system with longer classes for an entire semester, rather than the shorter ones for the entire year- all because niggers and inbreds weren't learning anything in 30 minutes and wouldn't do their assignments at home.

Gromitandwallace

kiwifarms.net
Before "No Child Left Behind", a lot of schools were still teaching by the method "Okay let's slow it down for Tyrone and Cletus"- which basically meant we spent the entire class period going over the same shit, then going home with all the actual work, because the niggers and inbreds didn't care about graduating when they knew they'd be in the corrections system before they were 16.

They interrupted the classes, got violent, never did their work, and the females of those respective species would be pregnant at 13 and the only reason they could count past ten was because they were barefoot and had that many prospective niggers and relatives that could have fathered their kid.

GATE was pretty much a shitload of brain teasers, some stuff that let us use our brains, a few field trips, and other stuff that got us away from niggers and inbreds.

Fun fact- my home state actually changed its classes to the "block" system with longer classes for an entire semester, rather than the shorter ones for the entire year- all because niggers and inbreds weren't learning anything in 30 minutes and wouldn't do their assignments at home.
Yeah, my elementary and middle schools did that "block" system too or rather, we got pulled out of classes weekly for almost the semester. Depending on how we scored, we go to different levels of different classes for the day(we get scored almost every week or 2 weeks). So it was basically a different, smaller, form of Gate. We were filtered out through testing and from teacher recommendations with exam scores at the end of the year. Just a bit more teacher + consul stuff so it wasn't very much complicated, at least in comparison to the more grandiose programs and interventions.

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net
Makes you miss segregated schools, dunnit?
I said it somewhere else, but in a nutshell-

I watched two 14-year-old negresses fighting, and one of them had a box-cutter... and I remember being concerned that she'd cut the other one's belly open and the little niglet inside would fall out in the dirt- and wondering if she'd keep fighting.

Yes, you read that correctly.

The Pink Panther

Think Like Pink
kiwifarms.net
I was in GATE in 4th and 5th grade.

I remember it was mostly team-building activities and writing for the school newspaper. That was it. It was definitely for students with higher grades in class and it was mostly focused on strategical games. I'm not sure why it exists though other than to sedate the students with higher grades that often get bored, but GATE wasn't exactly anything of a challenge, though there was slight fun attached to it.

It was our school's way of classism. If you were taken out of the class to do GATE, you are known to the masses of students as a higher-level student. If you had to be taken out of class during math to do one-on-one, it was our way of knowing that you were a lower-level student. Thus blatantly setting up kids for a hierarchical future in the workplace.

Surf and TERF

kiwifarms.net
My 3rd grade teacher recommended my best friend and I to test for GATE. That was the first time I used a scantron with open brackets instead of bubbles and my gullible 10 year old self thought the answers wouldn't be counted by the machine unless every answer was filled with a perfect rectangle. I only finished about two thirds of the test because I was too busy obsessing over that.

My friend passed the test though. I remember feeling a lot of resentment because every time GATE was doing something special, it seemed like the teachers were treating everyone else like morons by forcing us to praise them- like there was a fundamental difference between us regular kids and the "gifted" ones.

Over a decade down the line and my friend from GATE never graduated from college and is living as a NEET. So, the test couldn't have been that accurate. Honestly, I don't see the point of splitting kids up and labeling them like that. It would've been more constructive to make the extra study opportunities available and then stroke the egos of the ones who took it.

Last edited:

ScamL Likely

Avant-garde Autism
kiwifarms.net
I've seen 4chan threads on this for a couple of years or so and it seemed mildly interesting but ended up being kind of boring as a whole.
Nigga, what the fuck are you talking about?
GATE stands for Gifted And Talented Education. Basically programs for kids who were supposed to have a significantly (?) higher IQ than average. 4/pol/ and I think /b/ started getting threads about allegedly "strange" things former GATE kids remembered from their time in these programs around the same time as pizzagate type stuff was making the rounds. I'd call it pizzagate-adjacent in that it hits on similar themes of children allegedly being used for supposedly nefarious purposes. It was one of those posting trends that sounded more interesting than it actually ended up being regardless of the veracity behind these claims or lack thereof.

Sword Fighter Super

I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've seen 4chan threads on this for a couple of years or so and it seemed mildly interesting but ended up being kind of boring as a whole.

GATE stands for Gifted And Talented Education. Basically programs for kids who were supposed to have a significantly (?) higher IQ than average. 4/pol/ and I think /b/ started getting threads about allegedly "strange" things former GATE kids remembered from their time in these programs around the same time as pizzagate type stuff was making the rounds. I'd call it pizzagate-adjacent in that it hits on similar themes of children allegedly being used for supposedly nefarious purposes. It was one of those posting trends that sounded more interesting than it actually ended up being regardless of the veracity behind these claims or lack thereof.
Thank you for clearing that up.

bev

kiwifarms.net
I was in GATE in elementary. We learned about the stock market in a separate room while other kids went to recess. It was a massive waste of stress because who the fuck's going to let a child invest? It's not Candle Cove, it's 30 minutes of looking at newspapers and explaining international finance to a group of people who think $2 is a lot of money.

Gromitandwallace

kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised a high school would have a GATE program. Wouldn't a gifted kid in high school just be told to take AP classes or whatever?
Yeah, in most cases, but my high school was part of a expanding GATE in my county. At least, my high school and a few others were basically part of a experiment/growing frontier in whatever they were doing. Like, my math classes became an experiment with the teachers trying out a lot of things. The last one in high school was even going to be an important part to a Harvard study in the future.
I feel like they're going to expand GATE to my school in the k-8 year at least. If it does end up expanding their brain, that's a good thing. No problems if it doesn't end up into MKULTRA shit.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino