How to set up your own Pleroma Instance? -

• Stealth is back for people browsing at work (it's jank as shit but whatever).
    The email should be working now.

Purple Threat

A Deadly Fuschia, if you will
I'm a normie and the most coding experience I have is self-hosting open-source discord bots. I want to hop on the fediverse trend and support the feasibility by creating my own instance; as simply and in-expensive as possible. I'm only looking to host a couple of friends so the most basic options would be fine.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
I was hoping for a more beginner friendly guide, plus I aiming towards something that doesn't run off my computer. Half the guides are outdated, and everytime I try to get shit to work off digitalocean I run into one problem after another. The most luck I had was with Yunohost but it was far from the most stable

Did you try Digital Ocean's premade Mastodon droplet though? That's seems like it'd be the easiest way to get something rolling.

Purple Threat

Did you try Digital Ocean's premade Mastodon droplet though? That's seems like it'd be the easiest way to get something rolling.
I prefer pleroma's interface, but I might just go mastadon if I run out of options. Mastadon has a lot more guides and user support than pleroma does at the moment.

From what I've seen its possible to host pleroma on digitalocean ocean, I just haven't found out how.

Purple Threat

It does not get easier then this if you cant do that, you have no business hosting your own pleroma instance. just accept that you are too stupid to copy paste.

I was wrong, you can go even easier but dont do this. youll learn nothing
I was able to get it up after 4 days of looking through stuff on my own and contacting friends for help. For whatever reason, it only worked when I set up nginx and certbot first.

But this is the kind of attitude that keeps this shit off the mainstream. I said myself I was relatively inexperienced at coding. I and many others wanna see federated tech get more support but it's pretty gay to just throw a link at any rando who asks and say copy + paste.