How the fuck do Asian Americans raise their kids so well? -

awoo

Awoo Supremacist
kiwifarms.net
By the raw numbers most Asians are poor and uneducated farmers or factory workers or low income city slum dwellers.
This does not include highly industrialized and densely populated countries like Japan and South Korea.

As I said earlier when you are looking at Asian Americans you should compare them to other immigrants. I bet you'll find most (legal) immigrants have the same hard work ethic and dedication.

Surf and TERF

kiwifarms.net
In between growing up with a hard working Asian and dating a couple of them in my adult life, they are definitely not immune to mental illness as the OP implies.

However, one definite advantage I’ve observed is a strong support system from family/community. They make effort to spend time together and to be engaged with each other’s lives.

For example, the childhood friend- even though she’s stuck at home studying and working without her local friends in town anymore, she has a fulfilling relationship with her parents and cousins.

Even if she has an introverted personality, It’s not possible to get depressed without somebody immediately noticing and keeping her head above water.

She doesn’t have to worry about anything but her medical career because she is supported through everything else. Finding a spouse or moving away isn’t something she worries about because there’s no pressure to become independent right away. She can even study part-time if the classes are too much to take at once. There’s no pressure to rush.

Most people don’t have that, but close-knit Asian families do.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
In between growing up with a hard working Asian and dating a couple of them in my adult life, they are definitely not immune to mental illness as the OP implies.

However, one definite advantage I’ve observed is a strong support system from family/community. They make effort to spend time together and to be engaged with each other’s lives.

For example, the childhood friend- even though she’s stuck at home studying and working without her local friends in town anymore, she has a fulfilling relationship with her parents and cousins.

Even if she has an introverted personality, It’s not possible to get depressed without somebody immediately noticing and keeping her head above water.

She doesn’t have to worry about anything but her medical career because she is supported through everything else. Finding a spouse or moving away isn’t something she worries about because there’s no pressure to become independent right away. She can even study part-time if the classes are too much to take at once. There’s no pressure to rush.

That's a very good point you just made. Western families often force you out of the door and don't hesitate in the slightest to pile bullshit on you if you end up transferring to college back home let alone really get screwed. Then there's the other little things everywhere (grandma needs 400$ and her oldest son pockets 60k a year? Fuck off old lady and take better care of your finances. Actually bother asking the old bitch for advice? She scoffs and barely sputters out a sentence the one time you ask her opinion.) Its a miracle when it works and it only works if both parties want to cut corners with their money.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I did not imply.

Webby's Boyfriend

I'm Webby
kiwifarms.net
Asians get +1 to Intelligence and +1 to Wisdom at character creation, but -1 to Strength and -1 to Constitution.

It's just fair, as far as racial bonuses go.
Many people think I'm East Asian, mostly a Jap. But I look nothing like them, I just look somehow... huh, brownish? But I think I just have the worst qualities of all races.

• TMI
  • Late
Reactions: cactus and Apoth42

Slimy Time

Rape Face #3
kiwifarms.net
They push their kids relentlessly or place them in an environment where they push themselves/are forced to compete. If it's not studying, it's music or sports. There is the view that once they pick up something they must put 120% in. To them result matter, not necessarily the experience/process. Also expect parents to constantly compare their kid to other, more successful children. A lot of them come from poor backgrounds, whether they are immigrants to America/Europe or native, so they put massive emphasis on education/success.

Slightly powerleveling, but am half, so I got/still see a lot of that with the Asian side of the family when I visit them. Some of their parents will bullshit to make their children (and themselves/their parenting skills) seem more impressive/successful. Funnily enough I never got that experience growing up. Asian parent had that treatment, hated it, so decided not to push so long as grades were good. Ended up better off emotionally/psychologically than my Asian relatives. Talk to them about anything not family or education/work related, they are useless/unknowlegable/lack an opinion. Have some relatives that have managed to train their kids to become incels/love shy and actively reject the idea of relationships. It's sad, especially when you see others their age score just as well and are able to mature/be a teenager.

Last edited:

Marco Fucko

Just tell me that you want me!
kiwifarms.net
I'd say focus on important things in life and a lead by example attitude. The lower class guys who are FOB work their asses off and make sure the kids are going in an upward socioeconomic direction, and the more middle class ones show as an example to their kids. I've seen this with middle-easterners, too. One of my bosses was a first gen Iranian and he was grinding his kid to make sure he got into at least a State uni so he didn't have to work 6 or 7 days a week managing a store. This one Korean dad told his daughter not to see me in high school, and I couldn't even really blame him because at the time I was an unemployed stoner.

No community is without it's problems though, children of "tiger" parents have snapped and either burnt out or enacted violence on themselves or others.

Lemmingwise

Welcome home
kiwifarms.net
French, Spaniards, Italians, etc. are lazy as fuck but they're happy people. Japs, Chinese, etc. are hard-working and they off themselves constantly.
What is this, a meme from three decades ago?

The French had a higher suicide rate in 2012. Right now it's only slightly lower than Japan. Belgium has a higher suicide rate than Japan.

Look at the lazy happy french people.

france.jpg

wylfım

To live a lie, or die in a dream?
kiwifarms.net
What is this, a meme from three decades ago?

The French had a higher suicide rate in 2012. Right now it's only slightly lower than Japan. Belgium has a higher suicide rate than Japan.

Look at the lazy happy french people.

View attachment 888770
To be fair most European suicides don't come directly from the education system. There's a difference between failing at life and offing yourself, and doing a backflip because you got a C on a test and can't bear to show your parents.

Lemmingwise

Welcome home
kiwifarms.net
There's a difference between failing at life and offing yourself, and doing a backflip because you got a C on a test and can't bear to show your parents.
It's just failing at life at a different age.

I'm not saying the problem is identical, but the implication was that it was karoshi deaths, whereas in Europe it's a dandy paradise or something, when the depth of the problem (though different) is of similar magnitude.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino