How to best use gochujang? - Korean chili sauce.

Niggaplease

Just a bitch.
kiwifarms.net
So I saw a recipe on YouTube for gochujang stir fry udon in and I made it but I have gochujanf left over. How do you suggest I best use it? I was thinking of making gochujang wings, I even added a bit of it to salsa. but do you guys have any good ideas?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: BingBong

break these cuffs

Wagner loves cock
kiwifarms.net
I haven't had a spicy sauce/flavor that I haven't enjoyed in a breakfast burrito. Alternatively you can do it skillet/bowl style which is just the burrito without the wrap in a dish.

Dubu Kimchi

kiwifarms.net
How does the paste mix with salsa? I've been seeing references to gochujang being the new hotness and replacing sriracha sauce, but its a rather concentrated flavor paste. I like to use it has dip for cucumbers and carrots though. It is a great base flavor for soups and stews, as well.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
A recipe I like making is chicken marinated in gochujang, brown sugar, and scallions (and some other ingredients I can’t recall off the top of my head) and simmered with baby spinach. Goes great on rice and is a simple dish to take to work.

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
I've been seeing references to gochujang being the new hotness and replacing sriracha sauce,
Nah. It's good, but sriracha is more generally versatile. Gochujang is really good on some things, but I've found a lot of things that it really doesn't work with that sriracha does. Or at least, doesn't work as well as sriracha.

That's not a commentary on which one is "better" in some objective sense, they're just different.

• Winner
Reactions: Sorlock

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
Goes great on burgers. Great dipping sauce for porkchops and steak. Of course, it's fantastic with chicken. Great on eggs.

Found a salsa recipe. Looks pretty good.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox
Tags
None