How the fuck do Asian Americans raise their kids so well? -

heathercho

あかんで !
kiwifarms.net
I really don't know if they do. Asians, just like some old school jews and other educated immigrant parents, tend to raise their children with strict discipline and demand success. This can work with some kids who manage to advance far as a result, but there's also lots of kids who just burn out and crash hard. This is in part because on top of having lived in a high stress hyper competitive atmosphere, they also can't conform to the stereotype of the successful hardworking Asian. I know a lot of Asian kids who fell through the cracks, and it also explains why Japan and South Korea have so many hikikomori and other NEETs.
I think people see asians as all being one specific type - hard working and focused. It's just not like that. Some may be hard working just not academic or involved - my father is like that, so he didn't have any interest in how we did in school. His family were the "wrong" kind of people in asian society anyway. People forget that there are single mothers, criminals, "trash", poors, alcoholics and do nothings in Asia. It's not a utopia. The further you get out from the major cities, the more people's priorities are different too. People in Busan and Osaka are going to have different views on what constitutes hard work compared to Seoul and Tokyo.

soy_king

Now with 1000% more estrogen!
kiwifarms.net
I think people see asians as all being one specific type - hard working and focused. It's just not like that. Some may be hard working just not academic or involved - my father is like that, so he didn't have any interest in how we did in school. His family were the "wrong" kind of people in asian society anyway. People forget that there are single mothers, criminals, "trash", poors, alcoholics and do nothings in Asia. It's not a utopia. The further you get out from the major cities, the more people's priorities are different too. People in Busan and Osaka are going to have different views on what constitutes hard work compared to Seoul and Tokyo.
We definitely have a skewed view of Asians in America as being uniformly intelligent and motivated, and since the vast majority of us tend not to look beyond our borders we tend to take it for granted that all Asians are like this. My experience with Asians, however, contradicts this long held belief, as I know Asian people who're absolute morons, as well as those who prefer art and literature to science, finance, and medicine. I have the feeling that as later generations of Asian people grow up in the US they will probably have less success (and less of a stress-based burnout) as the harsh discipline of their parents inevitably gives way to standard middle class upbringing.

Webby's Boyfriend

I'm Webby
kiwifarms.net
In part I have (South) East Asian ancestry, but I don't like East Asia and it's culture. It's a pity that Mao Zedong's cultural revolution wasn't very successful. There were many other intellectuals in East Asia who supposed Westernisation of their countries, some even wanted to replace the Chingchongese languages with Esperanto.

Last edited:

Webby's Boyfriend

I'm Webby
kiwifarms.net

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

HazamA

Oh my, I’m out of time?
kiwifarms.net
Asians are naturally submissive and genetically predisposed to just taking it.
That's just not true..

Parents always have strict rules and regulations in their house; they always beat them if they're not obedient or not good enough.
These practices are very popular among Asian parents

because legal immigrants are just a priori more intelligent/hard working and their descendents are naturally going to inherit that ethic while the family structure is more nuclear. People in China are no more intelligent than the rest.
This!

If they’re smart, you’d think they’d be able to use punctation properly.
Are you like an English teacher or something?
That comeback is so gay lol..

Doc Cassidy

Notorious Bum Driller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's just not true..
Yes it is, everyone knows Asians are naturally effeminate and submissive. It's why Asian guys make such great traps, they don't have to do much to become indistinguishable from their women.

Why do you think so many white and black men marry Asian girls? It's because they're submissive and easy to handle. Also because they have sideways pussies which makes for some very interesting sensations when you're plowing.

It's the hardworking legal immigrant thing. Along with confirmation bias, because there are tons of non successful asians. Plus asian culture (at least in my understanding and limited interactions) doesn't go for the special snowflake stuff mostly, so the kids get a useful degree at college instead of forming a race based crybullying club, or spending all their time organizing walkouts.

queerape

WE WAS DANKEY KANGZ N SHIET
kiwifarms.net
I'm Asian American, and I think it's that achievement and ambition are valued but there is support for taking breaks as well. We try to take the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Syaoran Li
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino